Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

We really need to stop looking at the issue from a purely anatomical perspective. Darwin did not know the identity of the mechanism of variation. Mandel did not know the identity of the hereditary material. Here we are today, unraveling the secrets of gene expression, and yet we still insist on framing the debate around tissue structures. Instead of bickering about the homologues of the elephant's trunk, how about we realize that there are no genes that code for an elephant's trunk? Genes code for proteins, in cells, and it is the proteins embedded in the membrane of the cells that determine how they assemble themselves into tissues.

Sauron
Group Admin

First, I'm sorry for being such a horrible group founder I didn't know this thread existed until now.

Second, I honestly have know idea what you are trying to argue (if you are trying to argue anything), so I can't really respond to you.

Third, this group (while it really does describe my views) is honestly a complete joke. I didn't intend for there to be deep debates on here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3