Helping Hooves 558 members · 837 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hello!
So, I've been thinking, and I've also recently been getting back into the show. I just finished watching season Seven and am halfway through Season Eight. I originally intended for my OC to be a Unicorn, which I really still like, but instead, after watching Parental Glidence, I've been inspired to make my OC a pegasus, I don't know, I guess I saw a lot of similarities between Rainbow Dash's and I family life, at least when it comes to not telling our parents stuff we're up to. Also because my friend, Nightglimmer's OC is a Pegasus. Despite this, I kept the design of my character, because I actually really love it.

I used a base, because I haven't drawn ponies in about two years, and I tried, I'm a bit rusty. I would link it, however, I don't remember where I got it or what I searched up, but if I find it again, I will. However, I did the coloring and background myself.

So anyway, here we are!

I matched up the colors of my OC with the colors of ponies within the show because I noticed they use a very limited color palette, should I say? I wanted it to be as accurate as possible, basically. For instance, there are more ponies than just Rainbow Dash that have her coat color and eyes, and also her mane. So, because I was feeling inspired and wanted to make it closely resemble the art used in the show, I used Applejacks hair color, both the outline and the filling, and AppleJack's eye color, along with Derpy's gray coloring, outline and filling for the coat.

I'm having trouble coming up with a name for her though. She has a nickname right now that I call her-- Darkie. But I don't want that to be her real name. I'll put some information about her below if anyone can help me come up with a possible name for her or cutie mark for that matter.
What do you think?

CHART:

Kind: Pegasus

Sex: Female

Residence: Cloudominium In Cloudsdale (Formerly)
Hoofington (Currently)

Animal Caretaker
Weather Patrol (Part-Time)
Student at the School Of Friendship

Eyes: Moderate Sap Green

Mane: Pale, Light Grayish Olive

Coat: Medium Gray

Nicknames: Darkie

Relatives: Golden Moon (Mom)
Malachite Sketch (Aunt)
Rose Quartz (Older Cousin/Adoptive Sister)
Star Sweeper (Older Cousin/Adoptive Brother)
Flawless Gem (Cousin)
Fancy Charm (Cousin)
Ace Hex (Cousin)
Lunar Shade (Aunt)
Unnamed Uncle
Silver Stream (Uncle)
Ivory Storm (GrandFather)
Orchid Stone (GrandMother)

PERSONALITY:

Loyalty

Darkie has been shown to be extremely loyal to her friends, most notably Nightglimmer. She does her best to protect and defend Nightglimmer and attempts to keep her out of harm's way. She will without hesitation do anything Nightglimmer asks her to do and constantly tries to provide assistance to her. However, she is loyal to her other friends too, this is made an example when she is bribed by her Aunt to move in with her but chooses to stay with her friends. She met Nightglimmer, along with Moonrose and Starry Inkwell when she moved to Hoofington from Cloudsdale.

Stubbornness

One of Darkie’s most prominent qualities is her stubbornness, and unwillingness to accept help. This is constantly made a feature trait about her. Once in a flashback, she remembers being a filly before she had earned her cutie mark and begrudgingly accepting help from a teacher. In addition, she has stated many times that she believes accepting help means you’re weak, and that you couldn’t do it on your own like you were supposed to. She tends not to accept help on chores, work, injuries, and other things that may require the assistance of others.

Self - Image

Darkie is often self-conscious about in regards to how she appears in front of other ponies. She typically does not participate in things that can be considered to be “feminine” such as going to the spa, doing makeup, or wearing dresses, as seen when Moonrose tries to give her a makeover only to be met with Darkie trying to run away. In the end, Nightglimmer had to hold her down as Moonrose did her make-up, but she quickly settled down after Nightglimmer admitted to wanting to see her in a full face of makeup. Later, she confessed she was happy she did it, as it made Nightglimmer happy.
When she meets a Pony named Tigris, she originally wants nothing to do with her, however, Tigris accurately deduced the reason she was so dark and cold towards other ponies and thus, a friendship began. This led to name calling between the two, with Tigris calling her Darkie, and Darkie giving the nickname of Brat to Tigris. At the end of the year, when Tigris moved to Califoalnia, Darkie acknowledges that Tigris has been a strong influence on her.
She is often concerned about being seen as weak or helpless and tries hard to be stronger, faster, and better than other ponies. But it is later discovered that she only wishes to catch up with Nightglimmer, as she feels that Nightglimmer has always been better. And she feels she will fall behind to the point that Nightglimmer will move on without her.

Flight

Darkie is a natural born flier, being a pegasus, and very good at it too. Her Mother enrolled her in Cloudsdale Flight School as a filly and when she moved to Hoofington and met Nightglimmer, she taught her as well. She’s never beaten Nightglimmer in a race, but she hopes one day she can be just as good of a flier as her.

SKILLS

Organization and Cleanliness

Darkie is often seen wiping down the surfaces of her Hoofington home and organizing. It’s stated that it is one of her favorite things to do and she mops, sweeps, wipes, and organizes weekly. She prefers cleaning to hang out with her friends, but later, she’s seen to go out more rather than clean around her house. Nightglimmer and Moonrose both agree that she has OCD. And that claim is later proved true.

Flight

Darkie is exceptional at flying and is constantly trying to improve her technique, speed, and agility. As a filly, she was not very good at flying due to a permanent injury affecting her wings she received as an infant. When she moved to Hoofington, her friend, Nightglimmer takes up the task of teaching her. And since then, Nightglimmer continues to encourage and tell her she is doing great.

FAMILY

Parents

The whereabouts of Darkie’s biological Mother and Father are unknown, especially since was born outside of Equestria and adopted by Golden Moon. Her Mother died at when she was a filly, and after that, she moved in with her Aunt Malachite Sketch and her two Children, Rose Quartz and Star Sweeper. She loves her Aunt and even started calling her “Mom” soon after she moved in with her. Malachite Sketch loves her just as she loves her other to children, however, the two bicker a lot, leading them to have a fragile relationship.

Star Sweeper and Rose Quartz

Darkie is close with her siblings, even though her Sister lives in Manehattan and her Brother lives in Califoalnia. She talks to them very often, and together they often plan surprises and other kind gestures together for their Mother, which Darkie ends up carrying out because the other two can’t be there.

Lunar Shade

Darkie, on more than one occasion, has shown strong dislike towards her Aunt Lunar, and thus, the two have very little interaction and even less of a relationship. Despite this, she tries to get along with her.

Silver Stream

She and her Uncle have a very close relationship, contrary to not seeing each other often because he too lives in Manehattan. But they do see each other on family gatherings and Holidays and enjoy chatting and catching up about life.

Cousins

Ace Hex, Flawless Gem, and Fancy Charm are Darkie’s cousin and the children of Lunar Shade and her unnamed husband. She does not like any out of the three of them and is especially cautious to keep an eye on them when they are around her Grandparents.

Ivory Storm and Orchid Stone

Darkie shows a lot of compassion and dedication to her Grandparents, she looks up to them and wants nothing more than to please them. Her GrandFather calls her his “Dedicated Soldier” as she is very protective of him and will defend him against anypony no matter who they are and how close she is to them. Ivory Storm and Orchid Stone are some of Darkies biggest idols. She holds much respect for them and will do anything for them.

Anyway, that's what I have to share, sorry it's so long!!

What do you think? Anything I should add or take away? Any ideas for a name or cutie mark?

Thanks!
- Darkie09

6869644 Cloud Tipper

The cutie mark is just a cloud without anything else.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll think about it. I haven't really decided what I want her to be good at. But I've decided that she likes animals too.

6870592 I came up with the name because she has white legs as if she just tipped them in a cloud.

If you want to go the animal route, she could be Sheep Stomper (because her legs are white).

That’s not bad. I’ll think about it. But if I take either of those two routes, I’ll tell you. I think it’s cool that you came up with the names based on the legs! Thank you for your help.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5