I See Pink/Vogonverse 248 members · 28 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Ladies and gentlemen, First, I want to thank all of you for reading our bits and pieces in the Vogonverse. Rest assured that I am currently writing on all of the Vogonverse stories that I have taken upon myself. I plan on updating the bulk of them within the next couple of months. That said... I wanted to bring up one of the stories of the Vogonverse. Anthropomorphic Seed, Guardian and Friends' story, is going to be... Absorbed back into the Vogonverse. I'm going to leave the story up and alone where it is, but there are going to be a few changes.

Originally, before he was banned, Guardian had a specific direction he wanted to take his story. I had no problem with the direction, but I felt that some of it needed to be curbed. After all, the Vogonverse, for better or worse, is more of a Slice of Life set of stories than anything else. While I'm not against having a massive villain and having a hero rally against said villain I felt that it was unnecessary in this case. Regardless, After his banishment I left the story completely alone on the in case he would return, or at least be willing to allow someone else to take over the story and continue it through Skype, email, etc.

Such a thing has not happened. For that reason, above all else, Spike and Babs will be reentered into the Vogonverse. I'm sure that some of you are wondering what that means exactly? I'm not going to simply undo what Guardian did. His characters became tied up with other characters in the series, and his crossover with I See Pink has solidified his story as basically canon. Instead, Babs, and her stallion, will be something of Background 'Ponies' to the Vogonverse. I'm fine with having canon short stories written about Babs, but before they're approved I would like to have a chance to look over them.

Spike however, Spike is going to be reintroduced into the series. I feel that his introduction could be done with a bit more flare. Our favorite dragon could use a little more love in that fashion.

So, there's the open letter. Again, thank you, all of you, for reading this.

- RJP

So, the original author got banned? Wow, I did not know that.

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Yeah, Guardian and Friends got banned sometime ago. We communicated for a while outside of Fimfiction, but he wasn't really interested in letting someone else take over the story. I gave him ample time to get back with me, or to assign someone else to take the reigns, but being that we haven't talked for about six months at this point, I'm fairly sure that there's no intention at all of trying to do anything with it, so I figured that it would be best to be the one to get things set in motion.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3