I See Pink/Vogonverse 248 members · 28 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

What kind of technology is there?
What is readily available to the general population and what isn't?
How much is a credit worth anyway?
How much of the US population lives in the Stacks?
Are there Stacks elsewhere?
Is Live-Action Television still a thing?
How much money do you have to have to be considered rich?
What are conditions like in the Stacks? (In as much detail as possible.)
What is the name of Andy's novel? The one that got turned into a movie.
How are the Stacks built?
Are there Stacks built on top of regular houses?
How do the rich live?
Is there a middle class?
Do Vogonverse ponies always fall in love with their activator? In fact, do the two even have to get along?
How old would the Cutie Mark Crusaders be in this universe?
Can Vogon change the age of a pony?
Can a pony in this universe catch diseases?
How strong are these ponies?
If you're wondering why I'm asking so many questions, it's for the two stories I plan on writing in this universe. The first one will involve Scootaloo, and I'm not sure about the other one. (The other one's been through 3 revisions and I'm still not satisfied with it. I'm starting to question if I'll ever finish it.) Most of these questions are based around the Scootaloo story.

I'm not going to get any answers, am I?

The lack of answers is... disappointing. Well, I guess I'll have to make up my own answers and hope they don't contradict anything Lordfrieza has planned.

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Wow... Sorry things have been really hectic!

Okay Let me give you a quick run down of your questions.

What kind of technology is there?

The Technology available is comparatively much more advanced than our own. For the most part it revolves around the internet, and specifically immersion technology. In this case it's a complete Virtual Reality matrix that fools the senses into believing that everything they see, hear, and smell is real. Beyond that though... Well automobiles are purely electric, with the exception of the far more expensive combustion engine types. The reason for this is the oil crisis that's been happening for the last twenty years. Digital Assistants (AI that's designed to help its owners) have been around for the past fifteen years, and has become increasingly affordable. Most of the AIs are fictional characters from movies, television series, and video games. However, there are a few out there who are modeled after now dead celebrities Trains have switched over to pure electric, and jets are rarely used. Only the Governments and the top two percent of the wealthiest people have the funds to fuel and run them. There are private charter solar powered gliders, but those only haul up to six people at a given time..

What is readily available to the general population and what isn't?

All Immersion Technology is available to the general public. Has it is at this point was created by James Halloway, and he made sure that it would be in use for his video gaming company. However, other applications have been found for it, and so Immersion technology has been how the world goes to work since it's introduction in 2029.

How much is a credit worth anyway?

A single credit is worth 5 US dollars or 6 Euros. It is also worth 10 Yen.

How much of the US population lives in the Stacks?

Excellent question! Okay, currently the last Census revealed that there was 43 % of the US Population currently living in the Temporary housing solution called the Stacks.

Are there Stacks elsewhere?

The Stacks are all over the United States, none exist in Great Britain, They exist in Canada, Mexico has more stacks than original buildings, They are found all over South America, South Africa only has them in two cities, And there are none in Germany, or actually most of Europe. Russia however is nearly tied with the United States on the amount of stacks and people living in them.

Is Live-Action Television still a thing?

It's more of a novelty, but it does still happen. Currently the most popular Live Action show is 'Disconnected' It's a show about a guy who decided to disconnect himself from the net, and is trying to live without working through the net at all. It's reduced his choices down to the manual labor industry.

How much money do you have to have to be considered rich?

Andy would be considered very well off and his account is roughly thirty million credits. Rich, truly rich, has accounts in the hundred millions and billions.

What are conditions like in the Stacks? (In as much detail as possible.)

Imagine every nightmare you've ever had about rape, being killed, hunted down and your organs harvested for the black market and you'll get about a fraction of what life is like in the Stacks. It's horrible. People in the Stacks, with very few exceptions, have lost hope. All they know is right now, and that makes them dangerous. There are meth labs, gang fighting, robberies, rapes, murders, and slavery going on in some of the worst ones.

What is the name of Andy's novel? The one that got turned into a movie.
New Frontier

How are the Stacks built?

They are composed of scaffolds that hold up Mobile Homes. These Mobile homes are stacked on top of each other. It's not uncommon for them to go forty mobile homes high, but these are extremely dangerous because the chance of a collapse is increased anytime they go above twenty five mobile homes.

Are there Stacks built on top of regular houses?

Yes, in the older more rundown residental sections of some cities it's not uncommon to see a stack constructed on top of an Apartment building or over a house.

How do the rich live?

It greatly depends. Some of the rich lock themselves away in gated communities. There's a major one in Washington DC that only lets in civil servants. This community has hired a military company to guard the gates, and they will shot anyone that tries to get in without warning.

Is there a middle class?

Yes, There is a middle class. These are folks who work in the service industry, but are pretty much at the top of their field. Even with their income they're still reduced to living in apartments, houses (if it was willed to them), or a more structurally sound version of the Stacks.

Do Vogonverse ponies always fall in love with their activator? In fact, do the two even have to get along?

No, they don't, and in fact there's no reason why they have to get along at all. Villains, when activated, may or may not feel a connection to their activator.

How old would the Cutie Mark Crusaders be in this universe?

Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle would be around fifteen or sixteen

Can Vogon change the age of a pony?

Unfortunately no. They go by the age of the ponies in the last season of MLP (This is because of the power behind Vogon)

Can a pony in this universe catch diseases?

YES! The ponies, thanks to their new hybrid bodies, are able to catch any illness that humans can. This includes STDs

How strong are these ponies? Okay, after being here for a few days, couple of weeks, The Earth Ponies regain their full Earth Pony strength. Using Big Macintosh as a reference they can move entire houses if needed. Unicorns are roughly the same strength as a human, Pegasi are a little stronger, but weaker than Earth Ponies.

Hope that helps, and sorry for taking so long!!!

3648298 Thanks! This was far more detailed than I had expected and will be very useful.

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Glad to be of help :pinkiehappy:

There is a line, a specific line from Superman that I believe fits this Earth very well. In fact it's why the power behind Vogon is doing what he's doing.

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you..."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6