I See Pink/Vogonverse 248 members · 28 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Okay, I'm not a big stickler on rules. I don't like to give too many, but there are a few things that I want to establish.

First, Main characters of MLP:FiM are one time creation characters. That means that if Twilight Sparkle is created then she is the only Twilight Sparkle, the same for Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity.

Two... The characters are allowed to have their personality inspired by a fan fiction as well as cannon to the show. So, if you have a favorite fan fiction story that helped develop the personality of your character then aspects of that personality can be added in at Vogon.

Three Interactions with other characters... I have no problem having say... Rainbow Dash visit Pinkie. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. That said, I believe it would be best to ask the author's permission. That said, referencing the other characters that's all fair. Seeing Somepony in town and saying hi is fine. Long visits is something that I want to say has to have author's permission for.

Okay, that's really the main rules I have. Well, that and remember that this is taking place in the future. A future that has been partly inspired by Ernest Cline's Ready Player One. So, enjoy :pinkiehappy:

3557929 What about original characters? I can imagine that there would be quite a large market for a version of your OC. (If this makes no sense within the context of the original fic, sorry. I haven't read it yet.)

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Personally I have no problem with OC's being created. It would be a similar situation as the main cast of MLP:FiM. The similar rules apply, and the OC would be given memories from fan fictions they have been in. (Given that they weren't part of the show that would be all they could really draw from.) So, if you want to do a story featuring an OC go for it.

I'm sorry to say that I never heard of the book. I do have a question though. How will unicorns and pegasi be handled in this universe? How will flight be dealt with? I can't see Rainbow Dash not having the ability to fly. It is part of who she is. What about magic? How will unicorns (especially Twilight) function without the ability to use magic? I'm scared to think how alicorns would work.

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

I've touched a bit on an Alicorn with the teaser I put into the last chapter of I See Pink. There's something very special about Vogon Biotech. Interesting in who it advertises to when concerning MLP:FiM. It's almost... Magical in the way it seems to know who to advertise to.

That said, Pegsi will be allowed to fly, and magic isn't something that doesn't exist on this version of Earth. Instead the magic that is here is very old, and mostly unused since extremely early times. One of the few things still attributed to the magic on this Earth is Inspiration. I want any authors that wants to join in this to explore, and help establish how quickly the unicorns can connect to magic. Alicorns... They're going to connect faster, but even then it's going to take a while for them to master it.

Can you do villains, would said villains have something similar to what they could do in show and fan work?

Oh and how would creepy pasta characters from things like rainbow factory work?

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

I actually have no problem doing villains. I've been playing around with introducing Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra. I've got something special in mind for Discord, but then again, if you've read the beginning of I See Pink and Plowed Fields you might guess what his role in all of this is.

As for Creepy Pasta stories... For the most part I'm going to file those, at least with characters like Pinkie Pie, under the fan works. For example Let's say that someone besides Andy Williams ordered Pinkie and had Cupcakes added to her memories. Then it would be a completely different take on what has happened than what is currently happening.

It's the same if someone ordered her, or Celestia, or any of the mane six and had The Fall of Equestria entered as their memories. It would be a completely different story, and while I have no problem with it being done, it wouldn't be considered cannon. For now, I'm going to list the Creepy Pasta version of the ponies under the fan works. That's not to say that Pinkie doesn't know about her Creepy Pasta counterpart.

After all... Pinkie seems to know things that she shouldn't know.

3570465 thanks. but would they still have there powers or would they need a special way to get it back

[Like would chrysalis be able to connect any drones they have and the buyer to the hive mind]

Also, I might have missed it in the story, what year is it?

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

I didn't give a specific year for a variety of reasons, but it would be safe, more than safe, to say that the technology used in the story would become commonplace within the next forty years. (At least according to Ready Player One, which is where some of the inspiration for this story came from). That said I'm going to safely say that this is taking place in 2054-57. I'm more inlined with the 2054. It also explains Mr. Anderson, who is a brony from when the show was still on the air. An older man who is in his late sixties.

Now... Powers... Unlike most Ponies on Earth stories this Earth does have magic. It's mostly untapped since there hasn't been a real magic user since long ages past. It's part of why Celestia was able to feel magic. She felt a spark of magic inside of herself. The same is going to be said for any any unicorn or Changeling who happened to be brought to Earth.

If Chrysalis was brought to Earth, and a Changeling drone was brought somewhere else she would, in theory, be able to connect to it, but it would take a while for her to connect to the Earth's magic first. I would assume that she could connect her human to the hive mind as well, but how she would do it would depend greatly on the memories her human chose to have given to her. So, if he chose the darker stories then she most likely would be a bit more forceful, and if he chose something like My little Chrysalis then it would be something a bit easier.

The Same is said for Sombra. He would be able to feel magic, but it would take time for him to learn how to connect to it, and wield it. I can only imagine what it would be like if someone decided to make his extra memories come from The Not so Normal Adventures of King Sombra and Pinkie Pie by Harmony Charmer. I can't imagine that he would take meeting Andy very well if that was the case.

3570620 Thanks, Time to start writing

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Awesome, I look forward to reading it :pinkiehappy:

3570663 Ummmm can I take your ad sequence with some, usually ads play the same and it would be somewhat realistic

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Sure, actually that would be fine with me. Go right ahead. I have absolutely no problem with that :pinkiehappy:

3557929 Could a character earn their cutie mark on Earth? I had an idea involving Scootaloo... .

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Yes, yes they can. Like Equus, Earth has magic. Since they can react to it. Part of that reaction is getting their cutie marks. Any colt or filly that is made has the potential to get their cutie mark.

- LF

3575902 Okay, so that should work nicely... I should have something posted in a week or so.

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Awesome, I look forward to seeing it, and thanks for bringing something to Vogonverse.

3557929 When my story is visible on the site, what folder should I put it in?

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Go ahead and add it to the cannon folder, and seriously I look forward to reading it :pinkiehappy:

3578613 Thanks for clearing things up.

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

No problem. The fan works, Customer Orders, and Horror are just that. Fan works is if someone wants to write an alternate story about a character that's already in use... Say they wanted to see Pinkie Pie go to someone other than Andy. It would go there. Customer Order is... Well... Customer order is the place where PWP resides as king. and Horror... That's for the Creepy Pasta kind of stories.

But since no one else has claimed Scootaloo I have absolutely no problem with it being in the cannon story area, and it just adds a little more scope to the universe.

Goddamnit.
I'm going to hurt you, Overseer Neptune.

Hah. So Quartz Dreams never delivered on his Scootafic.

That means I better get reading and crank out some stuff.

Ron Jeremy Pony
Group Admin

Quartz hasn't delivered so far, but the questions he asked here. seems like he most likely is working on it.

3667517 I am still working on it. The answers to some of those questions meant that I had to change plans.

Eh. Mods were touch holes. Have fun with yyour verse doods.

So what's the current situation about Babs / Scootaloo / Lightning Dust?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28