Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 66 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 66
hailspider
Group Admin

Hopefully I'll get more than one entry this time.

Prompt: Once More With Feeling

Theme: Out With a Bang

Genre: Any.

Word count: 1,000+. There is no maximum.

Rating: All are permitted, for once.

Deadline: October 20th, at midnight. This one's almost three weeks because it's special.

Prizes: A detailed review from yours truly, me actually bothering to advertise your story on the front page and on my blog, and anything anyone else wishes to donate. I may also do a quick sketch, but that's entirely dependent on if I actually find my drawing tablet's pen. It fell behind a desk. A drawing by me. Too bad they're usually not very good, otherwise I could use this to attract more people.

Submissions Folder: Weekly Contests -> Weekly Contest #30

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

Out With a Bang

This prompt, sadly, makes me think of the state of the group.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4727606 I saw. It wasn't that bad poetry. On the subject of the group, if worse comes to worse, I'm fairly certain that we'll be closing our doors here. :applejackunsure:

hailspider
Group Admin

4727610 Yeah...:ajsleepy: At least it managed to last a while.

It wasn't that bad poetry.

Also, thanks.:pinkiesad2:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4727613 Over a year. Compared to most groups on the site, we lasted a really long time. At least there are some other groups that have a somewhat similar function. Back when this started, I'm fairly certain it was one of the only ones around.

hailspider
Group Admin

4727618 I suppose we have lasted longer than most groups that aren't about clop. I hadn't thought about it that way. And yeah, there had been another one or two similar groups, but they were already dead when I started this one.

I'll bite, what's the prompt?

hailspider
Group Admin

4727650 "Once More With Feeling". The theme's "Out With A Bang".

Prompt: Once More With Feeling

Theme: Out With a Bang

Um... sorry... but what do you mean by that? :twilightblush:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4727703 Twofold meaning. The prompt means 'let's do it again,' the theme is closing up shop. It's saying let's give it all we got for the last time. Making it both a prompt and a fairwell to the group.

Oh, okay. :twilightsmile:

Making it both a prompt and a fairwell to the group.

A FAIRWELL TO THE GROUP?! NOOOOOOOOOOO! I JUST JOINED! WHY IS IT ENDING?! :fluttercry:

Oh well, I guess I'll just try to think up of an awesome fic.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4727806 We never really got all that many entries. :fluttershyouch: At this point, it's just not worth the effort for the end result. We get maybe one or two entries if we're lucky, and that just... isn't worth keeping this group alive for. It's unfortunate.

Aw man, that sucks. I'll be more than happy to advertise for the group. Hopefully that will pull in more people.

4727545 Once more with feeling...

Alright.

Ahem.

Your love is like baaaaad medicine!
Bad medicine is what I need. ooooooh...

I really don't want this to end. The DT group is doing a contest now; maybe let that tide you over. I have a lot of ideas for stories that would make better contests. I hope this is not the end.

That said, i'll do my best to enter.

Out with a Bang

Thank you.

Thank you so much!

I don't want this group to die.......That's it, I am entering this contest

I might be up for this as well.

It's a shame the group is closing its doors, and it'd be cool to help it go out with a bang.

hailspider
Group Admin

4727944 Good luck to all of you!:pinkiesmile:

'Once More With Feeling'/'Out With a Bang', huh? Yeah, I'll see if I can pull something together for that.

In fact, I think I'm already getting ideas...

hailspider
Group Admin

4729313 May the odds ever be in your favor.:derpytongue2:

hailspider
Group Admin

4727545 THE PEN HAS BEEN FOUND! The crappy sketch reward is now real!

How's everyone doing with their stories thus far, i haven't been able to get it done, but i should have it done before the 13th. The Next day is actually my birthday.

Does anypony else wish to beg our merciless beneficent overlord for a 1-week extension?

I just wrapped another story earlier this week and I'm trying to shift gears for this contest, but I'm not the fastest writer ever...

Well, it's up to Hailspider i believe. We just need to see what that person says first.

Sure. I've had no ideas; another week couldn't hurt.

hailspider
Group Admin

4766751 Sure; I'll make it official when I get home.

4766406 I can put mine together by tonight, but if you really need an extension, I don't see why not.

CoffeeMinion.... Ahem SpookyMinion convinced me to make an entry for this here contest. I'm definitely glad for an extension, I need to vector up a piece of cover art in addition to the story that I'm struggling through.

At the risk of breaking the anti-pun law, I think it will be... A blast? :trollestia:

hailspider
Group Admin

4767360 I wish you good luck.

4766796 Thank you! I feel lame asking, but it was getting to the point where I could tell it was going to make the difference between me having a submission and not.

Thank you much. :twilightsmile:

I thank you, and Dr. Muffinlove thanks you. :derpytongue2:

4767365 So I wrote a thing that's geared more towards the "once more with feeling" side of the prompt than "out with a bang." Any issues if I submit it?

hailspider
Group Admin

4776165 There shouldn't be any.

4776208 Awesome! Thank you again for the extension, and consider it submitted!

(I know, I turned out to get it done before the original date anyway. I'm as surprised as anyone.) :rainbowlaugh:

Wait, so i am confused. When is the due date?

hailspider
Group Admin

4777597 October 20th.

I have summit my story, but i need to wait for it to be accepted before i can summit it here. I hope i am not too late.

hailspider
Group Admin

4793846 You can link me to the story before it's approved and I'll still be able to view it.

Okay thanks :) Will let you know when that happens :)

I have a question about the rules. I have a story that was technically written during the duration of this contest, but which was meant for and submitted to a different contest (the Writeoff). With some modification, I think it would fit this contest's theme quite well. Would my story be eligible, or would submitting it violate the spirit of the rule: "A story must be written entirely during the duration of the contest."?

hailspider
Group Admin

4793998 It's eligible.

hailspider
Group Admin

4727545 Story Examinations (Part 1)!

4793907's What a Show: The grammar isn't great and the forced theme drop at the end has the opposite intent of what was intended. However, the story is interesting, if a bit rushed. And the characters could benefit from more development; we don't learn much about them. As a whole, the story isn't bad; it just needs lots more polish.

4776235's The Counselor: It's got Apple Bloom's characterization down quite well, is well-written, and manages to have its own lesson without feeling preachy.

4793998, 4766751, 4729313, 4728117, 4727650
and 4727806 didn't submit stories, sadly enough.

I'll post Part Two later.

4796795 Damnit, I knew I forgot something.

Sorry! :applecry: Didn't have a good idea in time.
Or at all, really.

I guessed my story had holes, but i just wanted to keep the group alive.

Fuck, I knew I was forgetting something during the 16 hour days.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 66