Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

IT'S OVER!

That's right every-writer, Alchemicgree's OC Contest is officially over and the judging has been completed. Now before I announce the winner of the contest. I would like to say I have deeply enjoyed each piece presented. Each of you have shown great potential and that's why it took nearly a week of hard thought to decide a winner. And because I think each of you deserve something for all this hard work. I am giving each of your stories a full review on my blog, which I will personally begin as soon as I can and it will be done in the order in which each writer entered the contest. I will spread the word to everyone in this group to read your work. And to those of you who have read their work, I say, "like" it, link it, and add it to your collections.

Special Thanks to my Judges
-Voltsthevoltvolts
-TJPet2
Special thanks to A Rare Sight, who has provided the winner with the artist commission prize.
Shout out to all the writers!
-keam
-Nocturnis Comics
-adoptpetz
-nioniosbbbb
-Phantomslayer230
-Rainbowdash124
-Pononimous

Now for the Winner

The winner of the OC Contest is Teach me to trust again, by keam

This story showed the realism found in a divorced family, and how the child is impacted by it.

Centered around Water Lily, a young filly just seeing her mother, Autumn Butterfly, come home from work crying like she's never seen before. Worried, Lily calls her Aunt Poppy Flower for help. Just as Poppy tries to explain/lie to Lily about the reason, there is a knock on the door. Opening the door, Lily meets the final character, Apollo. Apollo is Lily's father and Autumn's ex-husband of eight years. Because of this, Lily does not know who he is.

This story reaches into a deep subconscious thought of the human experience. Many families around the world suffer and or experience the pains of a broken family, or split parents. Though it has been proven that a single parent can raise a child or children, a child or children often require a form of role model to fill in for the missing parent. Not always a step-parent, but a form of role-model. There appears to be none in Lily's life but with how she is happy and capable of noticing how Autumn's crying and stress was different than a normal exhibition of stress. Lily is an exceptional example of how well a child can be even with one parent.

Though it goes into little to no details of Autumn and Apollo's divorce or overall seperation. We get moments such as:

“They passed me by...all of those great romances. Just because of you, robbing me of my rightful chances! You ruined it all for me...I’ll never what I could’ve had, if not for you. If not for letting myself be fooled by an equally big fool.” Autumn stated blantly, still not facing Apollo, the accusation in her voice undeniable.

And

Rising from the floor, he tapped his hoof in the floor repeatedly until Autumn turned around and he could catch her gaze with his and force her to keep looking him in the eyes.

“I didn’t destroy it all. You keep blaming me, but it was you and your hurtful words chasing me out in the rain that night. I thought we had our picture clear, and it all seemed so easy...but then you dropped the bomb and told me one of us had to go. It was your fault!”

Because of this mystery, the writer has shown a clever way to keep the reader(s) hooked and continue reading the story. This vague description the characters' past is a necessary action as the central focus was Lily's interaction with her father.

This story is quite a mix of passive emotions, no directly saying "Here's your dad, hows that make you feel?" This story reaches a deep sense of realism that can be understood by the vast majority of single parent child/children.

:yay: I can't believe it! Thank you!

Funny is, I have no experience of what I wrote about in this story! :P

Yet you have portrayed it in the positive aspect of the child meeting the parent. I have contacted A Rare Sight to get your art commission done. I will work on your review on my blog and have your story put in the winner folder. Congratulations :yay:

Yeah

Okay, lol

4614824 damn i didn't finish in time. I waited to long and procrastinated

Congratulations! Well done! :twilightsmile:

4614830 from an actual child of a divorced couple I'd say you did a pretty good job some divorced couples can barely keep it together for their children mine especially so you did a pretty good job there grats

Thank you

Yeah thank you so much

4614824 So as you said... there's no ladder? Right. Or ranking or something. Right.

4614830 Meh you knew how to connect the pieces well as it seems. Your story didn't demand an explanation of a disease like mine did so people could understand/relate to it more easily. Even though you didn't know much about divorced families as you say you didn't have to... You made a story that didn't have a convoluted plot.

I on the other hand tried to add poetic bs and a childish fear of the dark. Though to be honest until my teens-preteens I was afraid of the dark ((specifically I thought someone or something would pop out and stab me)). But that fear is a bit outdated, and many people grow out of it, so it might have been a bit difficult to "relate/understand".

I don't know much about fighting phobias either but I believe I did my best to deliver something.

Anyway I don't want to rabble on like a sore loser so I'll take my leave now. Gj methinks.

4614864 Pfft like I did better. I wrote it the last 3-4 days.

You're welcome!:twilightsmile:

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Congratz Keam on winning another contest!- I read the story and it was very enchanting I loved it!:twilightsmile:

Okay thanks...or something

4615408 :)

Thanks

Thank you I'm really starting to like this group! :P

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4615126 I'm still working on mine lol.- by the time I finish it, the 1,000th moon will have passed.:ajsleepy::ajbemused:

4616355 Don't worry you did good. It's just me thinking about why I failed.

4617745 thanks... and thanks for the watch!

4617797 I will read your story soon. If you can leave some feedback on mine that'd be nice.

4617801 maybe. I'll se what I can do

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21