Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 32 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 32
Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

So, time for this week's contest.

Prompt: short adventures.
Theme: bite-sized adventure stories. Epic adventures and the like in a short word count.
Challenge: write about an event that has been mentioned, but never shown.
Genre: adventure (other tags are allowed).
Rating: everyone or teen.
Wordcount: 1,000 to 7,000 words.
Deadline: June 3rd at midnight, MST time.
Prize: a flat-color character commission done by Arylett Charnoa.

Good luck to everyone who enters.

4393787 Thank you for hosting this contest. Like with all contests on this site, I'll promote it on my user page in attempt to get you more contenders.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4394112 No problem. Good luck if you choose to enter.

I am growing to feel inspired by these prompts. I'm in!

Deadline: June 3rd at midnight.

In what time zone?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

I just noticed this was a two week contest!- You might have told me this before, I might have just spaced out a bit lol.

Put me down for a Flat Color Character Art Commission by my go to artist Arylett Charnoa.

As a prize for your contest.:raritywink:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4400353 Sorry. :twilightblush: We ended up switching to every other week back around contest number five or six, simply because the three admins, Terein, Achromatique and I decided that one week was just too short for people to think up and write a prompt. We were trying to give out prompts for people to try writing with, and we decided that two weeks was the best way to do it. I forgot to tell you and Dusk and Moonblast, and for that I apologize.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4400365 It's alright Golden.

I know now and am glad to see the deadlines are extended.- Works out just lovely in the end.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4400374 Yeah. Thanks for understanding and putting up with my mistakes. :twilightsmile:

Does the story have to be about referenced but never seen events, or can it be AU, or can it be something of our own invention?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4425227 It's mainly up to you. It can be about something that's been mentioned in the show, it can revolve around something that isn't shown in the story itself, etc. It's pretty open ended, so the challenge is up to how you interpret it. :twilightsmile:

So if I want to imagine something taking place behind the scenes of Equestria girls, and then something that didn't happen in the movie because those events got thwarted, that would be fine?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4425422 Behind the scenes would fulfill the challenge, the things that didn't occur because of events I would say no.

Is the story due tonight or tomorrow night? The this day at midnight thing can be a little confusing.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4431399 Tomorrow at midnight. You still have a day.

Hooray! Thanks!

Smaug, here's my fic for the contest! I am waiting on its approval from the moderation team.

URL: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/269980/the-village

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4435882 I can't judge it, I'm afraid. 4393787

Rating: everyone or teen

:fluttershbad:

Blin. Wrong button. Sorry, I also forgot that fimfic counts apostrophes as words.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4435892 I apologize for asking, but what does blin mean?

Damn, like the exclamation.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4435899 Ah. I'm sorry that I'm unable to judge your entry, but I wish you luck if you choose to enter a contest in the future. :pinkiesmile:

Are you sure? Looks like I got still at least a half hour to go with prettying up stuff like indents and the like, which fimfic also seems to consider words.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4435943 o_O Alright, I'll check on it once the deadlines up. I'm going to hold off final verdict until it's approved, just because I am ridiculously bad at judging what something's rated.

Okay then. Just so you know, I'm on the road right now. Normally I'm US East, but I'm currently in Central.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4435988 Alright. I look forward to your entry.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4435988 Sorry I took so long to get back to you. You're the winner. You got 4/5 for grammar, 18/20 for cohesion, 4/5 for pacing, 9/10 for use of prompt and 9/10 for characterization. Bonus for doing the challenge. As such, you get the prize as well. Congrats. :raritywink:

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4435988 Congratz on winning Goldens contest!

I'll be giving your tale a look over soon, I always enjoy a good story.

But since you did win the contest, The Flat color Character Commission is yours!

Please pm me when you can, I'll give you all the details you need to claim the prize!

Congratulations once more. :twilightsmile:

UPA! What can I say? I'm honored and floored! W00T!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 32