Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 90 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 90

Does a story count if it's about a villain who accidentally annihilated his own species, who has come to feel remorse for his actions, so he comes up with a plot to destroy the world because he's secretly hoping someone will kill him and if they don't, well, then, the world deserves to be destroyed because it let his people be collateral damage of his schemes?

I mean, the fact that he feels remorse is the driving factor behind his actions... but his actions are every bit as villainous as anything else he's ever done. So would that qualify?

How do I submit a story for this contest...First time here...

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4475681 You'll click on the thing that says stories in this group. You'll then click the folder labeled 'villain contest.' It have a little thing that says 'add story.' Click the down arrow on that and select your entry. Then press add.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4472415 I've thought about it, Third person sounds Interesting for a perspective and quite unique, plus you did say you'd write it to where the Villains thoughts would be at the front runner.- so that said I'll allow Third Person P.O.V.

4474023Hmmm after given some thought-I'll allow this, if his remorse is fueling his rage-then overall his plan is to still take over and or destory the land- dying or surviveing would just be a extra bonus it sounds like- I decided to allow this for the fact it feels closely related to.

Two-Face and his motives from The Dark Knight- His motives were for rage and destruction, though he didn't wish to run from his action's if he died during the process it was part of the chance.

He was pushed, and had enough, in the end he wanted to see just how far he could get.- Again I'll allow this as long as it doesn't feel as if it ends as a redemption fic, if he ends up going out while following his usual choices in lifeit sounds ok, if he last minute changes how he would normally act in the situation I might add a penalty.

It's a bit of a grey area but the way you descirbed it I'll give it a go-ahead.

4475894 Thank you Golden for answering a few of The Question's while I was out.:twilightsmile:

Man, didn't think my first contest theme was going to be Villain. I'm in! :pinkiehappy:I've wanted to write about an OC that's been in my head for a while.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4547689 Hope to see something special and Good luck.:twilightsmile:

4362937 I've decided not to do this since I have waaay too many stuff to write.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4574569 That's a shame, hope things ease up soon on your end.:twilightsmile:

4574578 Know that regardless I haven't abandoned the idea of the villain. It would just take so much more time and the idea isn't coming up right now. Maybe if I have time if the idea comes back I will do it.

I've had an enquiry from someone who wants to enter this contest but is currently banned from Fimfiction. (It's a temporary ban, but she's worried that it might be later made permanent.)

She wants to know whether it would be possible to submit a story on Google Docs for consideration. I or somebody else would post the link to this thread.

As far as I can tell "must be published on fimfiction.com" isn't explicitly mentioned in the contest rules.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4587464 Not a judge for the contest, but the group itself does normally accept Gdocs. And, as Rare's an admin here, I think it's safe to assume that you can submit through GDocs.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4589986 Yes that would be fine.-sorry for the late reply I had trouble with my Internet provider.:ajsleepy:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4362937 Are antiheroes allowed?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4594861 I thought it over there are a few definitions of an Antihero- He could be considered a bit of both worlds, But what I found as a certain archetype of the Antihero I think I would allow within the contest.

A Antihero driven by impure but sympathetic motives, most commonly found with a revenge tale.- This definition I feel meets my contest rules.

What that means is yes I will accept a Antihero tale, though it would have to be done in a slight impure way and a impure story, where the Antihero solves a problem or tells a story by his/her actions being impure.

Hope that helped.:twilightsmile:

4362937 So...
so what if I had an OC that really isn't a villain at all, but she would make a really interesting villain?
Could I write an AU type thing where the OC is evil?
Aurgh, my question is confusing.
Imagine you had one of your goody-two hooves OCs and you stuck them in the middle of evil world and they started using their "special talent" for villainy? That's what I'm trying to do. Just checking to make sure that's okay.

Also:

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4598035 I'll allow it as long as The AU OC is not Connected to the Non AU OC.

As long in The AU The OC is a villain in that universe I don't see any problem with this.

Would be what I'd like to think is like a Bizarro world type deal.

Let it be known that I have indeed Submitted my story as of a couple seconds ago.

What do I do if my story isn't approved by midnight?

Am I disqualified?

Tagging to follow; my story isn't done yet and I'm hoping to finish it by midnight.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4628079 As the contest doesn't end till the seventeenth, I'm assuming nothing.

4628396 Excuse me, Mr. Smug the golden.

Deadline: August 13th till midnight- That's two month's to create something wonderful!- Winner's will be announced August 17th.

The deadline is today, but winners are announced the seventeenth.

Again, I submitted my story and its waiting for approval, but if it isn't approved by tonight, will it be disqualified?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4628519 Whoops, I'm an idiot. :facehoof: Anyway, If worse comes to worse, just include a link to it in the thread if you think it won't get approved in time.

Thirty minutes! You all've got this!!

Go go go!!!

Whaaaat?
Where are you? It's only 9:30 where I am!
This really should have been clarified earlier. :twilightoops:

4630004 .....................................................................
Well then.

So I've finished my story here, but I can't post it to the group until it's been approved. How much wiggle room do I have to post before the contest submissions are ended ended?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Sorry Been Really Busy, Everybody- Since I'm late myself to post this I'm accepting all entries that were worried that they might be late.-So no worries there.:twilightsmile:

I'm so happy to be seeing so many entries, but since I'm busy might be a little later to judge each entry one which is 18,000 words ~Squee~-This is exciting I'll buckle down to get everything judged and put in order but I'll try to have winners posted by the 24th at most.

Also wonderful news as well, My promotion is coming soon.- A long road almost at its end.- When it's secured I'm hoping to share my good news with the group.:raritywink:-So wish me luck.

And thank you all to have entered!- You are all wonderful!

OOOOH, it's August Seventeenth!!

*sits by the phone and waits*
*and waits*
*and waits*
*reloads the page quickly*
*and waits*

Point is, IM EXCITED TO SEE THE RESULTS AND NOW I CANT FALL ASLEEP!!

You should probably sleep; the post right above yours says Rare will try to have the results posted by the 24th. :unsuresweetie:

Shhhh...
She said BY the twenty fourth, didn't she?
I should sleep. I have school.
*glances up and opens mouth slightly at the light pouring in her window*
I SHOULD SLEEP. I HAVE SCHOOL.
GOOD NIght...*reloads page one more time*

Lol, this sounds like my reaction. But alas, all we can do is wait. And refresh. And wait. :rainbowlaugh:
Good luck to you guys! :pinkiehappy:

4362937 did you pick a winner yet or is that later?

Probably later; Rare hasn't been on for almost three days.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4646455 Well, she actually got on four minutes before your comment, so it might not be all that long.

Haha! I summoned her!

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4646517 Thou art a wizard.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

I'll be announcing tomorrow!

I'm sorry for not being on, my father had a stroke and I've been at his side at the medical center three cities away.- They say he will be ok but will need time to recover.-My mother has asked me to help with this, I'm covering gas money, traveling money and some health care bill's.

If possible please pray for him, that he might recover fully.- he has jumbled speech and no use in his leg.-As said I'll be announcing winners tomorrow.

Arylett is a bit swamped with commissions, but prizes will be given out soon as well, funds are bit tight-but on the first i'll give out 3rd prize to the winner, then within the month I'll give out the rest.

I'm hoping my promotion will come through soon, I could really use the extra funds around here at this time.- I'd be thankful for all your patience, and again I apoligize for the delay.

4647075 Awww, good luck to your dad and to your family! I hope things go well for all of you ^-^

When the winners were going to be posted, was that going to be a private message to the others, or something like a public thread? Or did I just terribly miss something?

I probably did, but it's still worth asking, if only for clarification.
Glad your dad is better, by the way!

Edit: Adding a tag, that probably would've helped my case earlier =P

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 90