Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

Hello everyone TheBestGamer here with a contest you might love.

This contest is for stories featuring Twilight Sparkle and Princess Cadence as the sisters they are. It can either be before the wedding and when they were still young and in Canterlot or after the wedding and when they are in their present years. However, I only accept them being sister so no shipping aloud.

You can add other characters like Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Night Light, or even Princess Celestia. Just as long as it has Cadence and Twilight Sparkle as the main characters you're good.

The stories will be judged by grammar and plot-line.

Now here are the Rules:

Do: Keep the story simple. (Remember that it will be judged by plot-line so make a good enough plot-line even if it depicts them just hanging out)

Don't: Make it really long. (For one-shots this limit of words is about 6,000 words and multiple chapter limit of words is about 50,000 words)

Do: Make the story heartwarming. (You can make it Slice of Life, Sad, Comedy, Alternate Universe, or two or three of said tags)

Don't: Use other tags. (It should be a heartwarming story which means no Dark, Tragedy, Adventure, Random, or other tags)

The winning story will have it featured in the Award Winners folder of Foal-Sisters group and will get a shout out on a blog.

The contest will be over on June 15 so that should give you all plenty of time.

You can submit it by PM or by folder on this group (if there will be one that is).

Thanks for reading.

4317643 Huh?

Twilight Sparkle and Cadence are sisters, yet no Alternative Universe tag allowed?

How does that work out?

Also, this seems weird as a rule:

Don't: Make it really long. (For one-shots this limit of words is about 6,000 words and multiple chapter limit of words is about 50,000 words)

So a one chapter story with seven thousand words is "really long"? But a two chapter story with twenty thousands words per chapter is OK?

4317653 yeah maybe that was a long shot OK I'll allow it

4317653 Are you still going to be part of it?

MyChemicalRomano
Group Contributor

4317673 Oh right forgot about that hold I'll put that on.

4317669 I doubt it — too many other things going on already.

I'm assuming this is separate from the normal weekly contests? 50,000 words in a week wouldn't leave much time for editing, proofreading and so on! :P And if that's the case, what's the closing date?

4317688 I just added the deadline on the first post, sorry that I didn't do it before.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

Why not just make the limit 50000 words? It's easier than limiting the word count by whether or not its multi-chapter. Just my two cents.

4317919 That's the point, just don't go over 50000 words, unless it's a couple hundred extra. But that's it.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4317930 Fair enough. Out of curiosity, who's judging this? If it's just you, I'm glad it's you and not me trying to judge entries up to fifty thousand words .:twilightoops:

4317941 Don't worry It's just me.

4317643 Why will the stories be judged on likes? You know that's extremely biased right? I mean what do you mean by that? Fics may be downvoted out of random.

hailspider
Group Admin

4318235 Seconding nionios here, likes are not a valid criterion on which to judge a story.
Change up how this contest is handled and I'll give you a folder.
(And with that titanic max word-count, you may want to recruit additional judges; they also help make a contest seem less biased.)

4318267 Maybe that wasn't a great idea, alright it won't be judged by likes, instead it will just be judged on plot-line and grammar. Sorry about that.

MyChemicalRomano
Group Contributor

4317675 Cheers, hopefully I'll have enough time to write one, I'll keep this in mind

4317643 Like with every contest on Fimfiction, I'll be promoting this one on my user page in attempts to get you more contenders.

4320667 Thanks for that.

Twilight + Cadence = sisters
Twilight + Shining Armor = brother and sister
Therefore, Cadence + Shining Armor = siblings.
Wedding mentioned
...incest?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Oh my!- I'm so sorry I did not notice your contest till now!

I shall sticky this thread at once!

Also if you'd like, I'd be willing to offer my help as a judge.

Not only that, I would also be willing to offer a additional Prize for your contest.

It would be a Commissioned Flat Color picture.

I shall also give a shout out to this contest in my blog as well.

If there is anything at all I can do to help, please do not fear to ask.

Love, Rare.

4355108 Thanks for that and I would love to have you as another judge.

Does it have to be SFW?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4382498 Ty and Yw, I'll love to judge as well.:raritywink:

4382977 Yes no clopfic and no dark and gruesome, just keep it rated E or T

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26