Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 44 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 44

Judging Completed!

Congratulations to the Grand Prize winner Wolfsalvo with Spring's Passion. Adorable fluff and Princess Luna was an unbeatable combination for me. Expect a PM from me soon about your reward!

Also please congratulate our two runner ups:

Nioniosbbbb with Springtime Nights - Pneuma Flower. Very nice story about changelings, relationships, and love. I enjoyed it quite a lot. This story was the other finalist, and let me tell you it was really close! Expect a PM soon about your reward!

BronyDash860 with A Beautiful Night. A short, bittersweet tale.

And special thanks to CoffeeMinion and Miffles for entering.

I enjoyed reading everyone's stories, thank you all!

Contest is now closed for submissions. I will begin judging entries now. I work full time so it will take a bit for me to go through them all. Thank you everyone that submitted!

Hi! I thought I'd offer a contest, since there is only one active contest and supposedly a new prompt is supposed to go up each week or something? Anyways.

This contest is for fun. Entries go in the group folder "Springtime Nights". Contest is open until midnight GMT April 30th.*

Story Entry Publication Requirements
Story must be at least 1000 words long.
Story must be complete by midnight, GMT April 30th.
There must be a major scene involving the enjoyment of a spring night or nights.
Story long description should contain the phrase "My entry for the Springtime Nights contest".

Story must be published at one of the following locations:
www.archiveofourown.org in the Springtime Nights collection [link]
www.fanfiction.net
www.fimfiction.net

To enter stories from other sites (fanfiction.net or AO3) reply back to this post with the following information.
Story Title
Link to your entry (if it is SFW, still can't break site rules and link NSFW, link to your author page/story list if NSFW)
If published on AO3 it must be in this [link] collection.

Prizes
There is a grand prize, if you so desire, of me writing the winner nearly any sort of MLP** story. I will write between 1000-3000-ish words, with 1000 guaranteed. This does include clop, but I reserve the right to not write fetishes that squick me out. Edit: If you so choose I will draw, ink & color a character and background, for you instead. Digital art not guaranteed, but I do have a working scanner so it won't be a pic with my phone.

Runner ups get a quick pencil doodle of nearly anything of their choice. Depending on time the doodle might be inked.
There may be only one runner up or there may be more than one. Stories qualify as runner up if they successfully immerse me in them and meet the grammar/technical writing and contest rules. At least one runner up is guaranteed.

Nothing amazing, I know, but this is (hopefully) fun for everyone.

Here's the contest:

Write a story about some creature (pony, changeling, griffon, human, dragon) appreciating something unique to Princess Luna's spring time nights. Story must be complete. Minimum of 1000 words, multiple chapters are OK as long as it is completed, just remember I am but one woman, there are no other judges, extremely long entries will slow down the judging,
For example, meteor showers, or constellation changes, or flowers that only bloom then or literally anything that some creature could conceivable enjoy about spring nights.

Stories will be judged on technical skill (grammar), immersion, and of course how well they convey the night being enjoyed by the beings involved.

Clop is allowed, but not required.
If you write clop it MUST be consensual (no rape, no hypnotism/mind control, no foal'con'). Additionally no clop with anything to do with poop/pee/barf, and also no incest. That squicks me out and I won't be able to get over "EW GROSS" to judge it fairly.

*Deadline will only be extended if there are not 5 entries by midnight April 30th.
** If the winner wants a non-MLP story or art, I might be able to do something in Marvel (comics/movies/tv), Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, or other, negotiable fandoms.

Edit 4/9/2015 to clarify publishing rules.

Here are some examples of my sketches for the runners up:

Pencil sketched ponies:

Map pencil sketch & colored doodle, Mystery Skulls:

4227032 the question I have is whether or not these side questscontests are within the group rules?

I didn't see anything disallowing them. I could be wrong though.

4227110 maybe you could suggest this as the next contest story prompt?

Hm. Alright. I can deal with this. I already have a good idea. Also can the winner choose the second place prize? I'd like to make an OC pony for myself.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4227093 There fine. As long as nothing gets out of hand, things should be just fine and dandy. We're a group about contests, and if people want to host their own here, I see no reason to ban it. I have no qualms about shutting them down if things get too out of hand, however.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4227032 OP, I stickied your thread, just so that people have another contest to enter if they wish.

4227268 thank you for the prompt response.
With the official green light given, I think I shall have to join in on this.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4227281 You're quite welcome. Have fun. :pinkiesmile:

Awesome! Thanks!

Sure, if the winner would rather have a sketch than a story, that's fine with me. I'll make it a full fledged inked and colored doodle, with background for the winner. No promises on digital, I'm still a bit rough at that, but I have a working scanner now, so I'll scan it proper instead of using my phone's camera.

Looks like we have about three potential entrants already! How exciting!

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Count me in as well writing about the beauty of nature is refreshing!, been meaning to enter contests more often- and let me just say the recent clop-tests arising lately just leave bad images in my head...:ajbemused:

4227032 Well, I wish you good luck with your contest. Hopefully, you won't get the same backlash I did. Not that I blame anyone. It was beginner's mistake on my part.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/247687/timber
:derpyderp1: may be late but I can still be hopeful :pinkiehappy:

4227032 I'll promote this contest on my user page in hopes to get you more contenders. Good luck!

Excellent!

Thank you! :twilightsmile:

You're not late at all, you've got a month before the contest closes. :pinkiesmile:

Awesome! Thanks! :pinkiehappy:

Also, once we've finished. Where should we put our entries? Is a folder bieng made or is one already made? :rainbowhuh: and are we allowed to enter multiple stories?

:derpyderp2:

Well I read life wrong...
:twilightsheepish:

Just one entry per contestant.

hailspider
Group Admin

4229439 You now have a folder.

Thanks to 4229551 ! We now have a folder for contest entries!

Please put your stories in the folder "Springtime Nights" I will update the contest post up above with this info as well.

Alroght, if this is a thing, I'm in! :D

I already started a short summer/spring thing, but I got an even better idea for this...

If this keeps getting entries at this rate

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

One last Question, does the story have a length it has to be between?- didn't see anything above about it.- If it's a free word count write then awesome!

At least 1000 words, story must be complete by the contest deadline. The rules are now updated.

4227032 I might try this...

My interest is piqued. Consider me an entrant. Is shipping okay? Sorry if this was asked already. And if specific ships are not allowed, which ones aren't? Thankies in advance :yay:

4251051 :pinkiehappy:

4253321 Shipping is perfectly fine! I am willing to read any ship, as long as it is not foal'con' and not incest. And if clop the rest of the rules apply as well.

I'll enter! I've started right now! :pinkiehappy:

MyChemicalRomano
Group Contributor

4227032 I hearby enter my new (perhaps still pending approval?) story, Strange Obsessions. :ajsmug:

Reminder everybody!

Today is the final day to submit your story to this contest! If you think your story won't be approved on FiMfiction by midnight tonight (GMT) then you do have the option to publish it on your AO3 [link] account and add it to the AO3 contest collection [link]. OR publish it on the dreaded fanfiction.net.

If you publish on any site that isn't FiMfiction please comment in this thread with a link to your user page with the story title, or link the story directly (as per site guidelines no directly linking NSFW content)

What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? - Starlord

MyChemicalRomano
Group Contributor

4323606 Sorry, I can't enter now :(

4323606 already in! Good luck everyone! :pinkiehappy:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4227032 Congrats to the winners.

4227179 Anyone know what happened here? I mean I haven't received the second place prize. And she's been offline for long.

hailspider
Group Admin

4964551 No clue what happened here.

4965301 Has been inactive for like 30 weeks?

Looks like she posted some art from her DeviantArt account... might be able to track her down there.

4965323 Do you have her/his deviantart? I don't have it.

I think I found it. Here's a DeviantArt gallery link to one of the pics from above: http://jessyni.deviantart.com/art/Mystery-Skulls-Ghost-Doodle-497927512

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 44