Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

Do you like judging?
Do you want to have an input on what stories get posted?
Join out group of judges!
Just contact me or post in the thread below and let me know that you want to judge.

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

I'll judge! I like judging! I can do judge things!
Quiz me! Test my skills and knowledge! I am more than fit for duty!
I can grammar correctly! I describe things! I mean, here's me describing a teacup:

Holy shit, my eyeballs! That teacup wasn't just blue, it had goddamn paisly patterns all over it! A picture of countless little light blue tadpoles adorned the outside of the pretty little teacup. The tadpoles drifted aimlessly like lost souls with their light blue, frilly, little organs on display. It was like the 1950's cried fabulously all over the thing.

And if that wasn't enough, it was resting on top of a doily. A doily! You know those pieces of paper you folded up and cut to make into unique little snowflakes when you were a kid? Well, imagine that, but imagine you totally wanted to make it into a pretty little flower instead.

At that point, I had enough. I grabbed the teacup in one massive, hairy palm, and the doily in the other. I crumpled the doily and ate it before emptying my bowels into the teacup. I watched in pain and glee as a mix of blood and chile relleno haphazardly painted the teacup a much more manly color.

Edit: Oh, I want to judge all things. I'd get bored if I stuck to one genre. Okay, maybe not clop or grimdark, since those aren't really my areas of expertise, but I'm okay with most genres.

I grabbed the teacup in one massive, hairy palm

I'm going to try and grab in things with my palms now, brb.

3715765 Okay so I'm basically the only one judging right now, and I probably suck at it so thanks a lot for volunteering
Judging is a little complicated, and you have to be able top do it pretty quickly (hopefully one or two days but ill cut you slack when you need it)
You can't participate in a contest and judge. Also, life happens. Also its best if we have more than one judge.
So basically what i need you to do is message me when you want to judge (or if your judging a lot, when you wont be able to judge) fairly soon after the contest is announced. Some weeks, I'll be participating in the contests so you'll be judging alone.
So yah, just message me when you see a contest you'd like to judge, and ill give you the rubric, and tell you if ill be judging or participating and stuff

(also, can you judge poetry?)

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

It's a good skill to practice for when your hands get too large.

Hmm. If judges are judging the same contests they're competing in, then they shouldn't be able to judge their own fic and you'll have to take the average of my scores into consideration. To combine all the judge's scores, you'd do it by averages. Also, I think a very small review is necessary for judging reasons like "I don't like the mean Angel bunny cliche. 0/10." or "Your background character was OOC."

I did watch Rainbow Rocks though, and I have plenty of time now that my midterms are over, so I do want to judge this contest. But if we're gonna keep it fair, then we're gonna have to work hard with that. Because of the amount of work that would take, I'm fine with holding off judgement for this contest.

(I seriously doubt I can judge poetry. I almost never read it.)

3715918 Instructions not clear enough. Got dick stuck in fan. Send help.

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

I tried dialing 911 for you, but my massive finger just broke through the phone. Sorry. :pinkiesad2:

3715918 :facehoof: that can was supposed to be a can't. it was a typo (which seems to be happening a lot today)
So in light of that, do you want to judge or participate in this contest?
also, scoring is usually based of of this:
Characterization (10pts max), Adherence to the Theme (10pts max), Grammar (5pts max), Pacing (5pts max), and overall Cohesion (20pts max).

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

Hmm... well, my fic is dubious on the rules... And judging won't put a fic that's supposed to be endless against a deadline, and you said you needed help...

Okay, I think I'll withdraw my fic to help judge!

3717477 aww thanks :twilightsmile:
ill message you in a sec with anything I might have forgotten

Am I a little late to apply for judging?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

3817741 Nah. We have contests every week, so adding a new judge shouldn't be a problem.

3817741 no, we're always looking for more people.
I'll pm you with more information

How do I get in? Unless, I already got in?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

3817778 It's mainly up to Terein. He runs the contests, I'm mainly the forum mod. But most likely you'll get in, it's not that hard to be honest.

3817778 you're in unless you back out

I would like to judge.

I want to judge I can judge!

That top is pretty, but it needs more pony! Try adding derpy or Lyra, it goes with the color. Also don't use camouflage pants like you did. Use black leggings instead!

3828670 wait what (about the camo pants?) I'm so confused
Also, we'll hopefully get a new banner sometime sorta soon, but its not a huge priority (also, do you still want to judge? I sent you a pm)

I would love to judge!

I would love to judge as well. :)

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

I might as well use this thread, since it does involve right what I need.

DaM and I are in search of one more judge, for the contest Animal Companionship.- If you would like to fill the opening, do please raise your hoof.

Give a small reason why.- and be sure you can follow the Judging Rule outlines on Stories.

Thank you all, Rare.

Oh, I wanna be a judge!! I'm very closely connected to animal related subjects, this'd the perfect job for me! :ajsmug:

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4331883 You would not be able to enter the Story Contest #20 if you wish to judge, is that alright with you?

Yes, as I have a bit of writer's wall anyways :applecry: writers wall is depressing

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4333053 That is a shame, but lovely you can join in as a judge.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30