Voting 21 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
MCA

As a lot of writefags enjoy listening to music when writing, I'm creating this thread so we can share what drives us when opening Notepad.

Starting with one of my hits, "Gloomy Sunday"

I usually go for the classical music when it is needed.

Though, I don't use it all the time.

Copypasting some of the playlists I use and post in the "stat" blogs I do that accompany stories. It is not fully up to date, as I currently have 37 playlists.

MLP 31 Playlist {Woody – Love Thy Luna (Kadenza Remix), Helping Twilight Win the Crown (MG Remix), Kadenza – The Edge, Static – Into The Stars, This Is Discord [Instrumental], Heartmender [Instrumental], Love Thy Luna – Woody [Instrumental], Jay Stansfield – The Ballad of the Crystal Empire, Heartland – Applejack's Theme, Dear Hearts and Gentle Ponies [Song Only Version], Nightmare Night 8-bit [Source video has been deleted]}

MLP 21 Playlist {My Love Is No Disguise, Your Face – Panic, Hearts as Strong as Horses (PonyFireStone Remix), Princess of the Sun, Helping Twilight Win the Crown (Aftermath Remix), Hearts as Strong as Horses (Eurobeat Strength Mix), Fluttershy (A Capella by Moon Shadow), Mother Changeling (feat. Amelia Bedelia and other changelings)}

MLP 20 Playlist {State of Magic, Ballad of the Crystal Empire (Artem Yegorov Orchestral Cover), Pinkie's Brew Ragtime (Always 8 Bit Cover), We'll Make It Through (A Beautiful Heart), Equestria Girls (Helping Twilight Win the Crown) (Wisp Remix), Gremlin – ParTAY (Flaedr's Whoop Party Mix), This Is Our Big Night – eXtaticus Eurobeat Remix, Dreaming Alone, Nightmare Night Instrumental Version (Yoka the Changeling Remix) [Available in video description]}

MLP 19 Playlist {A True True Friend (Orchestral Cover), Pinkie's Sugar Rush, Love Is In Bloom – Ponyphonic, Equestria Girls (Helping Twilight Win the Crown) (Aviators Remix), Descent, Those Wings, Honesty, A True, True Friend 8-Bit, BBBFF 8-Bit, Apples to the Core (Dikzy's Remix) [SPOILERS]}

MLP 18 Playlist {Again, Made Up Your Mind, (SPOILER) Get Up, Get Down Rock!, Iron Pony, Coloriot – Wonders, earth pony magic!! [sic], sunshine smile ^__^![sic] Cloudsdale, Winter Wrap Up (174USDI Remix)}

MLP 17 Playlist {Double Rainboom (End Credits Version) [download link in song's description], Friendship is Magic Orchestral Arrangement, Majesty Within, Super Ponybeat - Discord (Likonan's TCK Remix), The Mad King, Solstice, Raise This Barn (RainbowGate Mix), Gypsy Bard (174UDSI Remix), Luna's Night Rave, BBBFF Ska, Shy}

MLP 16 Playlist {Wonderbolt, The Lonely Night, Double Rainboom, Turkey In The Straw (DJ Xerx Remix) gasp a non-pony song!, Morning in Ponyville (Dazed Remix), Fun, To Build An Army, Wings of Strength, Life In Equestria (Extended) Orchestral Version, Love is in Bloom – Orchestral Remix, Gypsy Bard Orchestra Remix, Pinkie's Brew Orchestra Remix, Becoming Popular (Ragtime Remix)}

My foobar2K playlist has a total duration of five days and seven hours, so I'll have to go for outlines.
For a first, lots of midi files, mostly classical music and some vidya here and there. I know midi has bad fame, but it isn't bad with a good soundfont. I use Arachnid right now, and its pretty nice.
The second longest set would be the full discographies, are Gorilla's, Lindsey Starling's, and Yes' (This last one without the Lonely Heart remixes, tho), but that's standard I guess. There is also Argentinian rock (Even if you don'tunderstand Spanish you should check La Vela Puerca, their violin and piano work is excelent in Zafar), but I don't think I'll find anyone who really cares about that one here.
After that its a chaotic mix of things. Some Beltaine, Calle 13, mixed songs from the Beattles. El Plan de la Mariposa (This is another one with interesting instrumental part-- each member can play like five instruments, and often sing while playing one), some Arcangello Corelli, most of the music from Steven Universe, some Stratovarious, and Tenacious D, only to mention the ones I can remember right now.

5041279 Aaaaand you made me download quite a bit of extra music. You lovely cyclop abomination.

5039941 Tchaikovski (Or whatever, damned be those weird russian names), Edvard Grieg, and Arcangelo Corelli are some favorites of mine when it comes to classic. Arcangelo is baroque tho, so his music is rather dense for lack of a better term.

MCA

Precising a bit my playlist then.

I only have two, since NH is the only fic I'm writing. First one contains Maple Leaf Rag, Hello My Baby, original Arthur Collins version, a Germanified version of "House of the Rising Sun, The Fool, a few hours of epic music and the Hungarian Suicide song in the OP. Second one is a copy-paste of the first without the happy songs.

Basically to get me into a noir 1920 mood before writing. I really like these old songs for some reason.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5