Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Hey guys. I'm putting this up because I'm curious about something. As a Sunni Muslim, I'm aware of three holy sites: Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah, Masjid An-Nabawi in Madina, and Masjid Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem. I understand pilgrimages and prayer in those places has greater spiritual reward/benefit for Muslims than simply doing prayer at any time, but I'm curious about other holy places in other religions. I know Jerusalem is sacred for Muslims, Christians, and Jews, but I don't what differences are there.

This isn't trying to start a flame war or insult anyone. I'm just curious, and I appreciate any help. Thanks.

-W.S.

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints we see our temples as sacred ground, literally the houses of God. Our most sacred ordinances are performed there, along with our ordinances for the dead. We also hold that our homes can become just as sacred as the temples if our entire family is in harmony with the gospel.

We also hold two specific locations as sacred. First is the Sacred Grove, where Joseph Smith had the First Vision where he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. The second is the Hill Cumorah where the Golden Plates were buried, which were translated into the Book of Mormon.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2