RPG Makers of FIMFiction 51 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
sbloom85
Group Admin

Alright, so it's only been one day and I'm already in love with MV. The videos demoing the plugins was fantastic, but actually using them? It's so much easier than fiddling around with RGSS

So far, I'm digging Yanfly's Core Engine and Region Restrictions plugins, Shaz's Change Tilesize and More Character Frames plugins and Yami's word wrapping plugin.

Yanfly's Core Engine plugin allows the maker to override engine restrictions, such as game resolution, max level cap/HP/MP/money and is the base for his other plugins.

The region restriction lets the maker to allow or deny passage of actors and events based on what region number the tiles are set to. For example, you can set players to walk onto tiles with region number 1 and deny events passage on that same region, you can allow all on region 3, deny all on region 6 and so on. This was demonstrated by creating a hidden passable path that aren't typically passable.

Shaz's Change Tilesize plugin allows you to do exactly what it sounds like, change the tilesize from 48 pixels to whatever you want them to be.

The More Character Frames plugin also does exactly how it's described. Instead of limiting a character to 3 frames per direction, you can give characters more or fewer frames. For example, Urimas' MLP Online sprites have seven frames, including idle, per direction, while the original Final Fantasy has only two frames per direction and the file format is $Actor [D L R U], replace D L R U with the number of frames per direction.

Yami's word wrapping plugin does exactly what the title says as well. In previous installments of RPG Maker, you'd have to actually create a new line for text, otherwise it'd get cut off.

I'm going to be rewatching the RPG Maker Channel videos from the beginning so I can get a better understanding of how some of the other plugins work. As of today, Archeia is sick, so future installments are on hiatus until she recovers.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1