Hidden Depths 154 members · 357 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
NemoSpecific
Group Admin

Since a few folks other than myself have added stories to the group, I figured I'd read them and then discuss 'em here. You know, promote activity, try to explain the thesis of the group, that sort of thing.

So! Lunar Limbo.
The story is about Luna & Nightmare Moon shortly before their (her? singular vs plural... hrm) return from the moon. They chat, they fight, and things end poorly (as they must) so that the first episode can happen.

For the most part, the story doesn't really reveal anything new about the characters; Luna didn't really mean to be bad, and the Nightmare was a bad friend with her own agenda. What does tip it into hidden depths for me is only alluded to in the course of conversation: the implied history of the Nightmare.

Sometime in the past, Luna came across the Nightmare in the rain and helped it, presumably out of pity. What was the Nightmare doing there? Why did it need help? What sort of help?

The idea that the Nightmare's not just Luna's dark side, or a random evil spirit she summoned... that it didn't come into being, fully formed, in Luna's darkest hour but had been found in its own darkest hour... that's a hidden depth. One left sadly unexplored in the fic, but hinted at enough to make one wonder.

So, what do YOU think?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1