Faustian Orthodoxy 77 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

SPOILERS BELOW

From what I'm seeing in screenshots and summaries of the Dutch leaks, they went with all our "favorite" Bad Ending Fic tropes.

• Twilight becomes a Big Alicorn, everypony else gets old (and will eventually die)
  • Spike's a big anthro dragon
  • Celestia and Luna wandered off
  • Discord's still hanging around
  • The villains are locked in stone until they eventually somehow get out again
  • Twi will be stuck running Equestria all alone (with Spike as her assistant) for the foreseeable future, with no real friends, just as Celestia did for 1000 years

Yay?

Goodbye, Purple Smart. You were my favorite unicorn. I'll miss you. I'm sorry you don't get to be happy anymore.

Ah. I'm disappointed. I believed the people in Derpibooru saying that Grogar was Discord.
I also expected more for Twilight's friends and for Celestia (Luna was already fine, IMO) to do something outstanding, maybe going out on a sacrifice...

But this while thing with Twilight... Oof... If that is was they were going to do, it would've been better to let it end with Season 3.

But well... Finales are hard to write. Ask the GoT crowd.

Ask the GoT crowd.

Also me. This year seems determined to take a huge steaming dump on every franchise/series I cared about. SW, ST, WoT, you name it. :ajsleepy:

This is why I like fanfiction. They can be very cathartic, and I don't mean it in the fix-fic way, but in the sense that they allow for different interpretations, and for exploring ideas and concepts that the original creators couldn't, or wouldn't, explore.

Geez, and I thought the finale for Star vs the forces of Evil was bad

D48
D48 #6 · Aug 26th, 2019 · · 1 ·

Well, look on the bright side. This trainwreck is finally grinding to a halt, and we have an easy, 100% canon solution for all the stupidity.

Once Upon a Time
In the land of Equestr’a, some ponies taught me to smile
And I knew then we had a chance for our hearts to rise against
the discord that had become this world’s style.

But future seasons made me shiver
with every epi they’d deliver

Decisions from the high up
I felt like I would throw up

I can’t remember if I cried
When I watched an honest pony lie

But something hurt me deep inside

The day
The magic
Died

So bye-bye, unicorn my eye
Loved you Pinkie, ya’ got me thinking, but they wrote you as high
AJ and Dash drifted insanely brash
Asking: You think this is friendly, why?
You think this is friendship, why?

Is friendship another word for love, and do believe in all this stuff?
Or do you think it’s just a show?
Now do you believe in harmony? There’s more to life than entropy!
Didn’t you ever hear reap what you sow?

Well, I know you wanted to sell your toys
So you pushed the themes that attract boys
You wrote in all those memes
But you just came off as mean!

I was a lonely friendly writing dude
With a pink ‘fatuation and a hopeful ‘tude
But I knew it all was screwed

The day the magic died.

No self awareness at all. At least there was an outright fandom revolt when the leaks hit. This is a downer ending in disguise and next to no one will defend it.

2019 just wasn't a good year for series finales. But in MLP FiM's case, they had seven years to see that building it off of Magical Mystery Cure was never going to end well. It's one thing to run out of time to wrap things up in a satisfying manner. It's another thing entirely when you deep down, you know there's no way this is going to end well several years in advance.

7074926 So much that an actual bad ending involving a nuke going off is more loved than the finale.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9