Faustian Orthodoxy 77 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

You know what I mean. But link anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Chronicles-Princesses/dp/0316282243

IMO it's kind of disappointing in that it is by one of my favorite writers of the series but also doesn't kick any of my precious headcanons in the head too much.

You can never expect much of a coffee table book anyway.

Sharp Logic
Group Admin

Well, it kicks mine, as I have Celestia and Luna as goddesses. But then, S2+, of which this is part, tends to be disappointing most of the time, so no surprise there. :raritywink:

Here's Amazon's top review. It's detailed enough for me to decide not to purchase it, at least until the price drops considerably.

Just a coffee table book published by Little, Brown and written by Amy Keating Rogers, at least the material that is original, which is scant. Half of the text is stuff from the journal to Celestia by characters on the show, which you already saw anyway. The other half is semi-new content.

I think they missed a chance to use AKR as a genuine creative force here, but it is hard to expect much more of Hasbro than what they did here. Which is to produce an inoffensive and mostly harmless coffee table book.

Incidentally, I do too, but I can manage to basically ignore this book as semi-canon at best. And even live with the fact that they talk like Valley Girls. This was an excuse to slap some paper between pretty covers and sell it.

It's much less awful than I expected.

3354376 These books were available for purchase at the 2015 Crystal Fair. I was contemplating purchasing one. But after learning what was contained within the pages, I was glad I didn't.

5036194 The first book looks like the book Twilight was reading in the pilot, so it's nice to have that one as a prop, and I will admit it has some reference material such as the letters to the Princesses. But the Princesses' journals? In one book? No... That was hasbro freaking out because they finally realized Faust meant for them to be goddesses, and were trying desperately to downplay that fact.

If I may side-jack this topic, I bought the Daring Do book for the same reason of having a prop from the show. I haven't yet read it, but I am expecting more from this book than I was the reference. I have my reasons for why this is relevant, but I'll have to make a post about that later.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7