The Twidash Army 570 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 89 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 89
LightningBass94
Group Admin

I think there's a fellow Twidasher or two within the writers and animators of the show. They hide it well, but there are little tidbits that hint at Twidash! Let's find them all!

The two most obvious are of course the, "Oh Rainbow Dash, you can't hid your feelings from me," line and Rainbow Dash staring at Twilight's flank with a half-lidded gaze as she walked away in "Three's a Crowd."

Together, I believe we can snuff out the rest of them. :rainbowdetermined2::rainbowkiss:

3170838 While I didn't particularly care for the Rainbow Falls episode, I thought it had a brief moment of TwiDashness in it.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3170842 You know, I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. I can't remember the exact part though. :fluttershysad: I guess I'll be rewatching it to find out! :pinkiehappy:

Rarity Takes Manehatten had some Twidash.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3170885 You think? Where?

LightningBass94
Group Admin

Oh, season two! This face...and scene! :rainbowkiss: (Picture is by me)

3170887 Umm I can't remember when it happened but I'll post a screenshot when I get home from school.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3170895 Lol. Alright.

You knew this was coming:

~Twi

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3170915 Lol. Obvious ship tease is obvious. :derpytongue2:

I know I should feel bad for posting the obvious...

But I don't... I feel awesome :rainbowlaugh:
~Twi

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3170931 One of us always has to. Every forum needs a captain. :rainbowlaugh:

...not really sure if they're talking only about flying here...
~Twi

LightningBass94
Group Admin

Uh, maybe not quite that hard.

Referring to this line? :rainbowhuh:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3171049 That picture makes me cringe so hard... :raritydespair:

3170897 Here it is.

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

3171049 AAAHHHH OH GODDESS THAT... AAHHH

3170842 Surprisingly, I like that episode more for Twilight's words of wisdom;
"Choosing not to decide... isn't making a decision." I think that's how it went...

Anyway, I forget the episode, but the opening scene shows a train and it pans past Twilight and Rainbow. If you pause it and look as it quickly goes by them, the look on their faces... the best way I can describe it is Bedroom Eyes.

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

3170931 Oh yeah, Bassie...
Why is he not an admin? :rainbowhuh:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3171289 Oh yeah! I remember seeing that! :pinkiegasp::rainbowkiss::heart:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3173013 I didn't say anything about a season. :rainbowhuh:

Sorry thought you recalled what Ava was talking about…

Teach me to not pay attention.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3173051 Nope. My conversation, at that time, was with Aphex. :derpytongue2:

i am just going to sit over in the corner now...:facehoof:

3173632 Don't worry it happens to all of us every now and then.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3173632 Don't get sad! Get Glade! :trollestia:

Noble Thought Casts Life 3!

The Finale has a simple TwiDash moment in it. Easy to miss.

When Twilight is feeling morose about her role as a princess and the box and starts to go to the Sister's castle alone, Rainbow Dash is the first one to speak up.

Or maybe that's just me reading into it too much.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3276097 No, I mean it was clear as day. She even used the words, "Want some company?" :rainbowwild: Those be some code words, the oldest in the book.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3276097 As Ava put it:
:twilightsmile:: I'm just gonna go read...

:rainbowwild: Want some company?

:ajsmug: Hay, I'll come too!

:rainbowwild: *annoyed look follows*

:raritywink::yay::pinkiesmile: Count us in!

:rainbowwild: *annoyed look intensifies*

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3276124 Lol. We definitely have a fellow Twidasher, or team of them rather, on the writing squad. :rainbowwild:

3276097 I noticed that too.
:rainbowwild:

Hexy
Group Contributor

It's a time like this when you've got to wonder... wait, I didn't see that episode. DANG IT! SPOILERS!!!

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

A friend and I went on a pony binge a couple of days ago, but we still have seven more episodes to watch. :fluttershysad:
As for some of the writers and animators being Twidashers... :pinkiehappy: Yeah, there's no two ways about it. I wonder if they'll have the cojones to make it canon in the seasons to come, to have an arc exploring the development of feelings for your friends. I could see it... Twi falls for Rainbow, Rainbow takes her for granted, Twi gets distracted by and attracted to Pinkie's fun and supportive presence and eventually has to make a choice... It'd be nice, but I doubt it. It doesn't help that these are same-sex feelings we're talking about.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3276361 Only tiny spoilers. :raritywink:

3276833 Yeah, there's no way they'd represent homosexual couples in a kid's show. Not that openly, anyway. Conservative parents would riot, and their views would plummet. :trixieshiftleft: Stupid people with their stupid homophobia...

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Well, the show's been all about breaking gender roles and stereotypes. Maybe we'll get lucky three or four years down the road. :twilightsmile:

If one of the main six actually turns out to be gay, my money is on Applejack. I mean, yeah, Twidash is the name of the group, so I know that's what out hearts are set on, but please tell I'm not the only one who sees this:

And then:

Come on. If anyone was going to be Han Solo, it was Rainbow Dash. She flew off like he did before the Battle of Yavin. But AJ was the one who winked at Celestia...

Yeah, there's no way they'd represent homosexual couples in a kid's show.

Well, not in America, anyways.
HOWEVER, Japan had no problem with that in Sailor Moon.

~Twi

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3276993 True, and I have to say that was a terrible failure on the English dub.:rainbowlaugh: I'd go so far as to say crit fail! :twistnerd:

"Want to make a lesbian couple not lesbian? Dub them as cousins. No one will figure out that cousins don't hold their hands and show affection in that manner. Especially at that age."

"Sounds good to me!" :rainbowlaugh:
~Twi

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3277021 Americans: Oh look, an incestual lesbian couple! :facehoof::trollestia:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

That's probably because AJ's the one sassy enough to do it, haha. I think Twi, Pinkie and Rainbow are more likely to be candidates for canon homosexuality than the other three, but if it was AJ, her struggles with her family's backwoods sensibilities would make a great episode. Maybe it would even teach some parents a thing or two.

Everyone: UR DOING EET RRONG!
Some people: ...but still hawt. Do more. :rainbowlaugh:

~Twi

her struggles with her family's backwoods sensibilities

As someone who lives in the south, I know what you mean, but I don't think the Apples would have that big a deal with it. Granny Smith would probably say she's too old to care, Big Mac barely says anything at all, and Apple Bloom looks up to her too much. As long as she's still strong enough to buck and smart enough to keep the farm running smoothly I can't see them cutting her off or anything dramatic like that. And wasn't AJ the one to tell Twilight that her magic was part of who she was in Boast Busters? Why would the Apples care one bit about someone being different?

As for her being the one sassy enough to do it, :rainbowwild:. Come on, they were being heaped with praise after saving Equestria for the second time! That's the kind of moment Dash lives for!:rainbowlaugh:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Rainbow may be pretty sassy, but I don't see it in that situation. I think she'd behave herself out of respect for the Princess. I agree with you about the Apples; I think most of it would be discomfort mixed with acceptance on her family's part and the drama would stem from AJ's own insecurity. That happens a lot these days.

That happens a lot these days

Sadly so. I honestly see Equestria as more socially accepting of gender, and sexuality, though. Or at least that's where my headcanon lies. I'm more interested in exploring the personal conflicts than the social ones anyway.

But there must still be some, so I'm choosing to focus on cultural and class differences in my stories going forward. I think they're more interesting to explore. I've had enough of the others in my life.

Just going to put this from Three's a crowed there's no way they didn't know .

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 89