Scribble's Archives 168 members · 1,640 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Finders Keepers
Group Admin

This thread is being tossed up so I can get feedback on the organization system and so on.

That and so I can ask this question: Should I keep the folders organized by FiM tags or should I branch out to genres with a few specfic FiM tags left intact?

What 'universes', like Leroverse or Nyxverse, do you guys want to see go up? If the story series is good enough I'll toss it into its own folder so long as it as 2-3+ stories. Though I've taken to placing 'verse folders into the right parent folders so people can stumble on them when they are looking through genres.

Finders Keepers
Group Admin

Okay, rules for myself and Wayward.

1. Stories go into all appropriate folders, such as those with multiple tags going into multiple folders. Anyone can do so, but I'm obsessive so do not be surprised if I read it and reorganize it in a cleaning fit.

2. New folders must have a theme/genre and already have at least ten applicants to fill it up. As to prevent a huge abundance of one story folders.

NTS: When free go through existing folders and add new entries to others. Skim through current stories for other possible folder additions; Sci-fi, clop etc. Find links for story specific/too large a universe to add to this group groups, such as Fallout: Equestria. Link either in forum or in desc. of correct folder. Large scale universes with <20 stories, consider making their own folder. Looking at you Shadowverse.

'Verses
lunaverse, haven't found the original for some reason
winningverse gathering them.
Fallout: equestria Just gonna consider a link, it's now a resident of Dark Times
CW Verse, interesting and tossed them up. Gave it a home in the Romance parent folder.
Nyxverse, found enough to make it an official folder!
Leroverse, also found enough to make it an official folder!

:rainbowhuh: TL;DR - Rules/notes to self in a place I can access anywhere.

Comment posted by Finders Keepers deleted Jun 18th, 2015

For the Romance section, you might want to add a folder for pairings with OCs. Also, the background ponies folder should probably just be 'Background/Other Characters', in case any pairings such as xGilda or xIronwill get around to making their way into the collection.

Otherwise, you might want to make a few folders for some of the traditional genres, such as Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I vote for something along the lines of Swords and Sorcery as the fantasy genre folder name. As for these folders, I'm just going to guess that there's not enough stories to warrant making them yet?

Finders Keepers
Group Admin

I was able to easily throw up a Sci-Fi folder, For Science! But I can't really think of how to define the Fantasy here. Are we talking traditional swords and adventure or Dark Ages? Either/or there isn't enough to warrant a folder off the top of my head.

I'd like to recommend a 'verse folder for GaPJaxie's Deep Cover stories. The ones about an alternate universe where FIM: MLP is a TV Show in the Equestrian world? I'm not sure if there are enough of them, I know there are at least three, but it'd be good to round them up so they're together. Also, what would you say to a philosophical folder? Some fanfics are pretty thought provoking. Let's Just Say by Obselescence and one of the Discord ones where he keeps changing the world while Fluttershy tries to convince him she's not part of his imagination for instance would be two real good candidates for that folder. Not sure what to call it though...

I also think there should just be a general 'verse folder to keep all the 'verses together. If someone wants a happy story and one of the 'verse stories fit, its cross-referenced, it'll be in both the 'verse folder and the happy folder. Keeping all the 'verses together seems more organized to me.

Finders Keepers
Group Admin

The 'verse folder idea is solid. It would be useful for people wanting to find stories within a certain universe. More so I could also pile the series types into there. So I added the folder and scoped out about three more universes to toss into the thing.

There should probably be a crossover folder. Do you think there is enough crossover stories to do so?

I recently put in a bunch of submissions for the archive. If you need help sorting through them and/or do not want to read a particular story let me know. Most of them I've read and I can sort them for you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10