The Trotting Dead 38 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 1538 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,538
Reganthestrange
Group Admin

A few years after Princess Twilights coronation,a strange disease broke out made the dead come back to life. They started to feast on the living and many ponies had to evacuate their towns and cities. Twilight and her friends have been summoned by Princess Celestia.

(The story will be a bit different from the show because I have another plan on how the infection came to be that I think will make the RP a bit more interesting and fun.)

although for this RP to make sure we don't slow the site once we have hit 1000 messages we will create a new forum and continue from there.

Feel free to join this RP, here is who you may be...
your OC
Luna
Discord
Twilight sparkle
Fluttershy
Pinkie pie
Rainbow dash
Applejack
Rarity

I shall take on the role of Celestia and know that if you are going to be Luna or Discord that the infection affects Luna,Discord and Celestias magic and makes it weaker.

At the most I suppose we should have 10 people (I doubt we will get that much)

I will allow you to swear and do clop in this RP if you want to.

Comment posted by Emerald Shield deleted Mar 30th, 2014

3160144 well I don't have a OC (I've been working on one but at the moment their is nothing But a name) so I would like to have Twilight Sparkle, but I'm not sure I can do her justice as a character, so I'm thinking I could make a good Rainbow Dash (ironic I know):rainbowkiss:

But I'll leave the decision on who I will play to you, if you don't that is.:twilightsmile:

Ok that make 3 of us.:yay:
How many people were you looking for to start this?

3160418 sounds interesting, a Canterlot elite could really add to the story.

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3160392 you may be whoever you want :pinkiehappy:

For the RP to start we at least need a twilight sparkle.

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3160491 it's ok, I only started the RP today, we should hopefully get another person.

Comment posted by Emerald Shield deleted Mar 30th, 2014

3160503 are OC's with super powers allowed?:twilightblush:

3160458 Oh sorry I didn't make myself clear,:facehoof: when I said elite I meant the class of society he is in, not his personality.

3160484 Well I would like to try to be Twilight, if I may please.:twilightsmile:
and if I cant work her character I could let someone else take over.

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3160830 it depends what type of super powers.

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3160900 ok, you can try be Twilight. We can start tomorrow.

Comment posted by Emerald Shield deleted Mar 31st, 2014

3161029 it's probably best if I don't join this roleplay, the difference in time is to great:twilightangry2:
So sorry:applecry:

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3162341 why? Where do you live? Because I have RP with people from America,India,Italy and France before :D

Huh...new RP.....Mind if i play my Ex-Military OC?

3162763 I live in holland, so in my opinion the time difference is to great, plus, I don't know how RP works

3162886 Their is only a 1 hour difference between the UK and Holland.

This will be my first time role playing as a character also, worse still I don't know anything about the walking dead so I'm going to be just making it up as I go along.

Your welcome to join in if you want too, and I'll look forward to us not dying in some horrible way.

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3162886 their is only 1 hor difference, I have RP with people that have a six hour difference.:twilightsmile:

It's ok, you always need a time to start.:rainbowkiss:

3163045 hmm, thanks.

Okay, f*ck it! I'm in!:derpytongue2:

Prepare for awesome OC!

Name: Overkill

Bio: Overkill is the half pony half demon son of the demon lord Ragnarok, at age seven his demon powers appeared, but at a horrible cost. When his powers of Shifting surfaced, (Shifting is the ability that allows Overkill to reshape his body into various forms and tools, sorta like the powers Alex mercer has in the prototype game) he, his father and mother where on a trip from Tartarus to Equestria, halfway through the trip his powers first surfaced, they where to much for the young Overkill to handle and he lost control, going on an unstoppable rampage. His father and mother tried to stop him, but, it was futile. Overkill killed his mother as she tried to calm him, after that he regained control of himself but, after seeing what he did to his own mother he ran away, as guilt, rage and depression clawed at the back of Overkill's mind. Which earned him the nickname; The Demon of Madness.
He is currently twenty-five years old and he mastered his abilities, he hasn't seen Ragnarok since that fateful day.

So, what do you think? To dark? Probably!:facehoof:

I do have to go to school though, so I might not always answer right away:twilightsheepish:

If we get enough people in here I might lend out some OC's, I have four other ones minus, of course, Emerald Shield himself, but he's an Alicorn so that probably isn't allowed

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3163197 awesome OC!

That's fine, I have to go to school as well :pinkiehappy:

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

Ok let's just see I have this right
I am Princess Celestia

3160418 you are your OC masquerade

3163045 your Twilight Sparkle

3163180 you are your OC overkill

3162774 ok,please send your character sheet.:twilightsmile:

3163066 Well if you want to setup a meet up and finish time and we will go from there, I'm guessing some time around 6 - 8 (7 - 9 for Emerald Shield)

3163180 yeah you OC is awesome but maybe just a little over powered, perhaps like the Princesses the event that coursed the outbreak could mess with your powers, (but since this is not my RP I'll leave that decision to you and Regan the strange)

3163237 hmm, okay how about this, because of the virus, any full transformation would drain his powers for a couple hours, how about that?

Name: Jet Wash

Race: Pegasus

Small Bio: Jet Wash Is in every instance a speed junkie. Pushing himself to the limit in and out of flight. His love for speed came to the fore at the age of ten when he was just a foal, after this his love for speed and adrenaline kept increasing through his foalhood years until one day he joined the Wonder Bolts Reserve Squadron after spending time in the R.E.A.F until a fateful accident which Wash was wrongly blamed for had him RTU'd from the entire air force.

Apperence: White hair with a few strands of sky blue, A light sunburst coat with deep blue eyes.

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

Tell you what guys, I'm just gonna get rid of the whole weakened powers thing. It's too confusing.

Pretty much I shall start off now and then we just reply whenever we can, I am mainly on though at 6pm Ireland time and on weekends I'm on the whole day.
The plan is that it will start with me and Twilight and then you guys can join yourselves In whenever you want. So you can make yourself turn up at the castle, or you can make us find you when we are traveling. Why we will be traveling..well I don't want to spoil anything :rainbowkiss:
I'm just telling you that I have a different plan for how the infection came to be,as I said on my first post I think it shall make the RP more interesting.:pinkiehappy:

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3160936 (I'll start)
Princess Celestia paced up and down the grand hall, she was waiting for her student Twilight Sparkle to arrive. A terrible virus had broke out and made the dead rise. They ruthlessly killed the living and most ponies had been evacuated to safe camps. They would be fine there...for now.

Twilight Sparkle canters into the throne room, her mane and tail are both in a tangled mess, she has black patches under her eyes and her skin is a little paler due to stress and the lack of sleep. Princess I can report, that the guards have finished evacuating the ponies from the nearest towns, and work to barricade Canterlot is on schedule for our estimate.

But their is still so much that needs to be done, and we know so little about why ponies are changing, and how this all started.

Comment posted by Reganthestrange deleted Mar 31st, 2014
Comment posted by Reganthestrange deleted Mar 31st, 2014
Comment posted by Rainbow_Dash82 deleted Mar 31st, 2014
Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3163269 3163662 (never mind that last post, I have decided to go with the original way walkers came to be, sorry I just decided I actually didn't like my plan :twilightblush:)

Celestia looked at Twilight, "I'm afraid I don't know either. And now that we don't have the elements of harmony to protect is who knows what will happen."

Celestia started to pace up and down the hall again, "my sister can't help us, for she has had to go over to the west to help them, they are having the same problem."

I look peek around the corner seeing a few trotters "Bucks sake......Bastard Evac had to leave me behind"

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

Celestia stopped pacing and looked out the window, "I have a feeling, that if anypony has something to do with this it would be Chrysalis. We don't have any other enemies at the moment."

Standing at the bottom of the thrones steps, Twilight watches Celestia's pace before replying

Okay so Luna and the Lunaguard have started on the evacuations of Yanhoover and Las Pegasus.

Have you heard anything from the guards sent to help Manehattan, Filly Delphia and Baltimare? And now that the local towns have been evacuated, I think we should send the spare Guards to provide more help in these towns.

I wish i was still in the R.E.A.F...Bloody hell what am i going to do...they need to know im here or im dead meat.

Backing back round the corner i look behind me to see a lone trotter has blocked my exit path, my eyes widening i back gently out into the street as quietly as i can.

3165298 Princess you can count on me and the elements to track down where the Changelings have fled to. I can start organising at once if need be.

As i am backing away my back hoof brushes a dead soldier containment pony. "Oh fuck me dont wake up." I hiss gently flinching slightly "Well.....Your dead...for sure....Lets hope you have a radio or something."

Reganthestrange
Group Admin

3165421 Celestia lead Twilight to a table at the end of the hall, on the table was a map with 6 camps listed on it.
Celestia pointed to camp three, "your friends have been sent to this camp, so we shall need to travel there to get them. Sadly Twilight there is no transport available so we will have to walk there."

at the base of the other side of the mountain

"Mount Canterlot, haven't been here in along time... Celestia should be on the other side" a couple of groan's could then be heard behind Overkill. "Hmm, more trotters, what a shame" A sadistic grin then spread across his muzzle. "Cause I'm gonna have to re-kill them all!" He yelled as he lifted himself to his hind legs and Shifted his lower-front legs into sharp blades. "Whose first!" Overkill yelled as he charged towards the nearest zombie.

about ten seconds later

"Only four? Really?... Luckily it wasn't a big wave, I should continue" and with that the Demon of Madness continued his journey to Canterlot.

Looking around me, more trotters appearing i grab the radio on his belt and back away slowly before galloping away as fast as i can. Skidding round a corner i catch my breath "Hope this thing works..." I key the PTT button "Hello? Is anypony there this is Ex-Second Lieutenant Jet Wash of the R.E.A.F. Can any pony hear me iv been stranded in pegalopolis. Can anypony hear me?"

3165686 "huh? What was that?" Overkill says as he looks around him. He then spots a military looking pony lying against the mountain wall. He walks over and unceremoniously picks up a radio from the dead guy's belt.

"Hello? This is Overkill at the base of the mountain"

"Overkill. This is Jet Wash. Are you near any military instillation? Or heck any civilian instilation?"

3165732 "nope, I'm at the base of the mountain making my way up to Canterlot"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,538