Zippoorwhill 120 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
Cryosite
Group Admin

Post cute pictures of Zippoorwhill here.

Meta-conversation space for discussing the group, it's decorations, how much I suckrock as an admin/owner, folder strategy, and so on.

Comment posted by Zaphod deleted Feb 18th, 2014
Comment posted by Elric of Melnipony deleted Feb 18th, 2014
Comment posted by arcum42 deleted Feb 18th, 2014
Comment posted by SweetAI Belle deleted Feb 18th, 2014
Comment posted by Elric of Melnipony deleted Feb 18th, 2014
Comment posted by Cryosite deleted Feb 18th, 2014
Comment posted by arcum42 deleted Feb 18th, 2014

We really need a banner of some sort. Not totally sure of this at the moment, so I'll post the pieces as well, in case someone else, like Elric, can come up with something better.

--arcum42
Edit: Note that Zipporwhill with a transparent background stall has occasional debris in the background I didn't notice until later, so you may want to go over it with an eraser if anyone uses that. It's close to the color of the banner, or I'd have noticed earlier.

Cryosite
Group Admin

You rock.

I remain open to nominations for both the banner and the icon though if anyone has anything they feel is better.

Thanks. I wanted to make sure I included just the image of Zipporwhill, too, because that wasn't something I downloaded. I took a screenshot, and erased everything but her from it, then scaled it appropriately. I figure if someone does have a better idea for a background, that gives them a good starting point.

The font is Chopin Script, in case anyone wants to play with the text:

--arcum42

I think the group icon is fine as it is! :twilightsmile:

The font really isn't working for me. I'll download the base, maybe play with it a little later today.

Yeah, that's one reason why I posted it in pieces like that. I know you're better at finding good fonts for these things then me. And I was having trouble finding an appropriately fairy-like font for it.

--arcum42

Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking a more playful font for her name, and then something swirly underneath for "Fairy Queen of the Fillies" or something like that. :trollestia:

It doesn't fill as much vertical space as I want it to, but I think there's some potential here.

2888385 Twelve letters (assuming that is the correct spelling, I've seen variants). Four groups of three?

That would break up the syllables, though...
Edit: I'm fairly certain this is the spelling that was confirmed by the episode's writer on Twitter.

In the episode credits, it was Zipporwhill. (Not able to doublecheck right now, but I remember confirming the spelling last night.)

--arcum42

2888834 - not that the credits are necessarily canonical. They can't even get the VA names right sometimes!

Apologies, fearless leader -- this thread seems to have been side-tracked to discussion of her name, banner possibilities, and more. May I suggest renaming this thread and starting a new, image-only thread?

Yeah, what 2888942 said.

Another test:

2889062 I like AKR's spelling better :)

Cryosite
Group Admin

Thread repurposed. I transferred the images to the new thread, and deleted the posts in this thread that don't deal with the group's details and decorations. I also deleted a few of the posts that were idle chatter about the images that no longer make sense with their context gone. Hopefully this doesn't ruffle anyones' feathers too badly.

I also prefer Zippoorwhill as a spelling regardless if what it says in the credits.

That works. And I have a banner design that I'm happy enough with to submit as a suggestion -- assuming you and the other folks in the thread like it:

That goofy bit about her being the Fairy Queen will show up just to the right of the group icon.

Cryosite
Group Admin

The pawprint font is cute. It fits her really well. I don't like it for some reason though. If the rest of you like it though, I'll put it up. I don't feel strongly about it.

Perhaps try some different background colors?

Sure. I was building on Arcum's base, but there's room for experimentation.

Cryosite
Group Admin

I do like that better than the plain background.

Any way to work the "Fairy Queen of Fillies" back in without looking weird overlapping the tree trunk?

I can always move it over to the right side of the image, past Zip herself...

Cryosite
Group Admin

I'm starting to feel like I'm micromanaging. :/

I'm just tryin' to please, that's all... :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24