William Shakespony 70 members · 32 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Rubyfire377
Group Admin

I am thinking about writing a fanfic for my second favorite play Macbeth but I am running into a problem here who would be the perfect Macbeth for me personal, I am thinking King Sombra or Blueblood would be the perfect Macbeth but do you guys got other characters that would be the perfect Macbeth or should I stick with Sombra or Blueblood?

2828263 Shining Armor would also work, especially if you set it in an AU where he unknowingly married Chrysalis.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

2828556 That would work and I could see that happening but who would be Sombra or Blueblood's wife just asking?

DisneyFanatic23
Group Admin

The thing with Macbeth is that he starts out as a hero and then because of superstition, and the influence of his wife, he becomes power mad. That's a very complex character to cast. I suppose you could use King Sombra. He could just start out a regular unicorn and with the more crimes he commits, he becomes that evil tyrant we see in the Crystal Empire. You could have Celestia as Duncan (the King).
Hmm...Lady Macbeth would be hard...you could be creative and have Chrysalis either in her Cadence disguise or some random mare.
Have Applejack or Rainbow Dash as Banquo (I think I spelled that right), because he is a loyal and honest character that does not stoop to Macbeth's level. Maybe have one or the other be Macduff too, because he fights for Scotland and also seeks revenge. Actually, that sounds more like Rainbow Dash.
Just some thoughts.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

2829004 Rakaziel did say I should use Shining Armor and that sounds like a great idea because he is a great hero and Chrysalis could be the wife and my thought Banquo could be Flash Sentry, While Macduff could be Twilight Sparkle, but this I need to have more thought on this ( I guess maybe I am not going to use Blueblood as Macbeth). because your right Macbeth is very complex and very dark story but would Chrysalis commit suicide because it just OOC for her.

DisneyFanatic23
Group Admin

Well, she goes crazy anyway.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

2829281 Your right about her going crazy but I still need to put more thought on this about the other characters Like Fleance and Lady Macduff I need a good cast like how you did 12th Night which you and you have a perfect cast for that.

2828679 I would pair Sombra with Trixie and Blueblood with Fleur de Lys. Or Sunset Shimmer, she works for both.

DisneyFanatic23
Group Admin

2829744 Totally blanked on Sunset Shimmer! Yeah, I can see her (ahem) seducing Sombra.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

2829744 I really don't know about Sunset Shimmer too I was not a fan of Eqestria Girls simply because when I watch MLP I what to be in a different world not my own world with a high school setting, pause they made my favorite character Spike into a dog, I mean why in the wide, wide, world would they do that.

2829194 I see several ways the character combinations could work:
With Sombra as Macbeth, and as the setting the Old Chrystal Empire, you could either take Chrysalis or an OC as his wife. Chrysalis could be more interesting, maybe she was genuinely in love with Sombra, and did attempt suicide back then. It just did not work. Cut forward to a thousand years later, and with Celestia as the Danish King, Chryssis invasion turns into a revenge story. For the other roles I would suggest G1 ponies, maybe Firefly as Macduff and G1 Applejack as Banquo, or simply OCs.

Shining Armor and Chrysalis would actually work better with Sombra and Chrysalis as a backstory, history and defeat repeating itself and Chrysalis coming to the conclusion that she should have died one thousand years ago, her grief not only about the taken lives but also about the second chance she wasted, and the knowledge that Celestia will not give her a third one.
Or Chrysalis lets Cadance out of her prison, just to show her the dead or dying Shining Armor, tells him all the things he did (Shining Armor, too far gone to consciously notice there are two Cadences, only nods at the accusations), and the real Cadance gives in to despair and commits suicide. With the corpse in place, Chrysalis makes a clean getway - or is hunted down by Celestia in the epilogue.

Sombra and Trixie would also make for some interesting origin stories.
For example what turns Trixie into Lady Macbeth - is it neurological changes caused by the Alicorn Amulet, Sombra's tutelage, or just Trixie herself?
And what about Sombra - does he genuinely seek to change, at least for a while, is he amnesiac, the memories of his past only coming back as he commits ill deeds, or is he back to his old evil self from day one?
Or also just Sombra's reemergence - does he regenerate on his own, does Trixie revive him, or is his rebirth the result of Trixie 'using' Sombra's horn and getting pregnant.?

SunsetSombra would have an interesting mind control angle. Who controls whom?

Blueblood is the easiest character. While he starts out as a jerk, he considers himself heroic at the time. His is not so much a corruption of a heroic character but a dawning realization of who he truly he is, and to what depths he will stoop. Flueur de Lys has the advantage that she is neutral, so you can her write her straight as Lady Macbeth, and also Sunset Shimmer would work better in an AU where Equestria Girls never happened.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

Wow that's a lot dude and I thank you for all this story possibles you must be a great fan of Macbeth.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12