Blunt Reviews Group 467 members · 171 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Abramus5250
Group Admin

Syeekoh is an apparent regular submitter to this group, of which I must say I’m rather flattered by such trust. We’re the Blunt Reviews Group: not the Pleasant Commentator or the Rage Reviews groups. We’re somewhere inbetween, though occasionally we take on certain aspects of our affiliated groups.

That being said, this story…

:rainbowhuh::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::rainbowhuh:

Jesus Christ on a Ritz cracker, what in the hell did I just read? This was like watching a pony version of Tommy Wiseau’s The Room: you vaguely understand what is going on, but in the end, you can’t really remember anything but the over-the-top weird or disturbing parts. And there are plenty of those in this short story, just like in The Room, only this one has better acting than that skid mark of a movie.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying this is a terrible story, or even a rather bad one: it’s just… there, on this site, for everyone to see. Sort of like a tree in a forest: you don’t really notice it until you bump into it, but this tree is covered in thorns of confusions and dripping with sap of… something to do with depression, maybe? I don’t know, I don’t feel like trying to give a blow-by-blow of the story’s entirety is worth a try: you’ll just have to read it to see what I mean.

What else can I say about this story? Oh yeah, it is bizarre: truly bizarre. There are several fetishes in this that are so out there, they are not just out in left field, they are out of the flippin’ ballpark. Also, the actions these fetishes perpetrate and are used in? I’m not sure anything is meant to work that way.

Logic is also thrown out the window at points: how can a horn be regenerated by a really gifted unicorn if said unicorn’s horn is removed? What the hell do these guys do on other days of the week?

Was this meant to be a dark story? It should have that tag, even though the comedy is really what I noticed. It’s not blatant or possibly even sought-after: the comedy almost seems unintentional, even with the tag there. Someone else could have written this in an entirely serious manner and I’d have still likely found it as disturbingly funny as it was.

All in all… I’m not sure if giving this story a rating is possible, and even this review seems a bit Herculean in trying to make sense of it. You know what, I’ll call it a chaotic mess of things I don’t even want to try and understand that has been somehow formatted into an actually cohesive narrative (unlike The Room).

Majin Syeekoh

Thank you for your blunt review of this story and apparently praising my narrative skills. I trust blunt reviews because you give blunt reviews.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2