The New Lunar Republic Ground Forces 179 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 55 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 55
IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

Unfortunately, we've had another incident and need SAR support. This time, we had a pilot go up on an unauthorized mission to attack a large Legion airbase, based on information from our former C.O., Nexus. Another pilot went up to retrieve him, but that pilot was shot down. Of course, we need to improve our discipline as a group, but the more important matter is that Airacobra is down in an unfriendly jungle and needs to be recovered. Col. Striker has requested helis, can you help us out?

"This is the mission that we've been handed in a nutshell. We are to drop troops into the middle of a dense, unexplored jungle and search for another downed pilot. They're not too good at keeping their planes in the air, are they?" I pause and chuckle slightly to myself before continuing, "We've got two UH-60 Black Hawks to send help in. So, who's mounting up and coming with me?"

Night Striker
Group Admin

"What kind of stupid ass question is that?"
*Turns raising an eyebrow*

2839156 *Metal Storm jumps with horror at this*
"My cousin's out there!" *He gets up*
"I volunteer to lead the group!"

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"C'mon, General, I'm trying to be a team player here, instead of saying 'I know exactly who's going on this mission,' ya know?"

"Alright, you can lead the group that goes out in the second Black Hawk, because I'm leading the first group."

2839308 "Thank you sir. Also, I want to know the name of that jackass pony who put my cousin in danger so I can personally kick his ass when I get back!"

2839262 Storm Cloud: "Keep an eye out for Commander Nexus. There's an abandoned airfield near where Aircobra went down and it's in the same direction that he went AWAL with his Mustang. If you find him, bring him back alive for questioning."

2839342 "Will do. We need to hurry though, the SE placed a 750,000 bit bounty on Airacobra's head when he defected. After all, he does have some planes for two top secret weapons the SE is working on."

Night Striker
Group Admin

(DAMNIT NEXUS! WHY YOU RUN FROM A SHADOWBOLT!)

Night Striker
Group Admin

(IK. Just.... Well... Your fucked.)

*Walks into the briefing room and sits against the wall listening*

Night Striker
Group Admin

"Jets or no jets?"
*Crosses my hooves*
"And armored suit?"

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"We're going in with just ourselves and our personal firearms this time. Eventually, though, we'll have some new technology to play around with, so that aught to be fun."

"Roger that, we'll keep an eye out."

"I'm sure some of the boys in the Air Force know who it was, so you should probably ask them."

Night Striker
Group Admin

"Lovely."
*Sighs slumping back*

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"What? It's not like we're going into the middle of a heated firefight. It's just a Search and Rescue mission, how difficult could it be?"

Night Striker
Group Admin

"DONT EVER SAY THAT!"
*Facehoofs*
"Life always fucks you over!"

2839712 "Requesting permission to swat him on the head sir"

2839342 ((AWOL. Absent With-Out Leave.))

When I enter the briefing room, chewing on a particularly tasty chocolate bar, I hear a part that I don't particularly like, "Ugh, a Crash-Hawk? Jeez, I'd rather ride in an Mi-24," I groan with dismay.((Black Hawks are notorious in the USAF and USMC for crashing, if case the nickname was any indication.)) "Still, I'm on board. No man left behind, that's my philosophy. Well, one of them. My main philosophy is 'If you can't kill it with kindness, kill it with fire. If that don't work, drop a nuke on its ass."

Black Hawks are notorious in the USAF and USMC for crashing, if case the nickname was any indication

(Where did you hear that from? Black Hawks are famous for their survivability. Even if the chopper does crash, it's not uncommon for the crew to escape with only minor injuries. Also, the USMC doesn't use the Blackhawk. They use a variant of the Huey called the Venom.)

2839727 "You do realize the Hind is extremely slow and has a notorious reputation for accidentally chopping off it's own tail rotor. I'd rather face one in combat than ride in one."

2839570 "You know, if I weren't me, I'd feel kind of bad an NLRAF pilot put you guys in this position. I don't, of course, but just for grins, is there any kind of air support you could use from my end?"

2839752 ((It's an inside joke. We fairies make fun of it because of the story Black Hawk Down, and because it's the main troop transport helo of the US military, plus there are some Marine companies with Crash Hawks.))

2839779 "Please, I've been in an Mi-24 that's been fast enough to rival an UH1H-Huey, and their primary rotors aren't long enough to slice their tails. I'll take the 'tack chopper any day." ((Also, Mi-24's are pretty fast for their weight. I've only seen a couple of variant prototypes chop their tail rotors, and that was because they were trying to get more speed and altitude out of the helo.))

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

(Or they use the V-22 Osprey! :scootangel: )

"If you could keep some pilots on stand-by in case we need support, that'd be great."

"You've been fairly quiet, Sergeant. Got anything to add?"

2839712, 2839726
"Calm down, guys! I was only joking. Anyways, everypony get ready. We'll mount up and roll out at 1900 hours."

(I'm gonna go get some sleep. We can continue tomorrow, if you want... :fluttershysad: )

2839727, 2839416

2839892 "Will do, at least as far as Cloud will allow. If you can't guess, he's kinda pissed at losing another pilot so soon after Nexus and I got shot down."

there are some Marine companies with Crash Hawks

(in all my research, the only marine battalions which have the Blackhawk are an elite unit of the US Marines who are tasked with protecting the President and other various US government officials or marine units which are attached to the US Navy . The US marines use the Venom).

2840047 ((They are exactly who I'm talking about. Congratulations! You win a cheesecake!))

I keep my eyes on the ground, "Opposition?"

2841843 Storm Cloud: "Unknown. This is our turf so it's likely that there's no ground opposition there. Just keep an eye out for Nexus. I still don't know if he's on our side or not. I want him back here alive."

(Sorry i wont be available enough for the panthers open up my space to another. Im a big walking mass of fucking procrastination right now.)

Nods slightly. "Will do."

2839892 (Hey, FYI this whole situation's kinda been taken over by the NLRAF ponies involved, in a separate thread in our group. Here's the thread link.)

2839892 (In fact, we're even interrogating the pilot right now! You could just call this whole thing off right now if you want, get on to more original missions. Your call, but if you go on, just be sure you get Airacobra back in one piece, or else the fabric of spacetime will fall in on itself.)

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

2853903, 2855053
(Okay, so let me get this straight. I'm gone for a day, and this thread immediately gets taken over. Let me ask you this: Why did the NLRAF even ask for our help if they're pretty much just going to take over the mission anyway?)

2859498 (We had that separate thread involving the first rogue pilot (TachyonicBow) and our ambiguous-loyalty former C.O. (Lunaris Solaris Nexus), and our downed pilot (Wolf-Baron) decided to show up at the abandoned airbase where they were meeting, and now they're all part of Nexus' conspiracy. Then Nexus wrote in the rescue team's helicopter approaching, which is ironic b/c he's the one who told me to contact the Army. I think it was a stupid decision too, but I also got the impression you guys didn't like doing almost exactly the same mission as your last one. I don't know why he told me to contact you if he was just going to write in the helis, but my guess would be after he told me, he decided his top priority was moving his own thread along and he didn't want to wait for the Army.)

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

(That makes more sense. That brings up another point though. Nexus apparently sees the Ground Forces as his personal clean-up crew. Whenever a pilot goes down, we have to go get them, which makes sense because we're practically obliged to do it anyway. What annoyed me was when he made a move on the enemy base, he called us in to take out the stragglers. I'm deciding right now that we will no longer take on any mission he sets us on, unless it directly relates to whatever we're doing at the time. If you want a break from the Air Force, I'll be starting us on our own "quest line", and you're welcome to join us. (You can give him this message if you want, but it's not necessary.))

2861769 (To be fair, you haven't ever asked him for Air Force help on a mission before, and the attack on the base was supposed to be in support of the Army, you guys just never roleplayed it as we expected.)

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

(Actually, it was stated that the Army was to come in AFTERWARDS and CLEAN UP the stragglers. I'll even quote it if you want me to. This means, though, that it was the Army supporting the Air Force, not the other way around.)

2861930 (I agree(this was a totally logical and realistic decision), that's not my point however, It was role-played as the army asking for assistance to soften it up, allowing you guys to move in and control the territory. You just never went through with it.

2861769 (Understood, and I'm with you entirely. Let me know if you ever need air support on one of your missions. Believe me, I've been itching to jump in the cockpit of an A10 since I joined the NLRAF. But I think we ought to just establish a straight policy that in any shootdown situation, we'll just jump to the result, be it safe return, capture, whatever, without requiring an Army RP thread to make it happen. Based on our current track record, we're not going to have a mission without somepony being shot down, and there's no need to get you guys involved in doing the same thing a hundred times over. And from here on out, any straggler-cleanup will be done with a Warthog piloted by yours truly.)

(On an unrelated note, but while I've got you, could we move ahead with The Ultimate Threat?)

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

(I agree, we shouldn't have to do the same thing a hundred times over. Also, you must REALLY be itching to jump in an A-10. Completely reasonable, given how AWESOMELY EPIC they are. As for The Ultimate Threat, I'll get right on it.)

(We didn't go through with it because I had a family emergency and couldn't make time to get on here. I'm sorry if I sound bitter, I'm just saying that no one waited for us to go through with it.)

2866365 (I completely understand your point of view, and I hope that your family is okay. I agree that you shouldn't be forced to have a CSAR mission so soon after the last one, but I think that you guys need to be more proactive in this campaign, perhaps we need a combined operation on a single thread? I would be happy to set that up with an alternate OC, since my main one has gone rogue.)

2868282 (What we both need to do is coordinate better in any situation where we're expecting the other to get involved. Not every Army mission necessarily involves the Air Force, and vice-versa, but when they do, someone with the Army needs to inform the Air Force what they need them to do (and vice-versa). But who I really feel sorry for is the Navy: at least we both know we're doing things. They may not have even started RPing yet.)

2868674 (Indeed, coordination is certainly required, as is joint threads so were all on the same page, quite literaly. Yes, I'm quite sure nopony's doing anything with the Navy :rainbowwild:)

((Yeah. Communication is key in a military, and seeing how disorganized the NLR is just.... it hurts my Fairy Pride. It is pretty sad that some people start something involving others, before the others can get caught up. Not to mention, that there's no use to continuing this mission here, since the NLRAF took it over completely.))

2869070 (Joint ops thread in the main forum then? I'm up for that, I'll bring the skies, you head up the ground?:rainbowdetermined2:)

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

2868282, 2868674, 2869070
(Well, I'll be starting a new RP once Raven Melody's is done. Feel free to join when it's up.)

2870314 (Bloody brilliant, I'm in, how are we going to show up those SE and Legion wankers then? :moustache:)

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

(Mostly, we'll be dealing with the Legion. The SE might try to interfere, but we won't know until it happens. That's all I'm saying for now, because I don't want to give too much away. You'll have more info when the thread's up.)

2870309 ((I'm lichen it(nature joke). When d'you wanna dew it(moar nature joke)? Also, there's something akin to a squall outside my house, but more.... deserty. Utah is weird like that.))

2870314 ((You got it, boss.))

2871040 (Ash soon ash possible(I can make nature jokes too:P) Its time to leaf those tossers crawling home)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 55