The All-American Girl Saga 236 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I'm trying to compile a comprehensive list of insults that could be used in the AAG universe. All help appreciated.

Slurs meaning pony:
*Geldos
*Kickstands
*Cathyfuckers
*Mooners (but from them not wearing pants and from having Princess Luna)
*big eyes, spotters, anime, manga
*motherbuckers, buckers, bucks
*mounters (from the presumed equivalent of a missionary position for ponies), mounties
*handies, no-handies, no-thumbers
*Tugs
*Roadshitters
*Technicolour (when taking groups of ponies)

Slurs against humans:
*unmagicals, unspecials
*chimps, monkeys, bald monkeys, bonobos
*clothers
*Skinners

Slurs against Alt-Earthers in general:
*Flashers
*Krishnas (especially so if said around non-ponies)
*Tails (to then call humans "heads")

Slurs against ponies and donkeys
*confusing them with each other, or calling them all mules

Slurs against zebras
*ponies with stripes, striped ponies
*strippers
*barcodes, codes, bars, lasers
*strip club (group of zebras)

Slurs against humanized ponies:
*skingrafts

Slurs against ponified humans:
*doggies
*bald mules
*stumpers (supposedly referring to humans wanting to cut off their hands)

Slurs against flyers in general:
*Flighties
*Featherbrains, featherheads

Slurs against non-flyers in general:
*Ground pounder
*(in plural or as a class) The grounded, the dirty, the dirt
*Dirties, dirt
*Slows

Slurs against thestrals:
*batponies (except that thestrals themselves use it, like blacks callign each other n-gger) (I got this from the story "Lillies and Chestnuts"
*vamponies
*suckers
*skin fliers, skinnies, baldies
*nighters, lunars

Slurs against unicorns:
*horns, horners, hornets, stingers
*pointies, pointers
*stickheads, stickies
*to horn (a 'nigger'-status verb that can only be used between unicorns; means "to poke with one's horn" or "to exercise one's power against another's will or interest") (Taken from the story "Rainbigot")

Slurs from ponies against non-ponies in general:

Skittle/M&M might be used by Human bigots against "ponified" Humans. Colorful on the outside, white/brown on the inside. A reference to how Equestriani come in myriad colors but Humans only come in a few.

A slur I've used in my TCB works is "Celestian". There, they use it to refer to Celestia's Royal Guard (analogous to Charlie for the Vietcong).

In the AAG-verse, "Celestian" could be a once acceptable term for Equestriani that's become offensive – much like colored for black people or Mohammedan for Muslim.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

"Thestrals" and all that could be used as an insult towards pegasi in general, as I'd already established in AAG that the batponies are nothing more than specialized uniforms that Luna's guards wore in the pre-modernization era. Now that the ERG protects all the royals (i.e. no separate solar/lunar guards), batponies are nothing more than Nightmare Night costumes. So a "batpony" could be just seen as a faker of some sort.

"Kickstand" is another name for a sawmill horse (the four-legged stand that woodworkers use to cut planks and lengths of word), so that seemed apt.

And as I mentioned in another thread, "zeebs" exist for zebras and "birdheads" for gryphons.

So a "batpony" could be just seen as a faker of some sort.

Given that, then those terms may be shifted toward third shift workers in general, with 'thestral' and 'batpony' possessing no negative connotations, then 'vampony' and 'sucker' being negative, and the rest making no sense.

Ground pounder for everyone without wings.

I just updated the list a little, but I need a little help. I can't come up with expressions that would be used by Purehooves to refer to non-ponies in general.
Not necessarily nouns. Expressions, too.

Sorry.

"What do human 'hooves' look like? They are always wearing shoes."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9