The All-American Girl Saga 236 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

When DJ and company where trapped EQMILCOM, and they've turned the tables and started taking back the base and scored her first two confirmed fatal victims. She later created a shockwave that didn't exactly confirmed if any of them where killed by it (Sunset finished them), brawled with some (unconfirmed fatalities, but with her increased strength, she can kill any blindfolded), but it's not until the manticore-transformed pepsi where she undeniably killed with a firearm. We all know DJ can be aggressive, and prone to physical violence if pushed too far, and she know how to use guns, but she had yet to kill someone until then. What exactly made her to not think twice before killing? Is it just survival, or it's also something like power high or suppressed anger and hate? I'm wondering since it may be easier for a military person to kill, since that's part of it, but DJ is civilian, and the mere subject of killing is hard to grasp, much less going through it. Any fills for it?

I would guess her human raising has given her a more human fight of flight instincts and she was not only already pissed off by that point but in full Hulk Smash mode. She probably wasn't thinking about anything other then surviving and protecting her loved ones. I want to know what happened after she got back to Human Earth and how she was handling it there.

BlueBastard
Group Admin

Kill or be killed.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

“DJ!” She turned to see Mike. He was covered in dirt and grime, and looked like he hadn’t showered in weeks.

She ran over to him and cried into his chest, while he held her and told her how much he loved her.

She's not just crying because she was worried about him.

You're also forgetting that DJ has shown proficiency with weapons, because she was trained by her father (and likely her mother as well, given both were military vets.) They presumably drilled into her the maxim when it comes to guns: when you point one at someone, you had better be prepared to take a life.

There's also the fact that she's also probably doing what she does best: bury it until it explodes in her face. That has always been a habit she's relied on and each time, it's bitten her in the ass afterwards.

I mean, how bad to you feel about swatting a fly?

No, I haven't forgotten she knows her way around firearms. I have forgotten her parents taught her to use those (though that makes sense, my father did the same with me), but I've never forgotten Mike did. Maybe it's because of the way my father did it to me, just taught me to use firearms to share a bond, but never at the expectancy to take a life. Maybe it's because my father was formed as a civil protection officer at a time where violence in venezuela was minimal, so a relative less emphasis on lethal force. Maybe firearms training in the US does mentally prepare you to kill if necessary, even as a civilian I guess
Despite that, the capability an willingness of taking a life, and the aftermath, is one of the things I take most curiosity about every character, and I guess that. Maybe it's the sole topic that fascinates me or something. Then again, DJ doesn't seems too shaken for starting a killing count :applejackunsure: , I mean, it still looks like she was more shaken more of just getting out of danger rather than starting a kill count

I mean, it still looks like she was more shaken more of just getting out of danger rather than starting a kill count

Honestly, another possibility would be for her to dehumanize the enemy. It may take a while before the other shoe drops.

Well, it is true that dehumanizing the enemy is part of military training. Then again, I don't think she has been taught that, but knew before hand they where the enemy, and needed to be killed. Guess that a good way to rationalize

No, I meant that she could actually not be aware that they are sentient, and would thus have a breakdown shortly after meeting her first flutter.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Oh, that would just rip her to shreds.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10