The All-American Girl Saga 236 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

In the epilogue of Book One we find that Luna and Robin had a kid together even though they where separated at the time of conception. How it happened was highly mysterious and on a reread of Kind Hearts & Coronets something similar may have happened. Paraffin had a daughter who has some similarities to Twilight. Could it be possible that Twilight could have a child she is unaware of.

Could you please quote the paragraph(s) in question, and reference the chapter?

I think that pony is Tiger Lily' s child, who was named Twilight Lily because he felt guilty for using Twilight. Well, assuming that's the stallion, as I don't remember his name

Sure!

He looked at her, surprised. She was a unicorn filly, her coat a delicate shade of thistle-purple. Gentle red-violet eyes looked at him with awe and wonder, framed by a soft short mane of eggplant-purple, upon which was a single shock of violet-blue. He looked at his daughter and knew that this was, somehow, a message from the Goddess, a sole chance at redemption.
Eyes crying in both sorrow and joy, he kissed his daughter gently on the forehead. “I will give you a name of honor and justice, little one. You shall bear the name of the mare who I should have made happy; and of the one who wanted you to surpass her. You will be my reminder to be the best father I can be, and you will grow up to be a mare to make me proud. You will now and always be my beloved daughter…Twilight Lily.”

Yeap, Tiger Lily is the mother, not Twilight

What I was comparing is the fact that Luna and Robin had a kid together when they had where not doing the horizontal tango. I am hypothesizing that some how Twilight Sparkle and Paraffin had a child in a similar way. So although Tiger Lily gave birth to Twilight Lily she is not the biological mother.

Sterling's birth also involved the interference of the Tantabus, so unless Twilight has any rogue sentient spells with a fondness for her wandering about, it's highly doubtful.

I'll have to agree with 6034338 here. Contrary to canon, the Twilight Sparkle of this story never had her apotheosis into alicorn, never mind the whole mess with the Tantabus.
Besides: what where her parents' physical descriptions?

But who's to say Tantabus was the cause? Luna was speculating in my opinion and it is possible that another force is at play. The fact that it happened at all raises far more questions if Tantabus was involved as to how it did it.

Let's explain that interdimensional conception as "Luna is a demigod".
Consider that Athena was born because Zeus had a literally splitting headache, and Huitzilopostli was conceived in a weird loop of cause-and-effect referring to the titaness Coatlicue being impregnated by a feather (literally), and thus conceiving a bodyguard before she knew she needed a bodyguard.

And this is why it is so interesting, Ancient mythology has done it so well repeatedly!

Oh, my bad, I didn't noticed the epilogue was up before (I can't explain why). But then, Sterling was born with Tantabus' influence, but as far as we know, no such thing happened with Twilight Lily. Oh well, we just have to wait

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12