The All-American Girl Saga 236 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Shinzakura
Group Admin

Okay, changing things up a bit: we're still going to have Monthly Story Challenges, but we're going to have the deadlines two months out.

This month's challenge is: Alternate Universe: What if somepony other than Rarity and Silversteel had been DJ's parents? :pinkiegasp:
- Yes, for those of you who wanted to see how Fluttershy and Big Mac would react if DJ was their kid, here's your chance.
Inquiring minds want to know! So get scribbling! Deadline is October 8 December 15!

The Rules (because we must have some):
- Let's keep it clean for the kiddies.
- Couples other than Rarity and Silversteel are the crux here. And no, not Derpy and Silversteel or Rarity and Roadspierre. Nope.
- Other than that, pretty much the first chapter of AAG, just going where you think it would.
- And because this needs to be said - any AU fics of this type (of which I know there are two in writing) should not count for this contest. The timeframe I feel would detract from those promising storylines, and I'd hate to see them rushed just for the contest.
- When you submit, either post the link below or drop a line to one of the admins, (me, Cody or Blue) and we'll add to the appropriate AAG fanfic folder
- One entry per person, please.
- Since we're adding a month, please try to have it edited prior to submission. While I know it's sometimes hard to find an editor, I'd hate to see anyone picked on (unfairly or otherwise) because they rushed to beat the deadline and came up with an eye-searing, grammar-slaughtering typofest.

Winner gets a cover, :yay:

Hi.
I believe I have asked something similar, but not this in specific: Could a US Navy officer marry with a peer of foreign nobility? And if not, what would Mike be if he had to give up his military commission?

Shinzakura
Group Admin

3542297 No, neither officer or enlisted. Either the noble/royal would have to give up their rank or vice versa. A real-life incident happened just a few years ago when a Marine Corps staff sergeant married a Kuwaiti princess. She ended up renouncing her title, so he could stay in the Corps.

EDIT: Upon second look-up, it varies upon the service. Army allows it for either officers or enlisted, but the royal/noble spouse's title will not count towards the service member (SNM), nor will they be allowed to serve outside the continental US. Navy allows it for officers only; if the marrying SNM is enlisted, they will either be commissioned or discharged. Neither the Air Force nor the Marine Corps allow it. Coast Guard same as the Navy.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Okay, because of the delay on the whole of AAG, I'm extending this contest by two more months. Contest ends on December 15!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5