The All-American Girl Saga 236 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 47 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 47
Shinzakura
Group Admin

This month's challenge is: Families!
We obviously know about DJ's childhood, but what about the others? Or the ones that didn't survive?
- What was Minty like in the years before they found Sandalwood again?
- What mischief did Elusive and Blitz get into as colts?
- Does Fluttershy see her past self in her daughter's timidity? Or does she see the son that never lived?
- For Apple Bloom, the inverse: what of her lost foal, and the foster foal she and her husband agreed to care for?
- How does Applejack feel about her own son, only six years old and, prior to Dusk Shine, the last of the new generation?
- For that matter, has Cadance brought her son to his father's graveside yet?
- How is Twilight reconciling her daughter's bloodline with her future - nature or nurture? For that matter, how is Shining Dawn adjusting to her new family?
- How does anypony stand Pinkie's twins without going mad? :pinkiecrazy:

Inquiring minds want to know! So get scribbling! Deadline is June 15!

The Rules (because we must have some):
- Canon AAG - no sudden AU kiddies.
- Let's keep it clean for the kiddies.
- Any of the kids (except DJ/Sandalwood) is fair game. If you have to mention DJ, keep it in context.
- Stories about Fluttershy or Applebloom dealing with the loss of their foals is acceptable.
- The adopted foals (Cinnamon Star, Dusk Shine, Shining Dawn) and the foster foals (Summer Memories) count as well.
- When you submit, either post the link below or drop a line to one of the admins, (me, Cody or Blue) and we'll add to the appropriate AAG fanfic folder
- One entry per person, please.

Winner gets a cover, bragging rights...and gets to name Rainbow Dash's (as of yet) unborn foal! :twilightsmile:

Personally, I believe that Shining Dawn shouldn't be included into the challenge. Her entire life has played on our screens, and the AAG canon hasn't advanced enough for her to get any offscreen time with the family.
Dusk Shine is also somewhat iffy: he's literally just a couple of weeks old! The only thing that could be said about him would be a comedic replay of the Cake twins episode, pepsis style.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Well, the way I see it, as long as they're canon-compliant (if not necessarily canon), I don't see how they couldn't fit. For example, maybe Cadance is singing her son a lullaby and thinking of Shining Armor. Or maybe Shining Dawn is asleep next to her mother and wondering what her life will be like now as a pony instead of a changeling. There are possibilities that work within the small timeframes.

Fair enough, I guess.

I'd like Shinning Dawn, I just wanna hug her....... not to mention she's my waifu :twilightblush:

Naming Dashie's unborn foal...... nice way to involve the fandom BTW :ajsmug:. I wonder if he/she's alright after the infection :applejackunsure:. Funfact: I wondered what's with AJ's kid, until I re-read the first two chapters of AAG and reminded me he's just a foal :facehoof:

Maybe it's too soon for her, but it might not be a bad idea a story of Shinning Dawn to start foalsitting Dusk Shine :pinkiehappy:. It would help her as a starting point for her to bond with her aunts, starting with Cadance, considering her story with Twily

The problem I see there is that it would have to be placed in the future, precisely because Shining Dawn is completely brand new to the family.
Besides, you could also give that story a dark tint: Shining Dawn knows that she was force-aged and that, in reality, she may be only days older than Dusk Shine. What would she think about the childhood that she was never allowed to have, especially when she's holding one that's much luckier than her?

3308884 Yeah, that would be cool if someone took that issue with her (I still damn my lack of time for not being able to START writing a fic, I really want to gain experience to dare to participate :fluttercry:. That won't stop me for giving some ideas :ajsmug:)

Cinnamon swirl has the most "screen time of the of the other Off spring of the main six so far. and I would like to think that Big mac would be a doting father with his experience with Applebloom. the young Pegasus adapting to farm life would give for easy slice of life comic value.:eeyup: it would be a little hard to get some ages to converge. The pie twins seem younger but that may just be pinkies influence, :pinkiesmile: then the darkest part is the unborn children that were lost both fluttershys,applejacks,and the time between Sandlewoods disappearance, and Minty's birth and Rainbow blitz seems to be Elusive's age?

I have questions
Speak o keeper of the Canon

this was a blurb I posted back on the the Main AAG board maybe it might help
>> BlueBastard

I mean in no way that a a copy infringement just that the the writing here is on par with what i believe is a well written and loved story in fandom. "Nyx" with all credit to pen stroke is a cute reformed nightmare moon :rainbowkiss:

Shiny is loved but in nowhere near innocent or huggable.

"Shining Dawn smiled " Your safe now mother'. she said,

Twilight look at her pepsi daughter with a eyebrow raised "Where did you go? You just stopped in your tracks, said "Wait here and teleported." Shing Dawn sighed , "There were changelings hiding in your office, I eliminated the threat." stated Shining dawn, Twilight opened the door to her office and was greeted with a sight out of one of those human horror films DJ made her watch. Blood and green incor stained the wall and ceiling of the mages office if there we changelings now they were scattered parts painting her once pristine office. the pepsi smiled with a child's enthusiasm " Did I do good mommy?" :facehoof:

"There were changelings hiding in your office, I eliminated the threat." stated Shining dawn, Twilight opened the door to her office and was greeted with a sight out of one of those human horror films DJ made her watch. Blood and green incor stained the wall and ceiling of the mages office if there we changelings now they were scattered parts painting her once pristine office. the pepsi smiled with a child's enthusiasm " Did I do good mommy?"

:rainbowlaugh:
Please write it!
If you need a proofreader, I think I'll make the time.

thanks Nacho again congrats last month . I wold like to think of a CCM the next generation short but some other age differences with the next generation has me stumped I would like to see minty, Cinnamon and blitz get together for a sap covered adventure but I am unsure if the ages are correct some one else wrote an AU with Spike-Rartiy ship and it was pretty good so something like that would be a good to try with AAG Canon I just need a good age Group( Cinnamon minty Blitz) Or maybe A side story about the NEW CMC with Spines,and who ever else? I"m just a patawan who went to ebooks because I burned through paper to quick :twistnerd:

3323546 yeah, that was funny:rainbowlaugh:, he should write that

Ok I'll give it a shot although I have no idea how to post a story and the mechanics of my writing are abismal I just hope I can write some thing that is not sploiler like the scene takes place inky mind after twilight a meeting

well I posted something I think pm for the pass word I titled it My teenaged flutter daughter

OK, I have story ready .who wants to rip it to shreds for me? This a my first try at a posted story and not just snarky remarkes and made up scenes in my head do i need to pm blue or shin for there ok ?

Shinzakura
Group Admin

3321047 Cinnamon is 19; the twins are 16. Blitz is two months younger than Elusive. Applebloom had the miscarriage, not Applejack; she was just the last to have a child.

Any other questions? :twilightsmile:

thank you I think a could try and work a twin and Cinnamon story for now my Twilight Shing dawn story passed moderation I hope it meet your standards for the June contest It is set about 5 min ahead of your last chapter of AAG But my speculation will not interfere with anything keep up the great work .

OK seven day in june is good but still heresy:derpytongue2:

Comment posted by RMWarPony deleted Jun 3rd, 2014
BlueBastard
Group Admin

I'm sorry, but what is the context, here? You already submitted an entry, so why are you posting prose about your 'next' idea when it's not even finished?

Sorryi phone thump

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Also, to be fair, it should only be one entry (story) per person. I'll amend the rules to reflect that.

4 days left :twilightoops:

Somebody else must have also written a story?:pinkiegasp: at least better then mine:facehoof:

on a different note what dose it say on DJ's t-shirt in the pic at the top of the page?:derpytongue2:

3357614 yeah, it's weird that you're the only participant as far as we know :ajsleepy:, Start thinking of names for the kid :pinkiehappy:

I have constantly made myself that question, but never bothered to voice it.

Then I shall name the child mystery T shirt
"That's a joke son " foghorn leg horn

3358844 Why Mystery T Shirt?:applejackunsure:

I was making a joke about what does DJ shirt say at the to of the group page

Now as for the real name for the yet unborn child of rainbow dash .......
Well the contest winner has been accounted yet so who knows

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Well, this is a conundrum. On one hand, I don't know if RM wants to win a contest unopposed (meaning a contest of one is no contest), but at the same time, he's the only one that entered. Should I extend another month, or declare RM the winner?

I'm making this statement not based on the story at submission (I understand some issues were problematic), but rather the number of entries in total (or actually, the lack thereof.) I see most story challenges on Fimfic groups are two months vice one, and I have to wonder if we should fall in line with.

Thoughts?

I was happy my first story ever was accepted I would love to see other stories and some help along so I can edit the story to be more cannon with AAG some of my facts my be off center I can live without winning by default I just hope my story wasn't to awful to read
as always looking for the next chapter

I say declare him as winner and roll in the next one.
Something of a thought would be for you to extend the time for future contests, though. I don't think I would, but that's up to you.

BlueBastard
Group Admin

Extending the deadline kind of defeats the idea behind 'monthly' story contests don't you think? The only reason it's being considered here is because of the lack of participation.

And I said that I wouldn't extend the deadline.
And we just have to deal with low participation: we are a small group, and not everybody will find the time or interest for a given contest.

well I found that my June story challenge is now housed in Plan nine from outer space 2 group.:twilightoops:

3371417 Well, it's something, right?:twilightblush:

Immortality has a price
so did i win or will there be a do over?
I not worried about the "prize" i just would like to know every-bodies decision.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

No, sorry about the delay; I'd wanted to comment on it earlier, but it's been a busy week.
You won, by dint of being the only one to meet the qualifications (as mentioned above.) I'll get working on the cover as soon as.

And I think I'm going to take a month off from the monthly contests, both so i can get the next chapter of AAG out for 4th of July, and also so I can consider if we need to move to bi-monthly contests due to the size. It's clear people want to write, but time is a consideration.

Again, apologies for the delay.

Thank you for such a great original story. Yeah! I won
looking forward to you up coming work and thank you to the forum members for their support and moving me to try and write something.

Contest idea For June 2015 Name Celestias and Sam's child!
I kid,I kid:rainbowlaugh:

3375874 OHH OHH, WHAT'S THE NAME, WHAT'S THE NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME :pinkiecrazy:

patience grasshopper I'll reread the chapter and make sure that I have something worthy:trollestia:

mmh... I'm tempted with
Rising Hope - cheezey
Grey Gale- wizard of OZ reference
Storm Warning- real Rocky mountain horse
Prism Gale I like the name Gale
Hurricane- historic figure and the episode Hurricane Fluttershy
thoughts?
Shinzakura will have the final say it is his story.

HELLO? mac fly any pony home?

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Nobody here but us nobodys.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 47