KRissCHu573NotsoNewBronyRameslack 4 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 135 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 135

Well, for now I guess we should pool the notes here so that we can use them as a reference for future discussions in separate posts. We should probably copy and paste the original notes in case our own explanations alter what was originally intended.

Here's Unholy's explanation on Pinkie's powers.

ME:
It's already established the Prophet has near impossible powers to bend reality to her will but what I would like to know if her ability has limits such as range or duration on objects.

For example: She was able to use a severed unicorn's horn to command a zerg. If say hypothetically, she handed the horn to someone else and let them have control over the zerg. Will it work ?

I'd like to know since I want to make a small mention and demonstration of her powers in the story without her being there.

Unholy:
No. No one else would be able to use the horn because the horn is a powerless inanimate object. The idea of using a severed horn to control a zerg is ridicules, which is sort of why it worked for her. It only works if you use Pinkie Pie logic. But only Pinkie Pie can use Pinkie Pie logic if that makes sense.

Keep the following to yourself.

Pinkie was sacrificed to an alter called the eyes of Discord. Here Discord is still stuck as a statue, trapped in his own realm. Celestia has his statue under a high security lock down. Because lets face it, the idea of putting him in the middle of a garden is retarded. Anyway, he has cultist who offer other ponies at his sites in exchange for a taste of his magic. Ponies sacrificed are sent to Discords realm where he gets to torment their minds until they break. Basically they're his toys, and he has a tendency to break his toys, so the cultist send him a steady supply of fresh ponies, because he has no fun torturing a pony whose mind is so far gone they have no clue their being tormented anymore.

Every now and then, he sends a Prophet back to our realm with an impressive portion of his power. The problem is that they are also so far gone that they just kill everyone at the alter, then die shortly afterwards because they don't have the right state of mind to keep themselves stable. Simply but, they go on a homicidal rampage and die minutes later. Its Discords way of still spreading chaos from within his realm. He can give his powers to a sane pony, but they wouldn't be able to use it because they don't have the right state of mind. You have to be completely separate from reality to make it work.

After the Koprulu tech made its way to Equestria and the portal was shut down, Celestia managed to uncover all the cults thanks to the psychic training recovered from Korhal. The royal guard proceeded to destroy every one of Discords alters on Equestria, thus stemming his fresh supply of new souls. However a number of cults were set up in the Koprulu sector as well, so he still has new incoming souls from there. When the Crusade against the Khalai started, the cult of Discord offered its services to the Vatican in exchange for being allowed to practice their magic. Now they don't have to kidnap people anymore, because the Vatican gives up all death row inmates to the cult to be sacrificed to Discord.

Pinkie Pie's parents were Umojan. Her father was a Knight in the Holy Navy, and her mother was a priest. Both of them were earth ponies. But one day her newborn sister came out a unicorn. It was later discovered that the mother was having an affair with a Dark Templar. When her father found out, he Captured the Dark Templar who was sacrificed shortly afterwards. Just to be on the safe side, he recommended all of his children and his wife be sacrificed as well in case they had also been tainted by the void.

Pinkies family for the most part suffered the typical fate. They were tormented horribly until they were driven insane. Pinkie Pie on the other hand proved immune to Discords mental torments because apparently she was already crazy. She had the perfect balance of sanity and insanity where she would be able to use Discords power, but not be destroyed by it.

One day during their usual sacrifices, the Eyes spat Pinkie back out. She proceeded to kill her father, and slaughter many of the priest before escaping. She would eventually make her way into Consortium space. There she found a number of small private military contractors, and proceeded to kill the CEO's one by one. Afterwards she would eat them. According to Pinkie Pie rules, if you eat the flesh of the previous CEO, you get all of his assets. At first not everyone agreed, but she managed to convince everyone to work for her. While she never took on any of the larger PMCs, the fact she was able to unit so many smaller PMCs allowed her new security firm, Diamond Dog, to easily rival her competitors.

Her end goal is to do a job for Discord. Like Amon, Discord is a creature of the void, though of a different kind of void magic. Amon and Discord are well aware of one another, and Discord is aware that Amon wants to end life in the sector. The problem with that is that Discords only remaining worshipers are in that sector, so if Amon wipes it out, his steady stream of sacrificed ponies will dry up. His stone imprisoned body will continue to rot in Celestia's palace, and he'll eventually become nothing more than a footnote in history.

That's why he sent Pinkie Pie as his Prophet back into our realm. She is to build an army, find out where Amon is resting, and destroy him before he can awaken.

As I said on the first chapter where she makes her appearance. She knows there are worse things in the galaxy than zerg and other ponies.

Hmm, in retrospect, a wall o text might not be such a good idea, what do you guys think?

Here's some background info on 588 aka Mercy:

Not sure if you want to use this or not. In the main story, she does have a name. That invasion in the main story was their first big op. Up until they then just did guard service. But shortly after they entered the Diamond Dogs service, and some even before, they started given themselves names.

588's name is "Mercy." She actually wants to be a medic, because then she could keep people alive longer (if you know what I mean). The thing is the prototype generation were all infantry units, so she never got to learn how to use the medical armor, and only knows first aid. But her knowledge of first aid is very extensive, because not only did she practice it a lot, she also poured herself into medical studies as well. As you said, they all have different little quirks.

It was that extensive study of anatomy that allowed her tow develop two skills. One, she knows how to keep someone alive, even when they don't want to be. Two, she has studied extensively with knifes, and knows all the right places to cut. Not necessarily to kill (she knows that too of course), but to cripple. She likes to just disable people if she can, so she can have fun with them afterwards. She pretty much knows all the right spots to shoot/stab. She got the name mercy because she became so good at this, she rarely ever killed her opponents directly, which included the zerg she went up against. Instead she simply maimed them and them ride out their suffering.

I'm not sure how big of a role she will play in the main story. I'm kind of envisioning her as somewhat of a rival to Scootaloo. But if you want to develop her, that's something to work with.

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

ME:
Is Moonraker appearing anytime soon?
Unholy:
He'll be in the story, won't say when or what he'll do.
Its going to be a while before he enters. But he is going to kill Rain Sight in an attempt to retrieve Down Pour, her and Sovereign's son.

That's all I got out from him. I deducted that it will be in some secret lab of the Greater Good, because where else would they keep Sovereign's clone and his and Rain's son.

It's little, but I tried to not really bother the guy so I don't take from his time for writing.

2628515 Wait, so that means every single bit of your two stories was all you? This makes your stories even more impressive than they are in my eyes.

I had to consult him for every chapter I've written since the first one he proofread held a number of plotpoints that would have contradicted the main story. Still, I guess it was a hidden blessing, albeit a mixed one, that I got quite a few notes. Will post them as I find them. Here's another one by the way:

Me:
Some technical question(s) this time if you don't mind:

How long do the clones incubate in their pods before they are ready to be 'born' ?

Is there a particular way the Dominion do their cloning and does Stedson use the same method ?

Are the newborn clones sent to a nursery of sorts when they're out of the pods ? If so,what are the differences

Are the inspectors sent in monthly or yearly and are they sent as teams or individuals ? Or is it left to my discretion ?

Now for some non-technical questions:

Did Stedson meet Penny or Twilight first ?

When did Stedson tell 588 the truth of 522's 'adoption' ?

When did Stedson meet Penny/Twilight in the 6 year gap between chapter 3 and 4 ?

I guess that's about it for now. I'll send you what I've written so far,once I figure out how -_-

Unholy:
There is no rapid growth, so clones still take 11 months to grow (typical pony gestation period). Remember, Stedsons genetic engineering didn't add anything unnatural. He only worked with what was already inside their DNA. He feared adding in anything knew would not only taint their purity, but could also create potential problems down the road in their development. For example, in the starwars series, a lot of the clones started to develop all sorts of health problems after only the second decade.

I haven't gotten into the science of it, and kind of don't want to. But yes, Stedson does use the same methods. The only thing he doesn't know about the cloning is how to reproduce the technology required. He knows all about altering genes to reduce the chances of hereditary ailments and what not, but only the most high level engineers are allowed to know how to reproduce the tech required. Remember Stedson was still a "young" stallion at the start of the story. He was in his mid twenties still, so he wasn't taken too seriously. He's older by the end of course.

I was thinking every six months, but I left that blank in case I needed a specific number in the future. You can use what ever interval you need to use. Though it has to be at least annually. Stedson did say the inspectors were annoying, and they did send reports that mentioned Stedson was no longer psychologically stable.

He never met Twilight. She knew Happy was up to something, but didn't know what, nor could she prove it. She sent the budget report to an outside accountant who Happy wouldn't be able to track, as in Penny Pincher. He found out that Happy was embezzling funds, and with Twilights security access, tracked where it was all being sent. How Penny Pincher managed to contact Stedson I'll leave that up to you. Though I would recommend that one of the inspectors was in Diamond Dogs pay roll.

Stedson informed 588 about the adoption shortly after he agreed to work with Penny Pincher. He told her it had to stay a secret, but since she was a good friend with 522, he wanted to let her be the one to take revenge. That's when she became particularly obsessed with "first aid" because she wanted to practice for the day Happy arrived.

I don't have an exact date on that, so I'll leave it to you.

Just remember to let me see the chapter before you post. I want to make sure I can make it cannon with any future chapters I have in mind. I've learned from blizzard what happens when you have multiple writers who don't communicate before they publish their works.

*after proofreading chapter 1*
That's pretty good. The nightmare was very well thought out.

Just one thing. Stedson is an Imperial, so he wouldn't stay "damn them to tartarus." Confederates and Umojans do because they still worship Celestia. Kel-Morian's may or may not because they are lose connection of multiple worlds and cultures. Imperials have heavily taken on human culture, so Stedson would probably say "damn them to hell."

But that aside, that was a really good start! It shows he really loves his daughters, and I think the nightmare shows his decent starting.

Here's some background on Iron Feathers again:

Me:
Do you have a training program for the IF units ? If so,can I have a copy or a generalized explanation.

I read that the second generation were trained with various skills but I'd like to know at what age do they start that part of their training. Is it after they have mastered basic combat training or do they do it along with combat training ? And are the 1st gen units receiving the same training as well ?

Also,what other weapons are the IF units trained with ? I'd hate to write in a weapon or ammo type that doesn't exist in your story.

Unholy:
Well the training program can be whatever you want. But here are some guidelines

Prototype series went through a strictly infantry focused training program. Series 01 and beyond went through a variety of different programs depending on what their assigned skill was. I'll let you decide on how they choose what a role is. Draw of a hat, aptitude test, a balance of both, etc.

As for ammo, let's not put a specific caliber on rounds. Blizzard has avoided doing that for a reason, because it could complicate things later down the road. Though there are different ammo types. Two ammo types in particular are carried by infantry (which I'll make apparent in next chapter). AP (armor piercing) is the standard issue for most. Though almost all infantry carry two sets. AP primarily, but they also carry HE (high explosive). AP is used for many as secondary. AP is the preferred when dealing with armored ponies and most situations. HE is preferred when dealing with small zerg, because it can blow their carapace open and kill zerg more effectively. However it isn't as effective against really big zerg with heavy carapace, or against heavily armored infantry.

Can you confirm the part about the ammunition types for me Kriss?

Here's one that concerns Sovereign and the CMCs a little bit:

Unholy:
As for Penny Pincher, you can die either or with that one. Though remember, he had to do it in a way that no one would know about it. And there are guards on that facility as well, so that could be difficult. Also, he first made contact with Penny Pincher about a year prior to his betrayal. Takes some effort to set all of that up, and they needed to make the attack the day that Happy visited so they could off him.

Oh, one thing I missed in my story that you could take care of as well. Those three inspectors are witnesses, so at one point, they would have had to have been taken care of discreetly. I'll leave that too you, but feel free to ask for help if you can't think of anything.

Me:
I see what you mean. I guess I still have a lot more to learn about writing huh ? Thanks for pointing that out, no one ever told me about that about my writing so I've stuck to it ever since.

A year huh ? guess that pushes that chapter a bit further back. Thankfully I've only written a couple of paragraphs so far.

About the guards: I think that despite being resocs, they are still susceptible to regular emotions like boredom and monotony. So over time the inspections, though still an important thing, becomes routine. Though I could be wrong since I don't know much about resocs aside from what you've written.

I've got plans for at least one of the inspectors in the end but it's nothing concrete. I'll PM you when I've gotten that far.

Unholy:
Actually if you want to go say 5 or 6 years, I guess that can work. I'll just keep that in mind for future chapters. The thing is that he was still an actor when Stage was already a young adult; remember they were on the Doctor Whooves together when she injured him on set destroying his career. On the story she is 25 and 27. Penny Pincher/Time Turner/Whooves is in his mid thirties by the story, so early thirties by the time Stedson does his betrayal. while Sovereign is only 20, and the CMC are all about 19.

As for resocs... On the books some are shown to be almost like robots. Very happy, devoted robots. It's actually really creepy when you see the past memories of these cheerful upbeat soldiers. One of them was a lady who lured young men into her bedroom, tied them down, then flayed them alive with a skillet knife. She went through 8 boys before she was caught. After being resocialized, she was very happy and perky all the time. Like a cheerleader at a high school prep rally, but 24 7. She basically became the nicest person you can imagine, and would never suspect her of being a psychopath.

Point is, they might not ever succumb to boredom or complacency, but it depends on their level of resoc. People who were downright insane are total resocs. These soldiers often can't even point their weapons at undesignated targets unless instructed too. But those are only soldiers who needed to be completely resocialized. Simpler forms of resoc are just downloaded combat protocols, or instilled loyalty, or simply happy memories of them willing enlisting, rather than being recruited out of a prison. It all varies from soldier to soldier. Recruited soldiers sometimes even volunteer for a light form resoc simply to avoid future mental problems like PTSD, or to improve their combat prowess. Those men generally still retain their memories, skills and individuality. They simply had any potential for fear, doubt or any other mental illness suppressed.

It also varies on commanders as well. Some commanders prefer minimal resoc on their men, because they still want them to be able to act on their own. Other commanders want their soldiers to undergo total resoc because they prefer absolute loyalty and obedience to orders over individual initiative.

Pretty much you can go either way, or anywhere in between.

Here's one that concerns a future chapter in my story but still could be useable in the continuation:

Unholy:
DO NOT post that chapter yet. Lots of editing I had to do. Make sure you give it one last look over yourself before you post it by the way. Odds are I missed something as well.

I want to give you mostly free reign over OCs, but the name "Candy Striper" really takes away from the character in my opinion. Do consider changing it, because she's pretty likable. Kind of makes her come off as a joke. Her name aside, I do like what you did with her. Her relation ship with Stedson is interesting, and its nice that she to at least a degree cares about the fillies. It's also sweet how at the end she doesn't take offense to them calling her mother.

One other thing about medical terminology. There is medicine, and there is surgery. A filly like Rain Sight is clearly more interested in medicine, because she works well with drugs. 588 aka "Mercy" would be more into surgery than medicine.

Also one thing I would like for you to establish on my behalf. I'm going to hit up on this when I get to the main story, but this is a chance to go into more detail. Something to keep in mind for future chapters. When they complete their training, not all the Iron Feathers are sent to the Diamond Dogs. The vast majority are all for finally putting their training to the test, but a tiny minority felt their destiny laid elsewhere. Cutie marks and all. Since the Diamond Dogs allowed Stedson much more freedom, he did allow them to leave and strike out on their own. He was worried they wouldn't be able to adjust to normal life, but he didn't want to deny them their request. They were so few in number, he figured the Diamond Dogs wouldn't mind, which they didn't. The way they saw it, they didn't want weaklings in the Diamond Dogs anyway. Of course Stedson was right about them not adjusting. That's where there were other Iron Feathers in the Ice House before Scootaloo showed up.

I'm not saying go into deep detail on this, but somewhere near the end of the story, try to make mention of it. If you can't, no big deal, but it would help connect this story to the main story.

One final note. The way you described this base is very interesting. The greater good in the main story does have a neutral meeting ground where its leader meet. I'm thinking of making this that base, since no one knows about it.

In case you haven't noticed, the greater good has technology from all the factions. I haven't mentioned it yet, but the reason Pinkie Pie was able to get across the sector so fast was because she has a Khalai gateway on her capital ships, which will be revealed later. She also had access to Dominion Devastator suits, and will be shown to have cloaking technology as well, which is also unique to the Dominion. That said, this station in the main story will eventually have technology from all five factions. There will also be some surprise guest showing up on this station as well. Can't go into that. But there is a reason the greater good is gathering technology from all five factions. That will be revealed in time.

I have read all the notes here now, by the way did you share the notes I gave you Argus?

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2628532 Eyup. Ammo confirmed.

2628529 If I can reveal something myself, there was a point where Unholy accepted suggestions for OCs and I suggested Karn. At first he was this Marry Sue thing, who was supposed to teach Sovereign better use of Void magic, but after consultations with Unholy he went through a Khalai member of the greater good, to the DT we saw get killed. That's the very reason I wanted Shining Armor to die so much. Later he got me to agree to Karn having a daughter. Then he allowed me to make the back story for the two of them. However the three brothers were his idea. (Moonraker, Goldeneye and Skyfall) He had them named like that, because the DI pretty much worships Mr. Bond as the god of espionage. The three of them have 1 father - a DI agent, but are from diferent mothers.

2630679 I thought it'd be more appropriate if you added them yourself since you got the original version. You should copy and paste them since there there might be something Unholy said in his emails that you didn't add.

2632567 Okey I will put a copy of what I told you here then. Unholy told me that Soveraign will have his horn back when he is cloned or what ever it is that brings him back so I guess that means he will be able to use magic again so that could be exciteing. I will also give you a copy of Unholys last mail to me becaus it has a songtext that he wanted in the story.

This is a song he'll be singing to his son. It's called Sovereign's Lullaby.

Life will be a cruel journey

Filled with cold and painful learning

There’s no handouts just hard earnings

That’s how things will always be.

This world’s no place for the idle

So work hard until deaths arrival

Everybody is held liable

For the life they choose to lead.

When you’re born poor with nothing

It’s up to you to make your life worth something

The road ahead is marked with pain

True rewards aren’t easily gained

Yes sometimes things will go wrong

Just get back up and move along

You aren’t the first to fall

It’s happened to us all

What matters is that you stay strong.

Please don’t ignore this thesis

Or your life may fall to pieces,

Do enjoy your fleeting recess

When you grow up you will see.

Every day you will be tested

You’ll survive or you’ll be bested

Everything in life’s contested

Nothing in this world is free

Sometimes you’ll face unfairness

And cold people who could care less,

The world might seem like some cruel joke

You’ll see your dreams go up in smoke.

Yes sometimes things will look blue

You’ll feel the world come down on you,

Just get back on your feet

Even when it’s looking bleak

What matters is you see things through.

Stay strong, because adulthood’s coming soon,

The real won’t be a cakewalk served up on a silver spoon

Keep resilient for the road ahead.

You’ll face rejection, disappoint

Shattered hope, love and trust broken

Minor setbacks, massive failings

Uphill battles, close friends bailing

But don’t you ever let that stop you

Someone has things worse than you do

Make do with the cards that you drew

Don’t give up, you’ll see it all through

Sometimes you’ll be mistreated

And left feeling robbed and cheated

But don’t ever stay defeated

On with life you must proceed.

Cause if you just keep on trying

And maintain a will undying,

You will see that I’m not lying

When I say you will succeed.

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

AH YES! Not sure if I explained that, but both the Dominion Fleet and DI use the Naval Ranking system, even though they are separate organisations. In turn the marine corps use the Marine RS, ect, ect.

2655220 So mind listing out said ranks for our convenience(Not well versed in military ranks:twilightblush:) and also, how much influence would...say Twilight, a Vice Admiral in DI would have over the Dominion Fleet? Would she be able to override the authority of a Vice Admiral of the Dominion Fleet?

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2655669 Here you can check them out. And I don't know. Unholy did say about how they rank, but he didn't really explain the connections between diferent organisations. I guess the Secret Services, and or black ops are a more influential group in the goverment, so I take it their high figures would have greater authority than the ones in the other organisations. :twilightsheepish:

2655865 Also Twilight is pretty good at manipulating people in this universe

Found another one:
That was actually a pretty good "awww" moment at the end.

Though just a bit of heads up on future lore.

Cloaking tech is actually very rare in the military. Only the most elite fighter squadrons get to use it, and it's very expensive. The cost of a single unit is easily up there with a corvette. In fact in lore, if a cloaked ship is ever shot down, demolition teams are sent on sometimes suicide missions to destroy the cloaking generator so it doesn't fall into enemy hands.

But here it doesn't really matter I guess because it was a training simulation that was suppose to be hard.

On a side note, they still have fighters with the transformation servos. But like in lore, those are also reserved only for the most elite. In lore, the dominion actually still uses the wraith. Most pilots don't won't get selected to flying in a Viking squadron, and many who do die in training trying to figure out how to work the damn thing.

Just something to remember. 400 years have passed since they first arrived in the sector. A lot of tech would have changed between then and now. That's why you don't see many mechanical units of the same origin. Yes fans would love to see the same thing as the games, but it wouldn't make any sense. Tech is a constantly changing thing.

But over all, a very nice segment. Very touching moment between him and 36. The way you background the old facility makes sense as well. Guild wars, khalai rebellion, the royal navy abandoning it. Gives a good explanation as to why Day was able to keep it a secret so long.

My advise to you would be to put an earlier segment in this chapter where he does some testing on 36 and finds out her development was flawed. I'm very interested to see what happens when Day notices she isn't developing properly. I'm sure you'll make a few people cry.

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2656183 2663569 I have a question. Excluding Skyfall, is there evidence of Lyra being connected with the GG in any sort of way, or gs she purely loyal to the Dominion?

2707525 As far as I know she is just working for the DI

2707525 Like Rame says, I believe that Lyra just works for the Dominion as a 'recruiter'.

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2708059 2709485 I see. Okay, good to know.

Found another one(completely forgot about this:twilightsheepish:):
I'm going to ask Ram to make an piece of art for a future chapter. The art work will be Sovereign (with his horn back) holding up a foal, nuzzling his muzzle against the foals muzzle. The foal will have Sovereigns grey fur and whitish grey hair, but has grew eyes and is an earth pony. That's all I shall say on that. Remember, keep that between you and Kriss and no one else. Ram will know because I'm going to ask him to make it for me.

On another note, you guys have some decent ideas. First off, finish your current projects, because they're turning very interesting (imo). But once that's done, there is no reason you can't do another one using OCs not related to the main story. Remember the sector is a big place with billion of ponies in all sorts of crazy situations. There are psychics, assassins, mercenary groups, void monsters (basically demons), mages, corporate conspiracies, actual ghost, and endless variety of zerg. I'd actually like to see what you two could do with a completely independent story in the main setting.

By ghost, I mean that the Umojan Vatican takes their souls of dead soldiers, and traps them in power armor. When a crusader joins the Holy Navy, they enter a contract that doesn't end with death. If they die before their contract is over, their souls are transported to certain nexus's where they are "downloaded" into suits of power armor. Inside the armor you can still see a ghostly figure of the pony who died, but they can't ever take the armor off. If the armor is destroyed, their souls go back to the nexus. The only way to be free is to complete their contract, or be out of range of any soul nexus when they die. They usually keep ships called "spirit guides" near battles to gather the souls of the fallen.

I was actually thinking of making a short story that involved a stallion whose girlfriend was killed and was now a trapped in armor. She still serves along side him, and loves him, but her being trapped inside that suit makes thing difficult for them. On a side note, their power armor looks something like the grey knights from warhammer 40k. They got that whole "crusader in power armor" look about them.

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2785747 -sighs- I miss this guy. :fluttershysad:

2811384 I miss him too. If it weren't for him, we'd probably would have never met each other(relatively speaking) And I wouldn't be writing my first pony story either.

So here's to UnholyHeaven, Leo Benitez. May he rest in peace.

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2815268 Amen. May his spirit find comfort in the Void's embrace.

2708059 I'm kind of curious about one thing with Unholy's story. Is it set in an alternate reality where Sarah Kerrigan got killed and Zeratul's dark prophecy comes true?

2867881 As far as I know that is the case

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2868255 Well, since she isn't in command of the zerg, and we have that Templar Archive from the prophecy, I recon that's the case.

2868255 Okay, good to know. I just thought that since the GG and Zamara are after the memories in Sovi's head, they believe that it happened that way. It would be a good plot twist if Kerrigan did survive and came back but obviously, there's too many plotholes to make it remotely useable,:derpytongue2:

2871980 I whould think that what happend in the protoss missions in SC2 is the reason everyone in the sector is dead and the only thing left is some feral wildlife of diffrent types, plus a bunch of feral zergs.
And speaking of the zerg I dont think that they are under the control of any major queen but rather scattred trough out the sector in small broods (small is a relative term when it comes to zerg).
I also think there is a lot of potential to be had with the zerg since they evolve really quickly and take on traits of other creatures that they encounter, for exsample what whould happen if they got there claws on unicorn or pegasus DNA? whould they be able to use magic or control weather?
Another thing I have also been thinking about is what Pinkie had Queen bee research for her and how it involve the zerg and here is what I think. In brood war the UED took control of a thing called the Psi disruptor witch alowed them to enslave zerg broods and use them agains there enemies. But that device was also destroyed in that same game and there was only one of them, as far as I know that tecnolagy was also a very new one but there must have been some records of it in a arcive or something so its understandable that it whould take time to recreate. then there is also the Psi emiters that the dominion used to lure the zerg to diffrent places, that could also be what Queen bee is working on.

toughts? :twilightblush:

2872136 Hmm, a recreated Psi Disruptor huh? Well, the Confederates did get their hooves on what's left of the original one on Braxis and Queen Bee was a confederate scientist. The Confederates more or less abandoned the idea on rebuilding the device when they found they could use unicorns to do the same thing but on a smaller scale so the Psi Disruptor making an appearance would be a good surprise.

And it also lines up with Pinkie's agenda since it disrupts the hive-mind mentality of the zerg, making Amon's control of the zerg less effective though the idea of Pinkie getting to use it is unlikely, with her death already confirmed.

Not an expert on zerg here but it would seem very handy but again, there are some things evolution cannot do, like give zerg magic. Take Kerrigan for example, before she became the Queen of Blades, she was a powerful psychic and even after she was infested, the zerg weren't able to replicate her powers, because it was an innate part of her. Though the idea does show promise.

Queen Bee has been receiving 'offerings' from the Confederates(House von Death March) who's to say she didn't use them as test subjects/slaves for her experiments. She could have made an elite guard with them. Think about it, a small cadre of mutants with the strength of earth ponies, the magic of unicorns and the weather control of pegasi and if you can't, think Stukov but ponified and multiply that by X.

2872564 Or we can simply have infested ponies =P.
but the way I was thinking was along the lines of the evolusion missions of heart of the swarm (I dont know if you have played that or not) where you take a unit and give it new traits in various ways like killing a local creature and steal its defining feature/ability. but all in all its just me playing around with ideas for this universe.

2872814 Actually, that's what I meant when I mentioned the elite guard, infested ponies but it's been centuries since QB started living on Char and doing her research so I guess she could have made rudimentary magic possible for the zerg but to me, the zerg are all about sheer brutality and I don't think I've ever seen a zerg use psionics before.

Besides, it would be cool to have the infested ponies be in charge of broods like the queens/cerebrates from the game.

And yes, I have played HotS, a friend let me play his copy of the game(after making sure i did it offline. I suck at it:derpytongue2:)

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2872136 The Psi Disruptor and Emiters sound promising, but I don't think that's what QB is researching, following this simple logic: Why the hell would you make and afterwards give something that pretty much replaces your control over your only means of defense to someone who's very persona radiates the fact that they wil betray you afterwards. I think QB is smarter than to allow something like that.

2872564 Ahem!-expert on zerg here- I'm afraid you are in a bit of misunderstanding sir, the zerg can replicate psionic(and in the case magic) usage, doing so however will be bad. How you ask? Allow me to quote Abathur. "Swarm must not present threat to Swarm Leader!" If there were multiple organisms that could use such abilities they would be highly ranked and would need to be inteligent in order to use them. Such powerful and smart organisms would be able to take down the Swarm Leader and then would tear the whole Swarm apart in fighting between eachother to get control over the Swarm. That's why such organisms have not been made, but they can be. With the zerg, unless you are a protoss, there is nothing inate and unreplicaible.

2874663 *shrugs* At least it was fun imagining infested pony bodyguards for QB for a while. Still, now that the idea is off the table. What do you think QB uses the 'offerings' for? Experimentation?

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2874807 Who said the infested guard is off the table?

Experiments, having fun to remove the drought, biomass to create more zerg, or make a guard force of infested.

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

2872814 Guys, I got hit by an idea, but I want to hear your oppinion before I do anything. What if after their last meeting, Amaka to have...caught something from Karn, so that when the gang arive at the Dylar system, plus the family described in Karn's journal Rain finds a surprise second big brother. Am I making it too complicated?

3053566 So Karn have an unknown child with his former employer?

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

3054091 That's the general idea. Not even he knew about it. Still I repeat, this just hit me while I was getting home, no need to make it cannon if it's overcomplexating things'n stuff.

3054123 If you can make it work then sure Im game

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

3054595 I'd like to hear NSNB's oppinion too before I start doing anything. :pinkiesmile:

3054672 It does sound plausible but considering Karn and Erina did get 'frisky' as well during work hours, it could be Erina's kid too since Amaka is possibly past her fertile stage in life but here's how I see these two scenarios.

Amaka the mommy: Though motherhood is considered an honor/duty in their society, Amaka would probably try to keep the child away from her because the child could interfere with her 'private' time. So she dumps her on Erina or a nearby colony. When he became of age, Amaka used her influence to get him a position on board the station or something.

Erina the mommy: With Karn's child within her, she could have gotten some maternity leave for a while but with Amaka involved, probably forced to leave him on a nearby colony. Regardless, Amaka probably finds out about the child early on, possibly planning to make him her Shadow if he shows promise to be a DT as well.

So either way, the half-brother would be older than Rain, how much older, I dunno since it isn't known how long ago since Karn was forced to leave Erina for Amaka and then for Rain Drop. So for all we know, he could be anywhere from 10 to 15 years older than Rain Sight.

p.s: How old is Rain Sight anyways?

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

3056627 Well my idea was something like this: Amaka being the mommy, that happening on the last time she had a go with Karn(at the 1st chapter of Tale of an Exile). Of course she often leaves Erina to look after him, but the kid's upbringing is done by his mother. Pulling some strings and spreading her legs here and there, Amaka gets him a mildly high position in the military, thus earning herself some influence (indirectly through her son) among the soldier ranks. Also this makes Erina more spiteful towards Amaka, and when she meets with Rain it makes for an even more tense time.

As to your other question - Rain Sight is 23-ish. She was born when Rust was eight. I'm not sure how long pony pregnancy is, but Rust was born between the first and second year after Karn settled on Meinhoff, and since half-bro started after the last bang he is 9-10 years older than Rain Sight.

3060787 Pony/horse pregnancy last eleven months.
So I guess Amaka is looking to become a High Matriarch by using her son, huh?

Hmm, are you planning to send Karn Jr to join Starsong's forces before Rain arrives at the station?

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

3065412 Okay, so Karn Jr(You sir actually made me consider naming him like that! :rainbowlaugh:) is 10 years older than Rain(so he's 33).
I personally would like if Rain and Karn Jr meet.
You sir just got me an addition to my idea. KJ(:rainbowlaugh:) has a position close to(or the same as) Starsong's. (He has his own ship and crew.) When Starsong gets aditional forces Amaka convinces him to take KJ with him for consultation. She also makes it so that all the resourses , ponies and support Star gets is on the high matriarch. In truth KJ slowly wins Star's own crew over. Then he secretly sabotages Star, and since both crews favor him when KJ brings Star as a sort of criminal both crews speak against Star(Not because they hate him, but because KJ manages to decieve them that Star is a bad guy in a way.) When they get back he puts a blame on the high matriarch, pointing out many mistakes on her part, sesulting in her demotion. In turn he points out all of the "good" his mom has done - getting her to skip middle matriarbh and replace the high one. And ofcourse for bringing in a hazardous captain and getting better hooves to be HM, KJ himself gets a spiffy promotion - gaining command over the Radiance and itp crew in addition to his own ship and crew.

What happens to Star we will figure later.

Thoughts?

Sounds good and all, but we better fill in any potential plotholes this might cause. I found a few in mine which I had corrected before I had shown them to you.

As for his sabotaging of Starsong's reputation with his crew, it sounds awfully out of character for a templar. I know his mom is still Amaka, but I doubt he'd act like that if he was brought up around other khalai ponies. After all, it would bring up a lot of suspicions from her subordinates if her own son doesn't follow the way of the khala.

Maybe make him a sub-overseer who only earned his position because of Amaka, but he has a desire to prove his own worth to Amaka and possibly Erina, who he might see as an aunt or true mother figure of sorts due to her raising him half the time.

How about we make him be part of the station's forces that are sent to look for Lyra's shuttle, forcing her and SkyFall to take the long way round. Plus, it'd would work in his and Amaka's favor if he retrieves a Dark Templar that Starsong lost in the first place. Though as we already planned, Lyra gets away, so no promotion for either of them.

As for the sabotaging of the High Matriach, aren't the warriors under her command also part of Amaka's forces too? And as a Low Matriach, I don't think she has the authority to give him resources that are above her command. The Khalai would suspect her if she pulls something like this.

What do you think Rame?

p.s: Junior sounds silly to me. How about a name like Aiden?...hmm, not protoss-ey enough. Rylus? Kailen? I'll stop here before my brain comes up with something ridiculous.

3068691 What do I think, hmm yes that is a good question isnt it :P
The thing is that I know next to nothing about how the protoss do things and how there society works so I wont be very helpfull in that area. But regading "junior" I can easily see him as a spoiled duche that got everyting he ever needed becaus of his mother. If I think of anything else I will share it with you here.

3068793 Alright. Then may I ask for your opinion on my latest draft? The links in Plot Connection remain the same.

KRissCHu573
Group Admin

3068691 I was thinking along the lines of Amaka raising him herself, leaving him to Erina for those special times.

That "proving himself" idea is very sweet.

When I said that the two of them would act so selfishly, they do it behind the scenes and to the entire public seem like normal khalai.

And for blaming of the high matriarch, Amaka informs her and the HM decides to support him(then we throw in your part about our mother-son duo getting a promotion by helping Star, but when KJ sees that the operation for retrieving the DT is a bust, he decides to try the other thing. Everything happening behind the scenes.) When he gets back he emphasises on the fact that the current HM has personally given assistance to Star, resulting in the loss of resourses.

Oh and about Amaka's new shadow, most khalai treat DTs like dark duches who'd do anything to benifit their existanse. Of course not all DTs are anything like that, but there are thmse that fit the stereotype. One such - Moon Fang - is convinced that if he sticks with Amaka he'd be g greatly rewarded, so when word of Karn's "death" gets, Moonie fresh out leaves the DO and applies(he doesn't have a kill on his list, cuss he left the DO so early, they hadn't sent him on any missions.) Since he gets close with his boss and because KJ has the potential MF teaches KJ some void magic.

So we have this sort of triple coalition.

And again I repeat - Amaka and KJ(not his cannon name, I like those you made up.) show their dark side only to the reader and Erina(because she is so close to them), but in front of any other khalai they are by the book, working for their faction and not doing anything out of the ordinary.

3068855 Yes sure, I think it looks pretty good so far I didnt find anything that really looked out of place.
But I am a little curious of where the put Tom since if I remember right they all where on it in the last chapter that Unholy made.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 135