The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Review by: Cromegas_Flare

Reviewers Tags: Mature, Light Gore

Well, here we are friends. er... at least I think we are all friends? You tell me, after Friendship is Magic.

My review to the story After Dark, I have heard many things about this story, some good, and none bad as of yet. My good friend IceboxFroggie wrote it, yet I never read it. Now I shall read. but first let me fill you in what I know about Froggie. When it comes to writing, that is his love. He can nail a romance story with a twitch of a finger, which means he knows how to write Romance. I also had the honor of working with this guy. I have seen what he can do, reaching into the greatest of night mares, and making them come to life. So when I read the description of this story, I was all like "Now, why in the blue blazes have I not read this yet!" Now I am here, ready to read, ready to have my sleep become even more restless!

Nightmares always seem so real, don't they?

The Mane 6 has nightmares. And they're all connected. Why? What force is making their worst fears come true? Whatever it is, it does not like them.

When it comes to nightmares, you have my attention, simply because my nightmares are the only things that scare me spit less.

Man! I am getting goosebumps already! For such a short description, It sure puts allot to the written ambiance. Let me begin!

~~+~~

Cromegas_Commentary!

:First thing I noticed is that it is written in First Person, present tense. Now, many people have opinions that make it hard to accept this style. Yet, if you want a certain realism to the feel of the night mare... there is no other way. I have seen it attempted, the crash and burn. So first of, Icebox, well done on the set up. Now, I shall read on.

: Now there is something I love! Being afraid and not knowing why! Seriously, its the lack of control of yourself that get into peoples head here. Its like having.... well, I'll let the story speak for itself.

: AHHHHH, ... no, just, no! This a good reaction guys! I am having flash backs to my nightmares! The ones I don't want to think of..... oh boy.... I need a break, and I am not even to the good part. It is not out right scary, but it gets you where it counts. In the head.

:The first night mare is over, and it was well done! Its all in one chapter, so I am exetied to move past this break. But, just wow! When I want some thing Dark, this is what I am looking for! Not because of the nightmare, not because of death... No, it makes you think, it makes you ponder. Dark stories should always make you think. And this one does just that.

: The beauty of these nightmares is that it attacks the individual personally! I'll go farther into that in my review, which will hold some minor spoilers. You have been warned!

: A clear as day consistency, Clown.... This is more then just nightmares. There is a solid connection. More to the story, then what is shared. Follow the Dark verse guys. I'll talk about that latter.

: The opening words, and closing words says it all.

I wake up.

I am Scared

:Wow, just wow. Each hits... just wow. Better and better... just, wow.

:What the! Fluttershy's dream is just.... All power she has is now void! Well done Froggie!

: Ah! Shivers and tears! Shivers and Tears!!!!!!

Emotion in a box

:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

~~+~~

Mr. Flares Review

That was amazing

So let me start with some things here, as in the Salt!

SALT: So there is not much I can complain about the story, other then what might dieter some people away. Some of it was the actual style how it was presented. All one chapter and things like that. I loved it though. I would rather have it be one chapter then many.

That is about it for the salt though. The grammar was fantastic! 5/5, and the Presentation was flawless!

SUGAR:

Sweetness, that is what I can give this story. Ya, it may be short, but if it does not blow your mind.... then well I am sorry to say... you need to get out more.

The first thing I love is the Present Tense, now there are many stories that fail in the like. But this one just hits the spot. If you are going to do Present Tense, it needs to be presented and executed like this story.

The second thing was just in the Nightmares it self. It really grabbed onto you. Each night mare attacked each character to the core. Some examples are....

Twilight: Her books burning
Rainbow Dash: Being rejected by the Wonderbolts
AppleJack: Family insanity... I'll just put it like that. Did her dad really do that though? Rough, but great!
Rarity: Her sweat sister turning against her.
Pinkie Pie: Not the Fun she wanted, no not at all.
Fluttershy: Take away the one thing that gives her control in rough situations... that has to be hard. It is also much more then that too.

Then they all wake up, and cry at the exact same time!

Then when all is relieved
They are scared!

So to the summary.

Mood

It is consistent in terror. The darkness leaves for only so long to give hope. They wake up.... then it is back.

I found it smooth, and if there are any errors, you are so enamored in the story, you don't notice them. Thus, by logic, there are no errors.:trollestia:

Grammar

I found no errors, so 5/5. I don't give those lightly.

Style

If there is one thing IceboxFroggie is good at, it is getting into your head. You just have to let him, other wise it will hurt... allot! or, was that just me... I am not sure.....

With his given style, he put in the heart of fear into the characters, and by reading you can sympathetically feel that fear. As for me, I feel that fear about every morning I wake up. The dream puts so much guilt into me, I have not yet written it down. So when I say this story hits the spot, it does!

Well done Froggie well done

MASTERPIECE!!!!!

~~+~~

Grammar

5/5

Rating

{A Masterpiece!}

~Make Life an Adventure

Mr. Flare

Tidal
Group Admin

I love scary stories almost as much as sad stories, I will read :pinkiecrazy: