The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Tidal
Group Admin

So there comes a time where a story ends, and I have no idea how to react at the end. This was one of those times.

Tidal is here tonight with another sad story review on a beautiful story.

The story is called Setting Sun and its by Nightingale95

I have a short Commentary, since the story itself is short, and I wish to reveal no more details then what I have to.

Celestia writes one final letter to her student, Twilight Sparkle, with one very important message. Celestia is dying, and Twilight will be the one to take her place.

This is the description. Now I had a feeling this story would be sad... It does not disappoint. :fluttershysad:

Tomorrow, when the sun rises over Equestria, it will not be I who raise it.
With greatest love, and final farewell,
~Celestia

Boom. I was hit hard by the feels here. I didn't expect it, but my eyes got misty as Celestia said goodbye. :fluttercry:

End of short commentary.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REVIEW.

FEELS METER
It's the first story I've read yet to truly get a tear rolling down my face. I'm not at all embarrassed by it either. It's why I wanted to do these sad stories. I love when authors make me cry. 10 out of 10

MOOD
This story is straight sad. No gore or action, no other elements but sadness. As you read Celestia's final letter to Twilight you can almost imagine her smiling as she wrote it... she's not sad she's dying, she's glad she lived. Thanking Twilight for being the best student, and friend she's ever had. Then she's just gone. :pinkiesad2:

The only chapter is called A New Dawn... and that's what this story is! it's a new beginning. A new age for Equestria... You should have no problems being able to follow this story. Its written well, and while being a short one-shot not a single bit of it is rushed by any means.

GRAMMAR
I was searching for any grammatical errors while I was reading, and I was so excited when I saw how well the author did without any! Until I saw this:

I will lead Equesrtia into this new day.

But Its an easy fix. So I do believe this story needs a 5 out of 5.

STYLE
The story starts with Celestia's letter. She is so wise and powerful but after thousands of years she could not escape the cruel hand of death. She takes to time to message Twilight before she dies. Letting her know that Twilight is going to inherit her throne, and that she will always be in Twilight's heart. Then it changes to Twilight who is reading the letter for what is probably the millionth time. Imagine her reaction... That her teacher, her princess, her 2nd mother is dead. She is crushed...s*** I am crushed. but the author has her do what she does best. Fulfill her destiny.

The author made Celestia awesome, and you don't even see her! Just the way she wrote was so sad. Basically saying "My time is ending, but its ok" No tia! its not ok! :fluttercry: she also reveals one thing she always wanted that only Twilight was able to give to her and thanks for it. Which also made me get slightly emotional. Then Twilight sounds like she normally would. She was sad, worried, unsure... then she was ready to make Celestia proud. I praise the author writing so brilliantly for each character. Celestia not only thanks Twilight for everything she's done, she also pities Twilight for what she will lose, but she knows Twilight can handle it and after reading Celestia say it, Hell I believe it too.

I have to say so far this story has touched my heart the most so far. 10 out of 10 and is A MASTERPIECE! An amazing story earning a like, and favorite from me. It deserves more views.
I recommend this story to everypony. Everypony who wants to see the reign of Celestia end, and the reign of Twilight begin beautifully give this a read.

Rest in Harmony Celestia.

This has been another review from Tidal. The stories in this folder are getting sadder and sadder! Keep it up authors. I love it :twilightsmile:

"The stories in this folder are getting sadder and sadder!"

Without the right context, that sounds almost like an insult. :rainbowlaugh:

Bravo, Tidal!!

Tidal
Group Admin

2668875 You're totally right :rainbowlaugh: Lol its a good sad! Thanks for enjoying it :twilightsmile:

2668826 im so reading this.... its like getting ready to jump in a pool, you know its going to be cold but you really want to swim. So you stand nervously at the side of the pool working up the nerve to jump.... well im going in!

FamousLastWords
Group Admin

2668826 My best friend is the one who wrote this story in the middle of the night while we were talking. I'm so proud :twilightsmile:

Tidal
Group Admin

2669609 It is short... but so sweet. I loved it!

2669614 Well your friend brought tears to my eyes, pat them on the back for me!

Well... I never expected such high praise for this. I'm very happy that you to liked it:twilightsmile:

I hope you enjoy it:pinkiesmile:

:rainbowwild:

Tidal
Group Admin

Good stories deserve some praise :twilightsmile:

2669810 i read it, and, it was indeed, much like jumping in to a cold pool.... very refreshing. I loved it!

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

That ending!:raritycry:... It was so beautiful! :fluttercry:

Well done on the story, just.... whew... my tears are soaking my key board.

Tidal
Group Admin

2670029 Right?! I loved this story. I wanted to give it a masterpiece rating but I wanted to ask first since I don't think there has been one yet...

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

If you feel it deserves it, give it:pinkiesmile:

Tidal
Group Admin

2670167 It has been done :pinkiehappy: This story was a masterpiece in my eyes!

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Go ahead and make the Changes in your review. And.... I'll go make a Masterpiece folder. It will be all round, but we will stick those stories there as well.

Tidal
Group Admin

2670205 Awesome! It has been added to my review :twilightsmile:

I will lead Equesrtia into this new day.

Fixed:yay:
Thanks for pointing that out.

What happened?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Remember the days when this was how we reviewed the stories? Ya, I miss those days.

Tidal
Group Admin

3904547 I just Saw this!

I'll do you proud once again, boss!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20