The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Welp, let me present to y'all, The Pony Who Planted Trees, made by Speckle21.

Rated for Everyone.

...Allright, let's start. First, it's placed in an universe, where a huge war between different factions left the past Equestria as a huge wasteland. -I like how this starts! :pinkiecrazy:

*Aherm*. It's a simple three-chapter story, with more or less 2.3 K words each. First person, too. Sounds edible, right?

Ponified version of the classic story: The man who planted trees.

...Allright, based on another story. Meh, no troubles there, but if you read that first, you'll get an idea on what's coming.
(I haven't read that...)

Well then, let's start... again.

The war was over and peace had been declared in all of Equestria. But the effects of that conflict had devastated all the lands. Blood continued to leach from the bodies of many creatures and colored the rivers with a sickening reddish hue. The countryside was scarred deep from unicorn magic applied to military ends. Even the very sky above me was darker with clouds of soot and ash from fires, dust storms and volcanos, all weapons in our quest to destroy ourselves.

...:pinkiecrazy:!

...That's how the story begins. While the story goes, we're described a very vast wasteland. But, in the middle of everything, a forest sprouts. There, is where everything starts.

...Since I don't want to completely tell everything (And the fact that I'm too lazy to do so), I'll put what's important.

Mood - If you're concentrated enough on the story, you can feel the essence of the story. How the hopeless wasteland turns into something less wasteland-ish.

Grammar - From the three times I saw every chapter, only a few minor hits here and there, but it's still an excellent piece of grammar.

Style - Lot of description in first person, but somehow, it gets you in the right place. Dialog? Exactly two lines in the whole story, but many other things are said without it's need. And, the little surprice at the end helps a lot...

Rating - Read. It. NOW!

...And, that's it. I'm 100% sure that I did something wrong, but I don't really care b'out that, since this is my *Insert random number here* time doing a review. :scootangel:

2632396 Thanks for the review and the high score! :twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

i'm happy you noticed the two lines of dialog! :raritywink: And that you got a "feel" for the story, i'm glad my effort to create such a feeling came across like i wanted. I'm on the right track with my writing.:pinkiecrazy:

Thanks again for taking the time to review!:yay:

Anytime! And, I believe that it deserves it! :pinkiehappy:
...I loved every single part of 'Bloodbath' and 'Wasteland' there. Made me remember of Home.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3