The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Alright! here we go before I must head out to.... well life, Today I am going to read ^ as said above^ Do Ponies Dream of Pink Sheep? by: Slip Kid

So, as I look at the cover, and description I see...:pinkiegasp:.... A short description! In many ways its a good sign, for not giving to much of what the story has. In other ways, it could be a bad sign that the story is not so much as worth a read. I am going for the prior and am going to read on!

Description:

Pinkie Pie is having a good day; the sun is shining and the skies are clear. Why, then, does she feel like something is wrong?

.... and then there is a bit about how the story is inspired, and how it is approved by Celestia's Library.

It has only one tag, it being {Dark}.... well duh! of course its dark! that is my favorite genre (Did I even spell that right?:trixieshiftleft:)

So now to the story! Here we Go!

The one and only chapter with the same tittle as the story....

:trollestia:

: OK, starts out saying it was a good day, with a decent description of the joyous atmosphere. Classic

:, going into the next paragraph... I feel like it went a bit too quick to the ominous..... so I can already tell it will be fast paced. Hope you like fast paced stories guys.

:Seemingly empty building? OK, I'll take it.

: Well, its a good think Pinkie did not shout, you don't after all... want to wake the babies.

: Another Classic, Pinkie Pie taking over the Cake's shop.

:There is a break here, detailing that either the point of view has changed or some time has elapsed.
..... and its the time.... now into the late evening.

: Nothing to eventful in that day, just the nagging feeling that something was amiss. Then of to sleep, sweet dreams my dear Pinkie Pie.

: Her room completely changes while she was asleep... this could only mean two things. She did it in her sleep, or she is haunted. If I am wrong, good an ya mate.

: No reason to lock your home in Ponyville? Then why did you lock your door silly. (I know the answer to that:scootangel:)

: Interesting, striking fear into her friends hearts... then being treated like royalty.... (tyranny is the word rather.)

: When will she look in a mirror!:twilightangry2:

: Pinkie Pie... run out of energy? :wow:

:

: I stand corrected, its a faster pace, but not fast pace.

:And then it never happened, it was all a dream... or was it? Classic.

OK, so it was good. I regret nothing by reading this! Nothing at All.
So I do have some thoughts.

The beginning seamed to be a wee bit rushed, but that is ok because once the meat of the story was meet it evened out. Still though, through out the whole thing, It felt rushed. Guess I am the type of guy that likes a wee bit of detail. But the Detail that was needed was there, so thumbs up to you:facehoof: doh.... Hoofs up maybe?

For a dark story, it was there... the feeling of something amiss. Yet, it did not grasp the feeling like other things I read. Yet I regret nothing for reading this, I enjoyed it. It makes you think about what you do dream about.

I also enjoyed the sense of mystery in the whole thing. You somewhat got the Idea of what was going on, then a twist happens. Proving that in a dream, if it was a dream, anything can happen. ANYTHING!

So all in all, I give the story a rating from my scale
{I enjoyed it}

Thanks for your time everypony and I'll see you next time!

~Make Life an Adventure~
Mr. Flare:moustache:

:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2