The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

There's No Scientific Explanation for This!: By The Princess Rarity

Intro:
This is a short little fluffy story that has some pretty funny moments. It's cute and I just love Twilight and Discord's interaction! Well, there's not much else to say, so let me get right to the important part!

Grammar

Grammar is essential to a good story. Sometimes, even a tiny mistake can interrupt the flow of the story. Fortunately, that was not the case with There's No Scientific Explanation for This!

I don't think I saw any grammar issues, I mean it's near flawless! Seriously, I have nothing.

10/10

Style

I always find it harder to talk about style with shorter stories, but this one has a very nice one. It flows quite nicely, everything is described well, and it had pretty nice pacing.

My only gripe is that it was a little short, and it ending felt a little bit rushed near the end. Only a little though, it was still near perfect. Also, I want to applaud you for this.

The Spirit of Disharmony hesitated, raising a talon before he spoke up. "I wouldn't say I'm in love with you," he corrected. "That's going a bit far. Although, I won't deny I admire you. You're a talented soul, Twilight Sparkle, and I like your attitude. As fate would have it, I suppose I'm attracted to you."

I don't like it when in shipping stories, the main characters instantly love each other. This seems to happen a lot in oneshots, and I'm glad your story did not go for the 'You kissed me, you must must love me!' thing. This is much more realistic.

9/10

Narrative

There;s No Scientific Relationship for This! is about Twilight and Discord. It's a rainy day, and Twilight is going to relax by watching a movie. Discord is unfortunately bored, and decides to pay his alicorn friend a visit. Hijinks and fluffiness follows.

It's very well written. It's one of those stories that you can come back to every once in awhile. The story progresses smoothly, and nothing interrupts the story until you're finished with it.

Once again, I wish it was a little longer; but the story is still very nice as is. Again, I can't seem to find anything glaringly wrong with the story!

9/10

Characters

The main characters are Twilight Sparkle and Discord. They are both portrayed well, Twilight still not sure about Discord and if he's really reformed. Discord being chaotic without just making him do random things that don't add to anything.

Even when he's serious, it feels like it's sincere. Albeit out of place for the god of chaos. These characters do act like they would in the show, and this story even avoided the pitfalls of normal oneshot shipfics, in that they make the characters OOC for a little bit.

8/10

Originality

I would have to say this story is quite original. I haven't read any DiscoLight stories apart from this one, so I don't have much to go off of in that aspect. But TNSEFT takes an idea most shipfics have, and adds it own little twists. Whether it's the movie, the fact they both don't immediately love each other, and even the great interactions.

It's not incredibly unique, but it's different. It stands out and is all in all a great read.

8/10

Overall Score:

Grammar: 10/10

Style: 9/10

Narrative: 910

Characters: 8/10

Originality: 8/10

TOTAL SCORE: 44/50

Tips:
While it was very nice, there were a few parts, like Discord admitting his feelings, that were a little rushed. It's hard to perfectly balance a story, and this is really only a small thing to think about.

Personal Note
The Princess Rarity, I really enjoyed this story, it's cute and funny. Plus the characters are actually in character, I love it! Thanks for writing There's No Scientific Explanation For This! Keep on doing what you're doing.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Thank you! Well done!:pinkiehappy::moustache::yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2