The Shogunverse 12 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
Warwolf
Group Admin

Hey gang!

I've been thinking. This place needs a banner of its own. Sadly, I have NO skills whatsoever when it comes to artwork. Anyone want to take a stab at suggesting a banner? Or maybe designing one? Let's see what we can come up with.

How didn't I see this thread before?

Well, I'm not sure what would fit with this group in suggesting a banner, but I can definitely come up with something if you (or someone else) give me some pointers.

Warwolf
Group Admin

Pointers in what way?

And I dunno. I didn't even notice anyone had replied to it, so that's weird too.

General stuff, like what it should feature, if you want a title, or any sort of idea. Unfortunately I am ignoring really slowly reading up on your verse so I'm not sure what I could do that would make it state 'This is the Shogunverse'.

Warwolf
Group Admin

:rainbowlaugh: Oh so you've been ignoring it, huh? So the truth comes out! :trollestia:

Hmm. Well, the Shogunverse is a world of both high technology and ancient warrior traditions, as you can already tell from the original fic. I don't have any artwork of the Six themselves, or I'd have just used that. Maybe a title might be a good idea though. Along with a mix of ancient and futuristic structures?

*shrugs* I honestly don't know what would be the overall best thing for it. I just know it should reflect the world they come from.

Hmm. That's enough to give me a few ideas to work with. I'll try to get a few banners out and see what you like. I've got work and other stuff to deal with so I might not have a lot of time to focus on this this week, maybe this weekend though.

Any particular style you'd like? I'm mostly a minimalist sort of guy, but I can try doing something a little more detailed.

Warwolf
Group Admin

Hmm. No one style comes to mind at the moment. Detail is always welcome, but I'm whatever you can come up with is fine. :pinkiehappy: Thanks for volunteering to help, btw. :twilightsmile:

Alrighty then, I'll see what I can whip up. In the meanwhile, here's a couple of works of mine to demonstrate what I can do. Have any preference between the two styles (my original work vs manipulation of available assets)?

And it's no trouble really. Just need to find the time to work on this is all.

Warwolf
Group Admin

Either one works, really. I have to admit that the photomanip of Fluttershy and that tank is hilarious. :rainbowlaugh:

Heh, that's the cover of an upcoming oneshot (once I get to working on it proper). Consider it a teaser or some upcoming comedy. :derpytongue2:

Warwolf
Group Admin

Nice. Still waiting on more of Price of Generosity too. :pinkiecrazy:

Warwolf
Group Admin

That doesn't make sense. You're the one writing it! :twilightoops:

I'm waiting on more ideas and inspiration to keep writing it.

Silly goose.

Warwolf
Group Admin

I'm not a goose. I'm a wolf.

*barks and chases up a tree!*

Silly wolf, wolves don't bark--

Oh.

*Leaps into a lake*

Warwolf
Group Admin

*laughs maniacally. Also, jumps in and swims after!*

WHY ARE YOU CHASING ME.