The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Hello everyone! Welcome to this channel!

I know that this channel has been dead for years now and if I had been here when it was dying I would have tried to get it alive again, but now I'm finally here and I want to get it started.

Anyhow there will be no contest this month since it is mid month, but here are the ideas/ themes that I want you to vote on for next month.

Redemption.
Luna's Future

And here are the Genres you can vote for

Sad
Tragedy
Romance
Adventure
Slice of Life
Human
Equestria Girls
Comedy
Random

If there are no votes then I (or another Admin if they're still active, you should probably go to me first since I'm most active, but I am new... so there is that) will automatically choose for you.

Anyhow please do tell all of your friends, share online, post everywhere, because I want this channel to be alive again, ALIVE I SAY!

I'm gonna go ahead and vote romance right here. :heart:

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Okay then!

Total Tally:
Romance: 1

You know what? I am going to go make a Google and Gotoquiz.com polls of this.

(Also I/ We have 4 new members, yeah!)

hailspider
Group Admin

5745261 Voted! Glad to see this group getting back on its feet. :pinkiehappy:

Voted! Delighted to see this place waking up again! :yay:

Well now, this looks interesting. Count me in! :scootangel:

I voted for "Redemption" and "Drama". A tad unimaginative, I'll admit, but I think they'd make for a naturally intuitive pairing. Plus, I think it would be best as a starting point to ease into a revival, with something more inclusive (I myself have no interest in EqG, for example) and open-ended.

That said, "Luna's Future" looked really interesting. If it doesn't make the cut, could it be brought back for a follow-up?

Uh... :twilightoops: I think I just voted twice by accident. I went back to see what the results looked like, and the form came up again like it hadn't registered my answers the first time. I didn't even think it was a duplicate until after I'd done it. :facehoof: Thought you ought to know in case that goof affects the results. :twilightsheepish:

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin
Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

It looks like Redemption and Drama are the most popular voted (Mystery and Adventure tied)
But the poll does end at 3:00 (my time) on Jan 31. (Please don't ask why)

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Actually never mind, it ends on the last day of the month at midnight (e.g. Jan 31, 12:00 AM)
You can only vote once.
The official theme/ idea/ prompt is released on 1st day of month and submissions end on the last.
Judging begins after and voting for the next contest also happens too.

(Midnight when? Whatever time zone you're in of course).

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Announcement: The Votes are In!!!

Winner: Redemption and Drama

(Adventure and Comedy were 2 and 3 respectively)

So the theme to write about next month is Redemption (of any character even though villains would be better.)

And while not required you can only have the tags of Drama and Adventure (since Comedy wouldn't fit in well with redemption.)

And you can do ONE or the OTHER or BOTH instead.

Anyhow, that's all for now, but Contest Submissions start February 1st and end February 28th .

There is no upper limit to how long the stories can be, but we would highly recommend that the story be complete at the time of submission for more accurate and better results. Incomplete, Cancelled, or In-Hiatus stories may not be punished by the other admins, but they will by me.

You have been warned.

Good luck, and may the best person win!!!

Whoa, sudden schedule change. I was expecting the vote to continue unto the end of the month. I see from here that it was a result of inactivity and wanting to give us time to prepare. Since this is effectively a reboot, I suppose it's OK to be more flexible, but I admit it's somewhat unexpected.

In any case, a complete redemption story tagged Adventure and Drama, huh? All right. On to the drawing board. :coolphoto:

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

No, it can be ONE or the OTHER or BOTH.

I think I might have misunderstood. Doesn't "a complete redemption story tagged Adventure and Drama" count as both (as in both genres)?

Silver Inkwell
Group Admin

Yes, yes it does.

Ah, I see. You meant that it wasn't compulsory. Apologies for the misunderstanding. For a moment, I thought I'd missed something.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18