The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
hailspider
Group Admin

I'll be promoting this one elsewhere, in the hopes of actually getting some entrants this time.
I know that this is early, but it's in part to make up for the lack of an August contest.
The theme's "self-righteousness" and as usual can be interpreted however you please.
There are no genre restrictions, and no rating restrictions.
As is usual, the minimum word count is 1000, and there's no maximum.
The deadline's September 30th at midnight, Eastern Standard Time.

I am sorry, but i am not sure what self-righteousness means. Can anyone put it into simplier terms for me. I am sorry if i have trouble understanding what it is. :(

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

self-right·eous
adjective
adjective: self-righteous
having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

hailspider
Group Admin

4653574 Thanks; I didn't notice their post.

So, in other words, that person thinks he/she is better than everyone else?

hailspider
Group Admin

4653648 Generally speaking, yes.

4653484 As with all the contests on Fimfiction, I'll promote this one on my user page in an attempt to get you more contenders. Good luck!

hailspider
Group Admin

I would like to apply for the September 2015 contest. How would I do that?

hailspider
Group Admin

4667488 You write a story and put it in the group's September 2015 folder. It's that simple. Or if the story isn't published, PM a link to the document to me.

Where is the folder? How would I put it in?

hailspider
Group Admin

4667520 The in-group method (there's another way, from the story page itself, but I won't be going over that one!):

Click the "Stories" button, then click on the folder I highlighted.

Then click on the folder I highlighted here; it's the folder for this month's contest.

Click "Add story" and select the story you want to add.

Got it! Thanks so much!:twilightsmile:

Does my story have to be finished?

hailspider
Group Admin

4681959 No; it just has to be complete enough that you feel it's ready to be judged.

I might not be able to be in the contest because of school. I am sorry :(

4653484 3289767 It is done. :twilightsmile:

I hereby present the first entry for this competition: The story
It's not published yet because I'm still waiting for the cover art.

4653484 I noticed that the link to my story still points to my GDoc instead of the published story. The published version can be found here:
Celestia Visits Nightmare Moon

I can't wait to see the results of this contest.

hailspider
Group Admin

5088673 It's not necessarily a bad story, but I don't particularly like it or find it particularly engaging.

5089825 Yay! The judges are reading the entries. It can't be long now before the results are announced.

Does your reluctance toward the story mean that I lost the competition? I was really hoping to impress you... I've reread this story, at least, hundred times, improving it with each read-through. I used all the writing tools I could think of on it. Even had some people look over it. I had an artist draw not just one, but two cover arts for it.

You're the judge, though. You're the only one in the position to pick the winner of this competition. When do you think we can expect the results of your verdict for this competition?

hailspider
Group Admin

5091538 As far as I can tell, there aren't any other entries, so you didn't really lose or win.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21