The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
hailspider
Group Admin

This is my first contest here; I hope it's a good one.

Prompt: It can be easy to forget who you really are.

All entries are due by 12:00pm May 31st (EDT)
All entries must PM a Fimfiction or GDocs link in order to qualify. I don't really have any sort of preference, but Fimfiction links mean I can just pop entries into the folders.
Maximum Length: 50,00 words. The story does not have to be complete, but an incomplete story will almost certainly score lower.

Grading will use the normal scale, a.k.a. this one:

Fitting the Prompt: 10pts

Quality of idea: 5pts

Execution of idea: 10pts

Spelling/grammar/punctuation: 5pts

All entries will be posted to the group's front page and put in the May 2015 Contest folder. The winner also gets put into the Contest Winners folder. Each entry will get a review from me explaining the assigned scores.

I think that just about covers everything. If you have any questions, PM me or directly reply to this post.
Hopefully this can get some more activity here!

Interesting prompt. I'll have to seriously consider this one.

I have two questions:

1.) What is the minimum/maximum length requirement/restriction?

2.)

June 2014

Huh? :applejackconfused: (I'm sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.)

hailspider
Group Admin

4321957 1. Added.
2. Fixed.

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Oh, yeah. Probably should have made that introduction post when I promoted you. Probably would have made it more obvious that this was an official group contest.

Welp. Guess I'll send in the group promotion now so I don't forget. Kind of helps if people know we're not dead anymore.

4321871 Challenge accepted. Dis gon b good. And also very twisted.

4321871 Like with all the contests on Fimfiction, I'll promote this one on my user page in attempt to get you more contenders.

Sounds interesting, challenge accepted. One question though, how do you PM on here, I've never figured that out.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4386126 4322799 4322324 4321957 Just a bit of news. Achromatique lost interest in the fandom recently, so I'm taking over as judge for the contest. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. If you have an entry, please send me a link for it.

alright good to know.

4402149 I'm sorry, but I have to withdraw from the contest. I have to start working on my main stories again, which I have neglected in recent events. Maybe next month.

I may end up submitting something I've been banging out on my keyboard, but it just depends on how much I'm able to polish it up before I leave for training.

OK here is my entry link.Submission

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4416505 Thanks for letting me know.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4416505 4406671 Results and stuff are in.
For Those We Love by BronyAnonymous.
Fitting the prompt: 6/10. This felt far more about Shining Armor doubting himself than forgetting who he was. That isn't saying that it didn't fit the prompt, something else was simply the main focus.
Quality of Idea: 4/5. I thought it was an interesting idea that could go places.
Execution of Idea: 8/10. Felt good, maybe a bit rushed, but nothing terrible.
Punctuation/Grammar/Spelling: 4/5. Just a few spots that miss punctuation.
Overall: 20/30.

I Can't Remember Who I Am by Turtle Wolf
Fitting the Prompt: 9/10. This fit the prompt in a very literal sense, which is not a bad thing.
Quality of Idea: 2/5. Not exactly my favorite idea for a story, but it's just my tastes.
Execution of Idea: 5/10. Execution is a bit lacking. It feels rushed, with us not getting enough time to understand who our characters are.
Punctuation/Grammar/Spelling: 3/5. There is some your/you're mix-up, along with missing apostrophes. You also have some missing commas.
Overall: 19/20.

If either of you feel that I have judged unfairly or incorrectly, please let me know.

Wow i did better ten I thought, yay.

I can certainly live with that. Though I am surprised that there were only two entries.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19