The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

May is finally here! It'll finally start to look like spring, instead of some season of dirt and puddles.

Since it's a new month, it's time for a new contest. Let's see what kind of prompt I can cook up...

Ah! Here we go:

Prompt: Applejack finds an orange in one of her apple trees.

Just as a reminder, the normal rules apply. No upper limit on wordcount, but it must be at least 1,000 words. The story must fit within the Teen or Everyone ratings.

All entries are due by May 31 at 11:59p.m. EDT. All entries must PM a Fimfiction or GDocs link in order to qualify. I don't really have any sort of preference, but Fimfiction links mean I can just pop entries into the folders.

Grading will use the normal scale, a.k.a. this one:
Fitting the Prompt: 10pts
Quality of idea: 5pts
Execution of idea: 10pts
Spelling/grammar/punctuation: 5pts

All entries will be posted to the group's front page and put in the May 2014 Contest folder. The winner also gets put into the Contest Winners folder. Each entry will get a review from me (and possibly IceboxFroggie) explaining the assigned scores.

I think that just about covers everything. If you have any questions, PM me or directly reply to this post. If you just post to the thread, I probably will not see it, since notifications are broken.

Good luck, everyone, and have fun!

I opened a new document for planning and sat there for about half an hour unable to come up with anything. Obviously, the evil forces in the universe are conspiring against me and my creative process.

...or it could be that I haven't slept in three days. It could be that, but I still think the universe is against me.:pinkiecrazy:

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Clearly, the universe is just preventing you from sleeping, so you can fall apart on your own. :rainbowwild:

Seriously, though, get some sleep. It's worth losing a third of your day if that makes the remainder more productive and less aggravating.

I literally can't. Insomnia, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Dysfunction, Sleep Apnea, and Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder prevent me from doing so and also prevent medicines from working. I just work until I literally pass out from exhaustion. I can't sleep any other way.

I still blame the universe.:raritycry:

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Ick. That sucks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5