The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

I apologize about the delay. A lot of things came up, and I'll do my best to prevent delays in the future.

I did actually do something in that time, mind you. I've made GDoc files summarizing my grades of both entries. Links are to those files.

In first place:
Playnwin's The End of the Crusade with a score of 24/30!

In second place:
Silent Strider's Eternal Crusader with a score of 17/30.

Thank you to both contestants, and congratulations to Playnwin! Both entries will be featured on the front page and will be added to the appropriate folders.

To tell the truth, I almost didn't submit my entry. As you certainly noticed, I got sidetracked badly, and when the bit dropped I had no time to bring the fic back to where I wanted it to be :facehoof:

And then I kept wondering if it was better to submit something I wasn't really happy with, or to go back on my promise to submit a fic to the contest :twilightoops: I kept editing it until nearly the last minute in an attempt to have something I considered, at least, presentable.

At least my fic for the current contest is coming along better. It also got sidetracked badly — it was supposed to be an light headed adventure one, now it's shaping up to be a more serious slice of life one — but at least the sidetracking doesn't push it away from the prompt this time :scootangel:

BTW, would you mind waiting a bit before publishing my fic? I want to make a pass at the punctuation, at least, before bringing it to FIMFiction, but I won't have time to do so until the weekend.

Also, thanks for the review :twilightsmile:

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Okay, that's fine. I'm glad you submitted, regardless. Always worth a shot, right? :raritywink: Just PM me the link when it's published and I'll add it to the folder.

I'm looking forward to this month. I think the last prompt was a little too easy to stray from. This month, I shouldn't need to deduct many points for that.

Wow I won!:pinkiegasp:
Wow, only two contestants...:facehoof:

3116490 Yeah, I have 10 000 words written, but the ending just didn't come out as I wanted it to, regrettably. Even though I didn't finish it in time, I'm glad to have written those words, and I think I'll eventually be able to finish that story.

Congrats on first place. I'm definitely going to read both stories when I get some time.

Thanks! Honestly, I knew thought I wouldn't win, partly because of all the peoples' responses saying they would enter, partly due to my lack of experience, and partly because you said you were entering. I hope to someday read that unfinished piece!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6