MLP: Hard Analysis & Criticism 257 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Story by Jeremy Whitley

Art by Andy Price

Colors by Heather Breckel

Letters by Neil Uyetake

Edits by Riley Farmer

Wow, the amount of self-patting in the backs is off the charts here.

This is gaslighting at its finest.

We live in a society in which people prefer to act as manchildren when faced with harsh reviews rather than learn from it.

True. Also, Spike wrote those comics when he was little, so why didn't he do more research into what actually happened when he got older? What writer in their right mind publishes stuff from when they were kids without doing editing, rewriting, and research afterward? The fanboy strawman claimed and had solid proof that he was a scholar of Princess Twilight. That means Spike could have talked to a scholar and gotten his facts checked. Either Spike is being disingenuous, lazy, or both.

What confuses me is, what genre are Spike's comics? Are they historical fiction? A fictional biography? Something else? The Fanboy acts as if the comics lied about what happened along with the inconsistencies, so did Spike not make it clear that was made up? Or would Spike's comics be considered fanfiction? I know this is meant to jab at critical fans of the comics, but I'm thinking about the implications of this page in-universe.
As for those other stories, Spike could have rewritten those boring ones that never made the cut and made them more interesting. It's not like he's above making things up.

The bottom line, these people want cheerleaders, not people who care about their work.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5