Las Pegasus Tribune: Fiction Illumination 50 members · 116 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

First things first, I wish to apologise for my unfair, inexplicable lack of action with this group. The truth of the matter is that I really could not find the motivation to continue making features. This is not to say that the stories featured on the Las Pegasus Tribune were not worthy, or that I'd lost the will to read them, heck no; it's far more to do with the fact that what LPT did for stories, while valiant, simply resulted in next-to-no difference in story exposure. The site was never popular to begin with and we never got off the ground, really.

That said, there's another announcement I need to make: The Las Pegasus Tribune is indefinitely cancelled. All of the site admins and contributors (myself included) have decided to call it a day on the site. There were too many problems with staff's real world commitments not aligning with the site's requirements. We're all sort of leaving school, or starting families, or even just leaning toward other things.

I will be deleting all stories from the "recommended for featuring" folder (both of them) and deleting the folders as well. There's no more point trying to submit stories for featuring, which is a darn shame because a few of you have only started doing so a few weeks ago.

We can end on one final, bittersweet point here. Since the last post, two more stories have been featured on Equestria Daily since their LPT features:

Keeper of the Crystal Heart by Yours Truly: Feb 20
Is Today the Day? by Theforrealdeal: April 3

If any stories featured on LPT do make it to EqD that you happen to catch, please do let me know and I shall chuck it in the "graduates" folder. But for now, indefinitely, we say farewell to the Las Pegasus Tribune. It was great fun and I got to meet a whole lot of you, including some people I now speak to on a regular basis. Although Fiction Illumination is no more, what happened when it was active has certainly altered my life, at least. At the end of the day, I'm just a regular dude whose eye your stories managed to catch. Thanks for writing them, I have enjoyed every one and continue to enjoy many of your progressive works since discovery.

Keep writing, keep up the fun. :heart:
Adren

I was wondering about that, actually. I haven't seen a LPT feature in a while. Glad I decided to click that group button.

Whelp..
It was a fun run, saw two of my fics gain its ranks! And yet, I'd be lost without you, Ceru. Please don't think you've done nothing, because you've been there from the start. It's sad that everything is falling away, but I'll still be here to recommend and write awesome stuff for you and everyone else.

I'd like to say that without your Illuminations, I'd be a fair bit smaller on Tia!'s view count. I had a few who said they came directly from your posts to see my work. That's flattering in the highest regard. I'm honored you counted me among the few and respect the group's choice to step down. However, I don't feel that the group should be "deleted". Many of those folders, while not perused so much, still hold a plethora of good fics. So what if you don't update them? The stories shouldn't deserve the removal from a group because its parent site disbands.

Personally, I'd say to rename the group into something like "Fiction Illumination" and that way, it has no say in LPT relations. That way, we get to keep group status and still enjoy the fics. Hell, you could take on a few mods to encourage participation besides yourself. I believe that they should stay, tried and true.

However you decide will have to be dealt with no matter what, but I think that even with group posts down, we shouldn't just erase an era of awesome! And there may be stories that LPT was the only group it posted in, and now it'll be once-again without exposure. I hope you consider these points when making final decisions.
~Dash The Stampede

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Well, I'm glad I could make some impact on people :heart:
Oh, I'm not deleting the group, only the submission folders. The featured folders and links in the forum posts will most definitely be staying. So will the actual site, it just won't be updating.
Hope this answers your worries :twilightsmile:

See, that should've been mentioned! The way you wrote it, it sounded like you were gonna delete it all, but I feel this is more appropriate. It's sad to see it fade, but maybe you'll stop by and recommend a fic to another friend someday!
:pinkiesad2:
I look forward to hearing of your future endeavors in life and the such.

A great run, my mate, I do insist.
:ajsmug:

~Dash The Stampede

3172796 Ach, that's too bad.

But hey, life's what happens when you're living. That's what my mum always says anyway.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6