Earth 52 11 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
cornholio4
Group Admin

This is a new thread for those with ideas on future stories which are adaptations of DC comic storylines from either the comics or movies and TV shows. i can't think of any for the moment but this is here just in case you do.

These aren't direct adaptation ideas, but they DO draw inspiration FROM the comics and/or TV shows, but here it goes:

Sweetie Belle's first case as Filly-Be-Goode (told in flashback) could involve helping Rarity/Mare-Do-Well against an extortionist who just happens to be their parents' killer (the extortionist/murderer would be an OC mixture of Joe Chill and Tony Zucco)

There could also be a story that involves Twilight facing a villain so powerful that she needs to master all seven power rings in order to gain the power she needs to defeat said villain (this would be VERY loosely based on the comic book story where Kyle Rayner masters all seven rings and becomes the White Lantern)

Now, I'm not going to have the time and energy to do these stories myself, but I AM putting them up for anybody who likes the ideas enough and DOES have the required amount of time and energy.

Here's another couple of storyline adaption ideas:

The Mare-Do-Well resigns from the Super Friends of Equestria following an argument involving a friend who gets captured by a foreign dictator (the Super Friends are unable to step in for fear of causing an international incident). In trying to rescue said friend on her own, the Mare-Do-Well ends up teaming up, by sheer chance, with Frightening Lightning, Metamorpho and three other, less experienced heroes (one of whom is the prince/rightful heir to the throne of the realm the dictator has seized control over and has been given super-powers by one of the realm's leading scientists). This, of course, would be an adaption of the Outsiders' origin story from the comics.

A feline-themed master thief called the Catstallion has been striking all over Ponyville and Canterlot and Mare-Do-Well and Green Lantern (all the OTHER members of the SFoE are already on other cases) team up to try to capture him. . However, this master thief has stumbled onto a scheme masterminded by an international terrorist which he has to team up with the Mare-Do-Well and Green Lantern to stop. (this, of course, would be an adaption of the "Batman: the Animated Series" 2-part pilot featuring Catwoman and Red Claw, albeit guest-starring Green Lantern)

Supermare has to deal with Mister Mxyzptlk, a 5th dimension imp who was once mentored by (and is as powerful as) Discord himself (inspired by pretty much all of the "Superman's first clashes with Mxyzptlk" stories in the comics AND cartoons).

I hope these help even a little.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3