Earth 52 11 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37

Hello there. As the title suggests, this thread is for sharing possible future casting ideas in the event you do decide to keep this going.

For example:

Spitfire/Captain Atom: Captain of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire got caught in an energy wave unleashed by a powerful villain that the Super Friends of Equestria happened to be fighting. As a result of the energy wave, Spitfire ended up gaining a hundredfold increase in her strength, speed and durability as well as the ability to shoot powerful blasts of atomic fire from her forehooves.

This is just to test the proverbial waters. If this works, I'll share more ideas (and invite others to share THEIR ideas).

cornholio4
Group Admin

4345902 not that big a fan of captain atom but that might work

Thanks. And, I understand. Anyway, here are another possible ideas:

Zecora/Frightening Lightning (Black Lightning): In this universe, Zecora gains potent electrical powers (i.e. shooting lightning bolts from her forehooves and generating an electrical force field) from an accident involving one of her potions.

A.K. Yearling/Daring Do/Metamorpho: A world class adventurer who, at a point following the first adventure of the Super Friends of Equestria, ends up getting exposed to the rays of a mysterious orb that grants her increased strength and longevity as well as the ability to transform herself into any metal, mineral, chemical or combination there of.

And for the bad guys:

Ultra Flim Flam Brothers (Flim and Flam sharing the role of the Ultra-Humanite): The two con stallions end up gaining greatly increased intelligence, as well as immensely boosted telekinesis and limited, but potent, telepathic abilities from one of their experimental formulas. Their principal nemeses are Supermare and Superfilly (as well as Cyborg to a lesser extent), but they have had hassles with the rest of the Super Friends of Equestria on occasion.

and Axis Powers (an OC unicorn based on Captain Nazi): An old enemy of the Justice League of Equestria (Equestria 52's FIRST super-hero team) who was cryogenically frozen until the present day, Axis Powers was a soldier for a now-defunct organization dedicated to overthrowing Celestia. Highly trained, Axis Powers is a master of hoof-to-hoof combat, an expert with a wide range of weapons, an extremely cunning tactician and a very good escape artist in addition to his unicorn magic being trained to allow him to fire potent concussive blasts and temporarily make his coat as durable as foot-thick reinforced steel . Granted super-powers via super-top secret scientific experiments, Axis Powers has super-equine intelligence (his already-highly trained mind amplified a thousandfold by the experiments), telekinetic abilities equal to those of a thousand above-average (but not super-equine) unicorns (which makes his already-potent concussive blasts even MORE powerful), the strength and durability of a thousand average Earth ponies and the flying and weather control abilities of a thousand average pegasi. He has a dark green coat, blue eyes, a blonde mane and tail, a blood red cape and a Cutie Mark in the shape of a black Panzer tank. He is mostly an enemy of Captain Alicorn nowadays but HAS had clashes with Green Lantern and Trixie Gold.

Again, I hope you don't mind these ideas and I profusely apologize if you do.

And here's another couple of possible casting ideas:

Dinky/Miss Martian (you already did the origin for the most part, save for maybe Dinky deciding to try to help out her mother as a super-heroine herself at some point).

Winnoa the Superdog (Winnoa as Krypto the Superdog, but with Streaky's TV origin): Winnoa started out as a (relatively) normal dog until she got hit by a mysterious ray that was bounced off Supermare. As as a result, Winnoa ended up getting her mistress's powers copied onto her. However, since her powers came from Supermare, Coltronite has the same effect on Winnoa that it does on Supermare and Superfilly)

Pipsqueak/Captain Alicorn Junior (Captain Marvel Jr.): During a fight with Green Lantern and Captain Alicorn, Aixs Powers ends up getting knocked all the way to Ponyville and ends up trying to take Pipsqueak hostage to keep the two heroes at bay. However, Captain Alicorn managed to use super-speed and telekinesis to get the colt safely out of the super-villain's grasp. Though Axis Powers attempted a magic strike at Captain Alicorn and the colt he just rescued, Green Lantern used her own magic as well as her power ring to block the blast. The shield ended up converting the portions of the magic strike that made it through the shield so that it would end up copying reduced scale versions of Captain Alicorn's powers onto Pipsqueak (though Pipsqueak says "Captain Alicorn" instead of "Shazam" to transform into super form). Pipsqueak's Captain Alicorn Jr. form greatly resembles his normal form other than, well, Pipsqueak's super-form having both wings and a horn, 20% increased muscle mass, a lightning bolt Cutie Mark and a red cape. Even though CAJ (as Pipsqueak's super-form is sometimes nicknamed) is only five percent as powerful as Captain Alicorn, that's still enough power to make him fifty times stronger, faster and tougher than a world class adult athlete, able to fly in excess of Mach 3, shoot lightning from his forehooves and levitate more than two tons.

And here is still another possible couple of future casting ideas:

Cheese Sandwich/Golden Accordion (Black Canary): Possessing both a hypnotically good singing voice AND a specially built accordion that can generate powerful sonic waves, the Golden Accordion serves the side of justice and has a painfully obvious crush on Pinkie Pie/the Pink Pi-Er.

And, for some more bad guys:

The Ultra-Enemies of Equestria (the Crime Syndicate): A group comprised of evil versions of several of the Super Friends of Equestria from another universe, the Ultra Enemies rule their home universe with an iron hoof despite the frequent attempts by their enemies (good guy versions of several of the Super Friend's foes). The team consists of Ultramare (who has the same powers as Supermare, but is much more ruthless AND has the added benefit of Coltronite actually making her STRONGER), the Mare-Do-Rotten (a criminal counterpart to Rarity who is just as skilled and smart and dresses in an outfit that looks like a yellow, red and black version of the Mare-Do-Well's), Speed Fiend (a criminal counterpart to the Dash who has the same super-speed PLUS the ability to turn temporarily invisible and/or intangible at well), Power Ring (the leader of the team and the supreme ruler of her world; her power ring is marginally more powerful than Green Lantern simply because Power Ring's ring does NOT have the yellow weakness [she is also better at hoof-to-hoof combat AND combat magic because she trained extra-hard to usurp her world's Celestia]), the Olymponian (Wonder Mare's counterpart; she is as powerful as Wonder Mare and Captain Alicorn COMBINED, but is both much more ruthless AND a shameless flirt, depending on whether the situation calls for either brute force or charm [she got the Wonder Mare powers by being a skilled and ruthless enough warrior to impress her world's chief war god and she got the Captain Alicorn power by seducing her universe's Discord until she could steal the power]) and the Crimson Cake Boss (Pink Pi-Er's counterpart; unlike her counterpart, she tosses cakes instead of pies AND mixes powerful poisons in the cakes she tosses).

Again, I hope this helps and I profusely apologize if it doesn't.

cornholio4
Group Admin

4348566 thanks and I just thought of a new casting choice myself
For the reverse flash or in this case reverse dash: Lightning dust

cornholio4
Group Admin

4347028 yeah the previous super team idea is possible since in the first chapter of shazam the origin of captain alicorn, I did establish there was a previous age of superheroes

cornholio4
Group Admin

4348566 oh yeah I did say the team name in the story
Also a coinceadence, I was also thinking of making cheese sandwich black canary

Thanks very much for the responses back. :-D And, yeah, Lightning Dust makes an EXCELLENT Reverse Dash. :-D

Here is another possible villain:

Starlight Glimmer as a mixture of Ra's al Ghul and Amazo (she has mastered some pretty powerful magic that not only greatly increases her longevity [she looks to be a young adult, but is actually several centuries old], but also allows her to duplicate the abilities and equipment of any metapony within her immediate area [even several of them at a time] so she can fight even the most powerful beings on completely equal footing). A chrismatic cult leader obsessed with equality, Starlight Glimmer's principal enemies are the Mare-Do-Well and Filly-Be-Goode (mainly because they're just about the only two heroes who can fight her without making her even stronger [owing to them having no metapony abilities or futuristic technology for her to copy]).

Hey there. Just thought of another couple of possible ideas:

Twilight (Generation 1)/Green Lantern I (the pre-New-52 Alan Scott Green Lantern; Twilight Sparkle's grandmother and a founding member of the Justice League of Equestria more than 40 years earlier; her ring is similar to those of her granddaughter, except that its weakness is wood, not yellow)

Firefly (Generation 1)/Dash I (the pre-New-52 Jay Garrick Flash; Rainbow Dash's grandmother and another founding member of the Justice League of Equestria; she has the same super-speed powers as her granddaughter, except she gained them from a chemical accident)

Once more, I hope you DO like the ideas. If not, I profusely apologize for wasting your time.

Oh, and one more possible idea I just now got:

Opalence as Le Kitty Extraordinare (Ace the Bathound, except she is a cat; like the Krypto cartoon's version of Ace, she refers to herself as Rarity/Mare-Do-Well's partner instead of pet)

Again, I hope you don't mind the idea and I profusely apologize if you do. :-D

I don't know if you already cast Tirek as the Pony of Shadows or not, cornholio4, but if you didn't, he could make an excellent mixture of Vandal Savage and the Parasite (an old enemy of the Justice League of Equestria who has not only immortality, but also the ability to drain the energy and memories of other sentient beings).

cornholio4
Group Admin

4351359 Tirek was already defeated int he backstory but his remains did help form the pony of shadows

Oh yeah. That's right (sheepish grin). I appreciate the reminder. Thanks very much. Here's another possible couple:

Queen Chrysalis as Clayface (basically a permanently powered and more ambitious version of the Matt Hagen version) with some elements of Vandal Savage (mostly due to being an evil immortal and a possible old enemy of the world's previous super-hero team)

Suri Polomare as Thomas Elliot/Hush

Again, I hope this helps

Hey there. Got some more casting ideas for this series:

Color Spectrum (an OC unicorn stallion with a bright rainbow colored coat and a bright red, yellow and blue mane and tail and a painting easel for a Cutie Mark. In addition to well-above-average telekinesis [which allows him to generate reasonably strong force fields around himself or others] and moderate telepathy [which allows him to manipulate the emotions of other beings], he can also fire powerful beams of heat (bright red) and cold (bright blue) as well as generate blinding flashes (bright yellow). He also has a "radar/sonar" spell that allows him to "see" reasonably well [except for color] without actual eyesight. He has an obsessive love of color and an equally obsessive hatred of Filly-Be-Goode [who, during her first fight with him, caused him to be unable to see his beloved colors]) as a stand-in for Crazy Quilt (with elements of the Rainbow Raider)

Precision Timing (an Earth Pony OC whose special talent is organization and planning things out to the split second. He is a white-coated stallion with a black mane and tail and a silver clock for a Cutie Mark. He is a master planner with a wide variety of time-piece themed gadgetry and an obsessive hatred of the Pink Pi-Er, whose randomness is a never-ending source of frustration for him and whose knack for Karmic Trickery always foils his carefully laid plans) as a stand-in for the Clock King.

Here's another few ideas:

Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk all sharing the role of the Music Meister

The Gentlestallion Spook (an OC Unicorn stallion ghost who is entirely white [including coat, mane and tail] and dresses in an entirely white tuxedo, cape and top hat. Has all of the standard ghost type abilities [automatic invisibility, intangibility and flight plus the ability to temporarily possess the bodies of the living] in addition to magical abilities nearly on a par with those of Starswirl the Bearded. A well-mannered, but extremely ambitious criminal who has been dead for more than a century [though that doesn't exactly mean much to a ghost], the Gentlestallion Spook is a longtime enemy of Hawkstallion, as well as several of his teammates in the Justice League of Equestria. So far, the Gentlestallion Spook's only real weaknesses seem to be magic on AT LEAST the levels of Celestia herself and the Nth Metal that makes up the majority of Hawkstallion's arsenal) as an Equestria 52 counterpart to the Gentleman Ghost.

The Fear Brewer (an OC zebra stallion who dresses up in crimson and black cloaked armor and employs special potions to cause his victims to experience illusions reflecting intensified images of their worst fears) as a stand-in for the Scarecrow (though the costume is more inspired by the Reaper; albeit minus the retractable blades and built-in guns)

Again, I hope this helps and, if not, I profusely apologize for wasting your time.

cornholio4
Group Admin

4370046 may do your ideas at some point but please Stop apologising for wasting time if I do not like the ideas, you are not wasting anyone's time as I asked for the ideas and I liked the majority of the ones you have come up with

cornholio4
Group Admin

4349258 I don't know about adding amazo int he mix but I think I will make starlight the ras as ghul of this universe

4405859 Yeah. I can understand that. And thanks.

4405855 Well, okay. I'll try to stop apologizing. Anyway, I don't know if you have any plans for Grogar (Generation 1 villain) or not, but if you don't, he might make for a good cross between Mongul and the Parasite.

Plus here's a possible one for the good guys:

Little Strongheart as Apache Chief (Buffalo Princess; she gains the ability to grow to up to fifteen times her normal size with the appropriate increase in proportionate strength and durability).

Once more, I hope this helps, at least a little.

cornholio4
Group Admin

After seeing amending fences, does anyone know what role moon dancer can play
Preferably a hero and not a villain

Hey there. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I was forced to rely on a pretty outdated laptop for several months. Anyway, I have two possible ideas for a hero role for Moondancer:

Either Brainiac Five (if you have her being from the future) or Raven (of the Teen Titans)

Does either one of those sound like a good role?

cornholio4
Group Admin

4931870 Raven sounds like a good idea

4932270 Yeah. Thanks for liking that idea. :-D

Anyway, here is another possible casting idea:

Jonathan Steelhooves: A large, muscular Earth Pony stallion scientist with a red mane and tail, a sky blue coat and a Cutie Mark consisting of both a black barbell and white test tube (actually Bon-Bon/Sweetie Drops's biological maternal grandfather) who, 60 years ago, discovered a formula that permanently increased his strength, speed, agility, durability, stamina and senses to 500 times peak equine and slowed down his aging twentyfold (which means he's only aged three years out of the 60 since he's discovered the formula [he only looks to be 28 when he is actually 85]). Unfortunately, the ingredients he used were so rare that he could only make one batch (which he used on himself). He was the only metapony adventurer to pre-date the members of the Justice League of Equestria (though he operates as a secret agent as opposed to a super-hero per-say [which means he does not wear a flashy costume and none of his adventures ever reached the public eye]). Basically an OC stand-in for Arn "Iron" Munro (who was a Post-Crisis/pre-New 52 stand-in for the Golden Age Superman).

Personality wise, Jonathan is highly intelligent, quite courageous, fiercely loyal to his friends and family and extremely dedicated to his job, but also surprisingly humble. In fact, he is both smart enough AND humble enough to have no problem with the fact his adventures never reach the public eye despite the amount of time and energy he put into his missions. Despite his dedication to his job, he also genuinely enjoys assorted mundane activities in the private time he spends with his family and friends.

As a side note, the metagene created by Steelhooves' formula has been passed down to his granddaughter Bon-Bon, which is how she gained her own super-powers, even if entirely different powers from those of her grandfather (I seem to remember reading something somewhere else you were mentioning something about Lyra and Bon-Bon being this universe's Fire and Ice; plus Steelhooves being a secret agent himself makes sense concerning Bon-Bon's own secret agent past mentioned in "Slice of Life").

Did I read that stuff about Lyra and Bon Bon being Fire and Ice correctly?

cornholio4
Group Admin

4932623 okay and I like the idea but I know nothing about iron Munro

4932655 That's perfectly all right. In all honesty, concerning that particular character, I, myself only know what I've read about him on Wikipedia.

Anyway, I just had a thought for a possible villain:

The wife of Filthy Rich and mother of Diamond Tiara, Spoiled Rich was foalnapped by scientists who used to be in the employ of her husband, but were fired for a few too many failures. Thus, the foalnapping was motivated by revenge against Filthy for firing them and revenge against Spoiled for all the stuff the scientists endured from her before they were fired. For further revenge, the scientists used Spoiled as an equine test subject for some sick experiments. As a result of these experiments, Spoiled Rich gains a certain degree of super-equine strength, durability, speed and agility (though NOT at anywhere near Coltronian levels [Spoiled's strength, speed, agility and durability is "only" twenty times peak equine]), plus retractable insectoid wings that allow her to fly faster than the average Pegasus (but still slightly slower than the speed of sound) when she has them out, forehoof spinnets that allow her to shoot out webbing about as strong as that of an equine-sized spider (meaning it's twice as elastic as nylon and five times stronger than steel cable) , the ability to spew out an acid strong enough to eat through six inch thick reinforced steel in a single minute at will (though the same experiments that gave her those powers also made her insides durable enough to withstand her own acid) as well as a powerful telepathic link with all insects and arachnids within her immediate areas, but came at the cost of giving her a hideous half-bug appearance and twisting her mind even worse than it already was. After using her new powers to give her foalnappers a severe thrashing that they only barely survived, Spoiled became the super-villainess known as Lady Bug (a mixture of post-Underworld Unleashed Killer Moth and classic Justice League villainess the Queen Bee) and has had several battles with both the Super Friends of Equestria AND the Foal Titans.

Hey there. Just thought of another possible casting idea:

Coco Pommel/Looker: Coco started out as an extremely talented, but painfully shy fashion designer who was in the employ of Suri Polomare (before the latter would become the deranged super-criminal known as Hush). However, after years of putting up with her employer's bullying and doing all of her employer's dirty work, Coco's conscience would ultimately get the better of her and she would break away from her boss. This, combined with Suri's criminal activities becoming public knowledge thanks to the Mare-Do-Well's detective work, would eventually cause Suri to snap into full-blown super-villainy. As revenge for her former underling's betrayal, Suri hired some thugs to foalnap Coco. Half-fortunately, half-unfortunately, those SAME thugs were ALSO hired by some rogue scientists willing to pay for equine test subjects for their sick experiments. As a result of these scientists experiments, Coco would end up gaining telekinetic abilities equal to those of twenty high-level (but not super-equine) unicorns (which allows her to fly, generate force fields and fire energy blasts as well as levitate heavy loads) as well as limited, but potent telepathic powers (which allow her to read and, if the target's will is weak enough, even control the minds of sentient beings within her immediate area [though her telepathy is MOST potent with direct eye contact]), powers generated through her eyes. Coco used these powers to bring the scientists AND her foalnappers to justice and then started using her new powers to help others. Operating mostly in Manehattan, Coco goes by the super-name Looker (her name inspired by her eye-generated powers) though that's a nickname rather than a secret identity (as with Green Lantern in Canterlot, Coco's super-identity is public knowledge)

I hope this helps.

Hey there. Just thought of another casting identity:

Silver Spoon/Halo: Juvenile bully Silver Spoon gets badly injured in a VERY bad accident, but gets possessed by a well-intentioned, but naïve` rainbow-colored spirit. The possession not only healed enough of Silver Spoon's injuries to save her life (in fact, the only injury that was NOT healed was some amnesia) but also granting her the power of flight and seven different auras that each grant a different super-power (red grants heat generation, orange for concussive blasts, yellow generates extremely bright light, green temporarily immobilizes living beings and chemical reaction, blue creates a duplicate of herself while rendering her real self invisible, indigo is a tractor beam and violet grants regenerative healing of herself AND others). Fortunately, the amnesia Silver Spoon developed in the accident makes the spirit possessing her the dominant personality long enough that, by the time her memory returned, she grew to really like being a heroine enough to stick with it and break away from her former friend Diamond Tiara. Presently, she's a charter member of the Outsiders, a super-team whose purpose is to deal with the menaces that somehow manage to slip below the proverbial radar of more high profile teams like the Super Friends of Equestria.

Hello there. Just thought of another possible character:

Terrance Tabby (an OC earth pony stallion, with a lean, but physically fit build, a jet black mane and tail, a golden blonde coat and a Cutie Mark consisting of four different jungle cats [one lion, one tiger, one cheetah and one leopard], illustrating his love of cats and his catlike speed and agility. However, he is ALSO a savvy business-stallion and a master lock-picker and safe-cracker. As the Catstallion, he wears a royal purple feline-themed bodysuit complete with built-in retractable claws in the forehoof boots. As aforementioned, he REALLY loves cats. In fact, he loves them to the point where; not only does he have SEVERAL pet cats; but he also supports numerous charities that are devoted to helping big cats. As Catstallion, he is a master thief, but also has a strong enough conscience to help fight much bigger criminals, meaning that he is an ally for the Mare-Do-Well almost as often as he is an enemy [in fact, as Rarity notes herself, in many ways Terrance combines Fluttershy's love of animals and her own business savvy and taste for the finer things in life])

As you might guess, Terrance Tabby/Catstallion is an OC, gender-flipped stand-in for Selina Kyle/Catwoman. So, if you manage to get on to read this, what do you think?

cornholio4
Group Admin

4999118 looker and halo
Who are they the counterparts of as I have no idea

5112794 A couple of 1980s characters and Outsiders members called Looker and Halo (Halo was one of the founding members of the outsiders; Looker was the first NON-founding member of that team). The appropriate pages on Wikipedia can explain it better than I can.

But what did you think of the other ideas, just out of curiosity?

cornholio4
Group Admin

5112949 sorry I know,little otu the outsiders and I don't think I want them in my mlp DC universe

Okay, I can understand about not knowing enough about the Outsiders to like the idea. As I said before, that's fair enough. I'll try to think of some other heroic roles for Coco and Silver (well, okay, maybe "reformed villain" role in Silver's case, but you get the idea)

Actually, the "reformed villain" thing DOES give me an idea concerning Silver; maybe she ends up developing bad luck powers and adopts the super-name "Jinx". After some time of using those powers to help her friend, Diamond, Silver gradually starts to get disgusted enough to switch sides.

Does this work better?

I'm sorry I took a while, but I DO have another possible idea:

Sunburst/The Azure Arthropod (Ted Kord Blue Beetle [i.e. he uses high-tech gadgets and his wits to compensate for his lack of personal magic power])

Do you like this idea?

Here is a couple of other possible ideas:

Gabrielle/"Gabby" Griffin: Miss Terrific (Mister Terrific, obviously [Gabby is definitely multi-talented enough for the role])

Ember: No name yet, but I keep thinking of her in a role loosely based on Mary Marvel (somehow gaining powers similar, but not identical to, those Spike/Captain Alicorn [the powers coming from different sources]) save for being a love interest to Spike instead of his sister.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37