FTL: Faster Than Light 29 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Luz

New thread because why not?

So yeah, I keep getting massacred by the last stage of the flagship
I haven't beaten the game on neither difficulty with neither update packs.

Watiswrongwithme.jpg

The flagship is pretty powerful, but if you know how to beat it, it isn't all that hard to do. I'm not the greatest FTL player out there, but i can give a couple tips.
If you want to have any chance at beating the flagship, you probably want to have at least 3 layers of shields, and probably at least 5 engines. You will also need weapons capable of powering through the flagship's shields. If you don't have those, you're probably screwed.
A teleporter is extremely helpful, even if you don't have good boarding crew. Simply sending in 2 humans into the enemy missile bay at the beginning of the fight will be easy, and will neutralize all of the flagship's missiles, which is great. Missiles suck. And hurt. A lot.
If you have cloaking, only use one power bar for it. That way, you can cloak for a power charge, and still be able to cloak again once the next one hits.
If you go into your game library, pick FTL, and look to the left side of the window, there should be a section called "Links". Underneath that, there is a link labeled "Community Hub". This has many great guides created by FTL players far better than me. You should check that out if you need more help.

Some hints on the Flagship:

1. If you have mind control and a teleporter, you can teleport two boarders into the different weapons rooms and then mind control the enemy, this will immediatly send the hypnotised enemy into a different room on the ship since he can't fit. This lets your guys break the weapons extra easily.

2. Don't kill all the enemy crew. If you do, the flagship repairs all its system damage and becomes more powerful. Best strategy I've seen is to kill all the weapons guys except the one in the burst laser room and then pick off the rest of the crew with boarders and such so they don't man stations or repair systems in later rounds.

3. One trick for boarding focused ships is to put several boarders into the shield room (all the enemy crew will fight there) and then put a few more into some of the connected rooms, primarily the ones on the way to the medbay. The enemy crew will head to the shields to fight, then when their health gets low they will head to the medbay where the other guys will pick them off as they pass.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3