Crossover-verse 106 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Here's a thread for writing out how the characters know their own universe's versions of the other characters. Figured it'd be useful to have this in one place.

For example, in the Cadanceverse:

Octavia knows of Ditzy as a mailmare who wants to join the Wonderbolts. Ditzy isn't the fastest mare around, or the one with the most stamina, but she's very acrobatic and she's great with aerial maneuvers. (Talon & Thorn introduced this characterization of her with Ditzy delivering mail by flying past pony's houses and throwing the mail into their boxes or slots without even slowing down, and I loved the idea. :-) )

Octavia knows of Spike as Trixie's pet dragon, who helps her in her shows, acts as her fax machine, and generally makes sardonic remarks when she does something silly. He's currently traveling with Trixie as well as Twilight as they go questing. He also stayed with Fluttershy for a while, and Flutters probably told Octavia about Spike not liking the healthy diet she provided for him. (He wanted sweet gems; she felt that a growing dragon needed good, mineral-heavy rock salt and limestone.)

Octavia doesn't know Auntie Orange at all.

Octavia knows of Rainbow Dash as being the local weathermare. She doesn't know much more about her than that.

Octavia knows of Pinkie Pie as the local party pony. They got off to a bad start, with Octavia disliking the welcoming party Pinkie threw for her, but they're getting along better now.

Octavia doesn't know of Discord at all.

In the Manehattanverse:

Auntie Orange knows Octavia as a fellow Element of Harmony, and as mares of high etiquette, the two are each other's closest companions among the Manehattan Six. They meet regularly for tea, and Sherbet holds a great deal of respect for the power of Octavia's music.

Auntie Orange might recognize Ditzy as #15 from the Best Young Fliers Competition, whose performance caused a bit of destruction and sent the entire audience into a laughing fit.

Auntie Orange knows Spike as Twilight's assistant, who occasionally drools on her expensive lobby furniture, and who generally is a cute, dutiful child she's not averse to helping care for. She is also aware that her own Spike has a crush on Octavia. Might make for a funny moment once she recognizes him.

Auntie Orange knows Rainbow Dash from the Best Young Fliers incident. She probably remembers that Rainbow was somewhat difficult and a little harsh toward Blossomforth and Fluttershy, but ultimately not that bad, actually wanted to help them and she did end up saving Trixie's life.

Auntie Orange doesn't know Pinkie Pie at all.

Auntie Orange doesn't know about Discord yet at the last written point in Manehattanverse canon. However, she will have learned about his existence before the end of season 1, if all goes as planned.

Spike knows Ditzy as a fellow Element of Harmony. In his verse, she's the Element of Laughter, an impossibly cheerful mare who almost never seems to let anything get her down and loves her daughter Dinky more than anything else. Though she can be a bit klutzy or blind to other's sarcasm or negativity, it's only because she's always so bright and happy herself.

Spike knows Pinkie Pie as a hyperactive party pony that he's spoken to twice. Once when he disembarked the train from Canterlot, and once when she threw an "Interview Party" that same night to help him with his article for the Summer Sun Celebration. She's somewhat overwhelming, but harmless.

Spike knows Rainbow Dash as the town's talented but lazy Chief Weather Manager. Though she slacks off a fair bit, once she does do her job nopony is faster or better at it. Unfortunately she was also mostly responsible for getting the whole town to think he worked for Nightmare Moon after Celestia was kidnapped (though Spike doesn't hold any ill will toward anypony for that).

Spike doesn't know Octavia, Auntie Orange, or Discord at all.

Lunaverse (as far as I know, other L-verse writers might correct me)

Ditzy knows Octavia as Lyra's mentor who was blackmailed into trying to get Lyra to join her. She was caught out and was talked into stopping her mission. She has since become the royal musician playing for Princess Luna herself.

Ditzy knows of Spike as a young dragon working somewhat unwillingly for Corona. She has seen him grown into a titanic monster and may have heard second hand that he has since left Corona's employment.

Ditzy doesn't know Auntie Orange (However, it is possible she is a high up in the Apple Trust in the Lunaverse and may be a minor celebrity so she might have heard of her, although it's unlikely).

Ditzy knows Rainbow Dash as being the local weathermare, she knows that she was blackmailed into looking after her foalhood friend Fluttershy by Fluttershy's father and set up in her current job as a reward.

Ditzy knows Pinkie Pie as the local party pony, depending on when she left the Lunaverse she might know that Pinkie is currently dating Prince Blueblood, to most ponies astonishment.

Ditzy doesn't know of Discord at all.

Well, Hasbroverse...

Pinkie knows Dash as fellow Element of harmony, descendant of Firefly from G1.

Pinkie does not know Orange Sherbert.

Pinkie might know Octavia from Vinyl Scratch's weekly radio show, the only weekly radio show in Equestria at the time. ;)

Pinkie knows Ditzy as mailmare extraordinaire, mother of Dinky and Sparkler and wife of Doctor Whooves.

She knows Spike as Twilight's dragon/brother... but she might not make the connections, since in the Hasbroverse there's also Spike Witwicky, and G1 Spike, who grew up to be King Spykoran the Old.

That reminds me. How do Daniel, Danielle, and Transformers G1 Daniel get along? And does that confuse the ponies in the Hasbroverse at all? :pinkiecrazy:

Now ah've got it in mah head that Orange Sherbet should play shipper on deck to Spike an' Octavia. Naturally causin' no end of discomfort fer them...

Didn't the Oranges make an appearance in Carrot Top Season in the Lunaverse canon? Not that this would be any reason for Ditzy to recognize Sherbet, as Ditzy wasn't heavily involved in that story, although it might give her reason to pause if Applejack's name is brought up... The Apple Trust's actions affected all of Ponyville, not just Carrot Top.

I think uncle orange appears and talks (well sings) with Applejack for a bit but he doesn't really tour the town. It's also possible he was a figment of the sleep deprived Applejack's mind. But I'm fairly sure Auntie doesn't appear.

2764075 Orange Sherbet does not appear. i do remember that bit.

2763732 : Auntie never shows up, and while Carrot Top, Cheerilee, and Trixie (and AJ) see Uncle Orange, Ditzy doesn't.

2763431 : Heh. That'd be a bit awkward for all parties concerned.

To go onwards with this how do you think the party will fit together as a team, who likes who, who doesn't get along?

Now I'm afraid I've skimped on my research I know the Luna and Cadencevses but I'm still working through the others (Flip verse is up first). So I'm not 100% on the personalities but I could see their relationships as: -

Spike - He seems to have set himself up as the leader and most seem to be happy with that (see below) I don't know how confidant he might be about that when the pressure mounts. He's probably nervous around Octy and might not get on well with Rainbow.

Rainbow- Probably not that happy playing second fiddle to Spike so might vie for leadership. Probably gets on with Pinkie but maybe less Octy.

Pinkie - One thing is that Pinkie seems to be a universal constant, she's more or less the same in all universes (and there might be a future plot) so at least everypony will be sort of comftable with her. It sort of comes down to how much her personality grates on the other characters, I can see her not getting on well with Octy and possibly spike but the others get on with her.

Octavia - Would probably get on well with Auntie orange maybe less so with Dash and Pinkie. Might sort of act as the Smart Guy although Spike's probably get a good general knowledge as well.

Auntie orange - Team Mom. Probably tries to keep the others playing nicely and defuse any problems. Dash might be a bit resentful and Spike may appreciate a confessor.

Ditzy - This is the one I'm stuck on, she's probably quite similar to Auntie Orange in position but I'm not sure how she would differenciate from her, she'd probably get on with everypony, possibly some problems with Octavia for what the L-Octavia did.

Y'know, this's probably not even tangentially relevant to anything, but ah mentioned mah brain is gettin' sideswiped by patterns in the other thread, and now ah feel like mentioning one a' those patterns, somethin' ah've gone over a few times before. Have y'all ever heard of Wu Xing? Ah learned a little bit about 'em a long while back, an' recently tried mappin' each Element to one of 'em (equating Magic to Void). Ah ended up with these resultant cycles:

Generative: Kindness>Laughter>Honesty>Loyalty>Generosity
Destructive: Kindness>Honesty>Generosity>Laughter>Loyalty

Ah don't know what any of this means ta you, but ah keep tryin' to apply it to stuff in mah mind.Like, if Loyalty inspires Generosity, an' Generosity inspires Kindness, then does that suggest Sherbet actually has the closest connection to Dash an' Ditzy? If Honesty stops Generosity, does that mean Octavia is a threat to Sherbet?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13