The Brony group 31 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 2464 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2,464

Long, long ago, before even the Elements of Harmony, when the universe was young, the world was divided between Order and Chaos, with most races existing in the no-man's-land in the middle of the eternal war. Sides are chosen between order and chaos, and pony agents of each side continue the conflict. This is the state of the world, how it was made, and how it continues to be.

Well, some ponies are having none of that. A group has formed, known as the Crusaders of Harmony. Their mission: to adhere to the principles of Good, and bring peace and harmony to the war-torn world. To that end, they have created the so-called Elements of Harmony, virtues by which one should live their life. They stick strongly to their virtues, although these virtues aren't always the Elements (the Elements are just the main ones), and they are spreading the joy. They're out to change the world forever, and make it a better place in the meanwhile. It's an uphill road, and they will need to fight for their peace, but it's a cause worth fighting for. Join them in their quest.

Character Base-
Name:
Mane & Tail:
Color:
Cutie Mark:
Other parts of appearance:
Virtue (doesn't have to be the Elements of Harmony):
Sin:
Reason for Joining the Crusaders:

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

Lolk
Race: changeling
Mane&tail: White
Color: Crimson.
CM: N/A
Virtue: Empathy
Sin: Pride.
Reason for Joining the Crusaders: It's hard to tell a good story without a orderly background to start from. Senseless struggle ca' appreciate art, so it must be made into a form in which it can.

Comment posted by Lorthalis of Crows deleted Jan 12th, 2014

[Why'd you doublepost? Also, welcome.]

First five members will become the Five Founders of the Crusaders.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

(t'was an accident.)

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

2585320 (what are the race limitations?)

Little Light
Race: Unicorn
Mane & Tail: Dark Purple
Color: Light purple
Cutie Mark: A white six-pointed star (representing a talent for light spells)
Eye Color: Amber
Virtue: Kindness
Sin: Pride (she thinks she knows the nature of ponies)
Reason for joining the Crusaders: Wished to introduce the axis of Good to the world.
Personality notes: Loves fire and explosions a little bit more than is healthy.

[Nothing overly godmoded. So, no alicorns (at least, you character can't be one initially), no draconequi, and so such.]

Comment posted by Shadow-Dancer deleted Jan 12th, 2014

Name: Alexius

Race: Unicorn

Mane & Tail: Grey, with a white stripe

Color: White

Cutie Mark: An hourglass

Eye Color: Bright yellow

Other parts of appearance: slightly curled mane, a gold bracelet on each foreleg, hourglass necklace

Spells/Types of Magic: Conjuration, Restoration, Destruction, Illusion, Telekinesis

Virtue: Bravery

Sin: Cowardice

Reason for Joining the Crusaders: She's tired of looking at all of the death surrounding her, and all of the other ponies hiding in fear. Wants to bring harmony and courage back to the world, and doesn't want others to fall into sin like she did.

[What's her talent?]

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

Name: Indicus
(Known to most as Shadow Dancer or just Shadow)
Race:Human
description: White skin, dark brown hair with stubble on his chin,he wears black leather armor with multiple satchels on his person it also has a hood and cowl

Weapons: A dagger, and sword made of a rare metal called Shadowsoul. Its properties let it bind to a Shadow Caster and amplifies Shadow magic for a fifty percent increase in power.

Magic type: Uses a magic type that rarely appears known as Shadow magic

Other parts of appearance: Some scars across his face
Virtue: Protector
Sin: Murder

Reason for Joining the Crusaders: He is an assassin that tried to stay out of the war. When he heard about the group he decided that the endless war went on for long enough with no end in sight,even if he thinks it is foolish to believe peace and Harmony can last forever. He also believes that Chaos is required for harmony to exists

History: He was born into the assassins guild, and trained in the rare art of shadow magic , the blade and stealth from the time he could use levitation and was one of the best Shadow casters of the guild surpassing or on the level of all of his peers, in his free time he studied philosophy. (the groups Shadow casters number at 5-15)

[This is near the beginning of the universe. Not much time for arts to get lost.]

Are humans aloud?

[Allowed, and yes, they are. This is set at the beginning of the universe, so we're not constrained by races shown in canon.]

(is there a specific way that we have to present them?)

[I have a outline for character presentation in my beginning post.]

Could I place my OC's profile up instead? Just curious.

[You could just use your OC as a basis for filling out the outline provided.]

Wel, I ask because my OC is very complicated. But, I guess I could just do that for now then. Thanks for helping me out.
Well, with that said, here's mine then:

Name: Drakalian
Race: Human
Physical Description: 5ft 6in; pale white skin; emerald eyes; short dirty blonde hair
Mental Description: Is a very helpful person, and loves to help others with their problems.
Powers/Abilities; can read other's emotions through their eyes, but has to figure out why they are feeling the emotion by himself. For this reason, he finds it uncomfortable to look others in the eyes for long, except for those that he trust the most, such as a special some pony or very close friend
Combat Description: uses Bo staff and Sais as main weapons. Is skilled in Shaolin Kempo Karate
Virtue: is very understanding of others, even if he doesn't agree to their believes
Sin: is overly shy and hard to meet new people/ponies/sentient beings. Wears a red hoodie that covers up his eyes and is also very lonely
Reason for joining the Crusaders: wants to do good and help others, while also looking for a special somepony to help fill the gap in his heart

I hope that this will do

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

2589685 (well the fact there is a human character confirms that I can have one so here we go with the edit)

(I edited her virtue and sin to Bravery and Cowardice, so her talent is leading others in times of extreme fear and need)

2589664 2586423 2586119 2585293
[Now that we have the Five Founders at least, we can probably get on with the story, so here goes:]

In the village of Avalon, in the Sanctuary Mountain range near the middle of the Neutral Lands, there was a castle. This by itself was not unusual. Most towns were overlooked by a castle of some sort. In the castle there usually resided a Lord who gave protection to the town and its inhabitants, and decided which side they took, Order or Chaos. But Avalon's castle was not an ordinary castle. For one thing, it had no lord. He'd been killed by agents of Chaos years ago, and never replaced. A group of ponies (and other races) ruled in his place. For another thing, this group was famous. They were the Harmony Crusaders, the ponies who had not chosen Order or Chaos, but had made their own side, and fought against both. Now, within that castle, the Five Founders, originators of the Crusaders, were having a meeting.

Little Light, the first founder, snuggled a little deeper into the cushy sofa she was sitting on. She told the other four: "Okay, the tea was great, but now it's time to talk business. Any status updates?"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

(My sin is pride. this will be fun.)

"None on my end, though I'm looking into possible binding magics we might be able to use later."

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

2590588 I stepped out of the shadow and dispelled the shadows around me revealing my identity and crossed my arms. "Not much has changed in the North although Order seems to be gathering, probably another attack on the Chaos troops fifty miles south west."

Alexius, the third founder, studied her map of the kingdom.
"I have little to report as well. This issue is something I would like to bring to your attention, however. Our crusade has covered little ground. If we are to truly succeed, we must expand and spread our beliefs to others."

"Which do you think we should break first, or should we do anything? If we destroy one, there'll be an imbalance. Possibly we could wait for Order to do our dirty work and dislodge Chaos from their position?"

Is it too late to join? Also.

Name: Theo Lumbermane

Race: Pegasus

Physical description: Here is a picture.

Cutie Mark: Handsaw and carpenter hammer crossed over each other with the hammer on the top.

Eye color: Teal

Weapon: Two handed maul with decorative runes. The runes augment his strength to swing the weapon with ease.

Virtue: Justice

Sin: Wrath

Reason for joining: Since he started life as a simple carpenter, he tried to stay out of the affairs of all sides of the war. His village was nothing more than a small blip on the map, a place that nopony would even remember. It became the battle ground of the latest battle of the war. While his town was being destroyed, he tried to escape with his family out of the city, only to be stopped by chaos troops who believed they were enemy spies. Using the Maul that was passed down through his family, he tried to fight off the enemy. But his family died in the struggle and he was forced to flee. This made him want to fight to stop this meaningless war. He wanted to see Justice stand. The Crusaders were the perfect place to have that happen.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"We need a way to beat them both, without causing an imbalance."

[Too late? Only to be a member of the Five Founders.]

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

2590722 I shook my head "Right now nothing needs to be done about it, they will do that themselves unless it gets worse then it's best to let them do their thing."

"I think I may have an idea. We let Order defeat Chaos, and then we move in to defeat Order."

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"We would only become the new Chaos. It would be for naught. We need to beat them both at around the same time."

Comment posted by Shadow-Dancer deleted Jan 13th, 2014

"I think I know of a way to hinder both sides at once."

A blue stallion walked in on them. Who was this stallion? They didn't know. He trots up to the map in front of Alexus and points to an area that is blank.

"Both armies are currently fighting here."

"Avalon espouses our beliefs, as does Asphodel. Themiscyra is well disposed towards us, even if they also lean towards Chaos. That's what we've managed so far. But you're right, it isn't really enough. The Chaos soldiers are near the Orderly villiage of Hawaiki. I do think that if we saved them, they'd be disposed to listen to us."

"If you know a way, please tell us."

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

2590826 "They started quick." I say this not sowing any surprise, and still stood in the corner near the map.

"Yes, I suppose. This is a very delicate mission. Ah, rookie. Tell us: what exactly is your plan?"

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

2590888 "Yes please do tell"

I just shake my head, my hood blocking the view of my upper face

"A good way to cripple both sides at once is to take out their main forces. Both sides have their main army clashing at this location. All we have to do is destroy both sides at once."

Theo grasps the hammer from his back (don't ask me how hoof physics work with holding things) and bears it in front of him. The runes begin to glow.

"They will never see us coming."

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

2590907 I look over and nod.

2590913 "Good Idea, I can just go after the leaders to stir confusion and we can take care of them during the confusion."

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"I agreed. Based on our current perception of things, anyways."

"You may know where they are fighting, but do you know what their armies are composed of?"

"Oh. I was hoping it wouldn't come quite to that, because of that little fact known as 'they both have armies, while we don't'. There's got to be more strategy than that. I agree, that's what we should do, but how should we go about this?"
Little Light magically levitated a map onto a table in the center of the room and unrolled it. "This map shows the Neutral Lands. The upcoming battle is over here," she said, and pointed where it was. "Is there any resources here that you know of that we could use to gain an advantage?"

"do we know any pony else that could join our cause?"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2,464