The Chronicles 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
F4D3
Group Admin

Nodes in this universe are seen as the final living form of judgement. Through their adventures and lessons they must decide what is right and wrong, and you are no exception.

In quests, you may be given, among your fellow Nodes, the decision of what the correct moral path to take is. This will not only change the outcome of your adventures, but also shape the world around you. But the Nodes themselves are not unbiased. Your choices will be effected by multiple factors: Your place of birth, species, profession, personality, and most importantly; which of the three core beliefs you follow. In fact, most if not all the decisions you make will be oriented towards these beliefs in some way. But ultimately it will take the Node as a collective to make the necessary changes to the world.

Let's look at a dummy example:

A thief has stolen some goods from a local shop, and it is you and your team's duty to find, apprehend, and give some form of judgement for his actions. After passively incapacitating him, you must decide what is to be done with him.

At this point, each Node will be vying for a different action to be taken against this man, based loosely around their core belief. Here would be some possible examples of what those may be:

Decision #1: Peace "This poor man has done no wrongs, and was merely doing what he needed in order to survive. I believe he should be forgiven, and aided so that he may not make this error again."

This decision would not only free the thief from the crime, but also have the team attempt to aid him in some way, either giving him resources to live off of or currency so that he needn't steal again.

Decision #2: Justice "No matter the reason, he has stolen from his fellow sapien, and according to our laws he must be reprimanded."

To the point, this choice will leave the thief to serve recompense for his crime.

Decision #3: Patience "The stolen goods have been returned, and no damage has befallen them. This man did what his hungered mind told him to, but that is neither a thing of sinfulness or purity. Leave him his dignity, and let him think upon his actions alone."

If this outcome was met, the thief would be set free of his crimes, but would do nothing to help him besides.

Now, while these choices are fairly straightforward, as you progress you will find more and more challenging decisions, whose after effects may haunt you for an increasingly long time. As an addition, you may also receive a bonus for completing a quest decision that aligns with your beliefs, which will vary depending on each individual quest.

2388058 Interesting. This has several possibilities.

so basically quest are going to have three moral standings:
Justice=Aggressive behavior
Patience=Assertive behavior
Peace-Passive behavior

*also a question is every body a hero or can they be a tiny bit evil*

F4D3
Group Admin

Glad you like it.

Basically, though later on, as I said, decisions will become much more difficult, like deciding between who should live and die, or making a decision that could very well spike a war between two countries.

As for your second question, in this universe no one is considered inherently good or evil. A driving mentality in this world is that everyone, no matter who you are, has selfish tendencies, but that you can express those tendencies in either constructive or destructive ways.

Essentially, everyone is expected to do what they feel is right/gives them the greatest profit overall.

F4D3
Group Admin

That wasn't necessarily what I was going for. This is more about the character's personality than anything else. 2388129 actually explained this pretty well, though keep in mind, there will be more decisions than just these three types, I was just giving these as examples to show how they would correlate to the three core beliefs.

F4D3
Group Admin

kk, no problem with that.

F4D3
Group Admin

Scale? Like, how big it will be in terms of stuff you can do? I'm hoping fairly big. The entire planet of Tezanu (approx. 1/3 the size of Earth) will be open for exploration, and in the condensed size you'll be able to find quite a bit, and while space travel is possible for most Tezans, that won't really be addressed unless we get into the Gardi or Equinic saga.

As for places you can go, if that's your meaning, three continents and a single ocean connecting them are what make up Tezanu, the largest being roughly a bit smaller than Asia.

Don't know if that answered your question or not...

F4D3
Group Admin

Mostly through forums, though I may or may not use PMs to get information to specific players.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12